• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should we look at Tebow?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow is being tutored by Tom House. Working on fundamentals such as rotation of throwing, being compact and on point. Tom house is the same guy who tutors Brady and Drew Brees. Tebow never had a fair chance to develop. He was a winner in college and the pros. He only threw 6 interceptions while starting for the Broncos. he also scored 6 Touchdowns rushing. Sanchez is a loser and we pay him good money to be a backup. We can have a proven winner at 3rd string for very little money. Laugh all you want naysayers, all I am saying is that we should at least take a look at Tebow!

Lol… "He only threw six interceptions"

He only completed 126. Meaning he threw an interception for roughly every 19 passes he completed. Not to mention, how many passes were thrown over 15 yards?

Tim Tebow is the worst passer to have extended time starting in the NFL, and it is not even close. He "led them to the playoffs" by losing the team's last three games, mostly due to him performing DREADFULLY. They finished 8-8 and backed in because Kansas City and Oakland so god damned awful.

The man has no place on an NFL football field as a QB, and judging by how his career seemed to go after leaving Denver. He doesn't have much of a place anywhere else either. Any offense he would ever step on the field for at QB in a starting role, they would instantly turn into a circus. Just like how Denver's offense when he "led them to the playoffs" was a complete JOKE. It was a laughing stock.

"Led them to the playoffs"… yeah, right. That 12 points per game he put up en route to the team backing into the playoffs losing their final three games. Oh, glory day! Let us not forget, that he did not beat ONE SINGLE team that finished over .500 throughout his win streak that put them in that position either. Won a bunch of 13-10 games against GARBAGE football teams. (Caleb Hanie led Chicago Bears… lol). He had the league's #1 rushing offense (even if you take out his rushing numbers, I believe) and the team's defense that played out of their MINDS that second half of the season. With a real QB (like you saw with Manning stepping in), that was a Super Bowl caliber team. He really was just god awful. His team won a playoff game against an injury decimated Steelers team, on a fluke blown coverage in which you or I probably could have completed a pass to Demaryius Thomas.

Tim Tebow playing quarterback in the NFL, is a disgrace to the game of football. If he is signed, every other player in an Eagles uniform should take offense to the fact that he was invited to camp.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He only completed 126. Meaning he threw an interception for roughly every 19 passes he completed. Not to mention, how many passes were thrown over 15 yards?

Tim Tebow is the worst passer to have extended time starting in the NFL, and it is not even close. He "led them to the playoffs" by losing the team's last three games, mostly due to him performing DREADFULLY. They finished 8-8 and backed in because Kansas City and Oakland so god damned awful.

The man has no place on an NFL football field as a QB, and judging by how his career seemed to go after leaving Denver. He doesn't have much of a place anywhere else either. Any offense he would ever step on the field for at QB in a starting role, they would instantly turn into a circus. Just like how Denver's offense when he "led them to the playoffs" was a complete JOKE. It was a laughing stock.

"Led them to the playoffs"… yeah, right. That 12 points per game he put up en route to the team backing into the playoffs losing their final three games. Oh, glory day! Let us not forget, that he did not beat ONE SINGLE team that finished over .500 throughout his win streak that put them in that position either. Won a bunch of 13-10 games against GARBAGE football teams. (Caleb Hanie led Chicago Bears… lol). He had the league's #1 rushing offense (even if you take out his rushing numbers, I believe) and the team's defense that played out of their MINDS that second half of the season. With a real QB (like you saw with Manning stepping in), that was a Super Bowl caliber team. He really was just god awful. His team won a playoff game against an injury decimated Steelers team, on a fluke blown coverage in which you or I probably could have completed a pass to Demaryius Thomas.

Tim Tebow playing quarterback in the NFL, is a disgrace to the game of football. If he is signed, every other player in an Eagles uniform should take offense to the fact that he was invited to camp.

lol. There are two sides to every story and you are definitely only telling one here. Tebow has a lot of positive moments in his history that you are totally ignoring here. I am arguably the world's greatest Tebow apologist having discussed the topic at one time over on kffl for over 2000 posts. While I am tempted to reprise the discussion here, how about you just read the previous thread....Tebow cut... - Page 21

At the end of the day, when you can have that long a discussion on something it is clearly not cut and dry, and clearly Tebow was not a starting quality QB at the time (who knows about today?). But when a guy has had that sort of success, its also a bit shocking frankly to not find him in an NFL training camp or rostered as a 2nd or 3rd string QB. There simply is not that many decent QBs out there.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You make excuses for anything that he did right. I hope that you are not that tough with your kids. Tebow was a winner during his time with the Broncos. He was cautious not to give the ball away. He had a 2% interception rate on all passes thrown. He is a team player. He scored 6 touchdowns rushing. He was not perfected by any means during his stint with the Broncos. But most Quarterbacks would have received a chance to improve their
game the following year. He never had that chance. He was not awful as you say but he was limited. You are a disgrace in the way you attack a man of good character. I wonder if you even like yourself!

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly what annoys the crap out of me with Tebow….Why is there so much hype around this guy!? Honestly….he absolutely blows as an NFL QB. If we sign him I'll be really ticked

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- 3 of the 7 wins came against teams that were .500 or better then they played. They may have ended as loser, but have Denver loss as one of the reasons for that.
- The Broncos scored 154 points in those 7 wins averaging 22 points per game (not 13 as you say)
- The Pittsburgh Steelers were the top rated defense in the NFL that year. Tebow threw for 316 yards and two TDs, and no INTs on only 21 passes. Arguably won of the top 20 playoff performances of all time.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sanchez has got to be thinking "Not this fuckin guy again"

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- 3 of the 7 wins came against teams that were .500 or better then they played. They may have ended as loser, but have Denver loss as one of the reasons for that.
- The Broncos scored 154 points in those 7 wins averaging 22 points per game (not 13 as you say)
- The Pittsburgh Steelers were the top rated defense in the NFL that year. Tebow threw for 316 yards and two TDs, and no INTs on only 21 passes. Arguably won of the top 20 playoff performances of all time.

The Steelers were missing a few starters on defense in that game.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers were missing a few starters on defense in that game.

The Steelers were missing one starter from their defense, Ryan Clark, who has problems with altitude sickness.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dpd, these new haters aren't going to be any different than the old haters. Same arguments, same lack of caring for the details.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dpd, these new haters aren't going to be any different than the old haters. Same arguments, same lack of caring for the details.

Yeah, I know. I can let them have their hate, but it still irks me when they get all their facts so wrong.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't hate the guy at all. Seems a really good guy. I just give more credit to the Denver D and their kicker for those wins than Tebow. Those who like Tebow tend to discount losing the last 3 regular season games and playing horribly. If he came back and played well I'd be really happy for the guy.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers were missing one starter from their defense, Ryan Clark, who has problems with altitude sickness.

They lost DE Brett Keisel and NT Casey Hampton early in the game and they did not return. So you are correct that they only had one starter out at the beginning of the game but they lost 2 more in short order. Still a helluva game by Tebow.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate the guy at all. Seems a really good guy. I just give more credit to the Denver D and their kicker for those wins than Tebow. Those who like Tebow tend to discount losing the last 3 regular season games and playing horribly. If he came back and played well I'd be really happy for the guy.

Didn't mean to imply that you personally were a hater, but I've seen deerpathdave go through this exercise before. A young QB is bound to fail more than he succeeds, but most are allowed to build on the successes. Tebow was never given that opportunity for whatever reason.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't mean to imply that you personally were a hater, but I've seen deerpathdave go through this exercise before. A young QB is bound to fail more than he succeeds, but most are allowed to build on the successes. Tebow was never given that opportunity for whatever reason.

One of the reasons was the Bronco management didn't want to go forward with him as the QB. I think he had around a 46% completion percentage that year (That could be his lifetime % but I don't feel like looking it up again). I also think that in a passing league like the NFL if you're going to build around a guy like Tebow you may have issues attracting free agents WR's. Then you have to throw in that if he gets hurt you're going to have to find a guy who can run that offense which isn't easy.
There's lots of talented guys who were QB's in college but ended up in other positions (Ward & Edelman for instance) and that's were I thought Tebow's future would be. But he was adamant he wanted to be a QB and it didn't work out. He also didn't have to change because he ended up with the SEC network and from what I hear he's pretty good at it. Haven't seen him in that role though

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point if Chip thinks Tebow can be successful in his system, then I say go for it. He's going to be the 3rd string anyway. Furthermore, he will be more productive than Barkley ever is/was. I'm not a Tebow lover or hater. It comes down to wins. Everything Tebow has done from his time in college to the pros is he is a winner. He doesn't bring baggage. He's a positive role model, he is very involved with community service. The media is partially the problem with painting a picture of this guy as a god. It rubs off the wrong way to the fanbases IMO. I'd be okay with Tebow.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the reasons was the Bronco management didn't want to go forward with him as the QB. I think he had around a 46% completion percentage that year (That could be his lifetime % but I don't feel like looking it up again). I also think that in a passing league like the NFL if you're going to build around a guy like Tebow you may have issues attracting free agents WR's. Then you have to throw in that if he gets hurt you're going to have to find a guy who can run that offense which isn't easy.
There's lots of talented guys who were QB's in college but ended up in other positions (Ward & Edelman for instance) and that's were I thought Tebow's future would be. But he was adamant he wanted to be a QB and it didn't work out. He also didn't have to change because he ended up with the SEC network and from what I hear he's pretty good at it. Haven't seen him in that role though

Its really a no brainer to go with Manning over well... anybody.

Then he's got this wildly popular thing going on that seems to be almost more a curse than a blessing. His supporters are/were so over the top, and the media fawning, that there has been alot of backlash of people that find it nauseating, so he has proven to be divisive in the fan base, spawning a boatload of haters.

And that can be a strange dynamic to have in the locker room for a backup player. I think Jacksonville almost had no choice but to pass on him is there is no way that a starter would get a fair shot there. You would hope two years later that all that would fade and be in the past and people would let the guy just get on with his career.

There really is no good football reason why he isn't in a training camp. He is more than good enough to make a roster, and especially if he can contribute on special teams, he should be a valuable guy to have on your team as teams don't really like to have a third stringer active who can't do something else.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a winner. I wouldn't doubt him succeeding until I saw him fail.