• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should we look at Tebow?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its really a no brainer to go with Manning over well... anybody.

Then he's got this wildly popular thing going on that seems to be almost more a curse than a blessing. His supporters are/were so over the top, and the media fawning, that there has been alot of backlash of people that find it nauseating, so he has proven to be divisive in the fan base, spawning a boatload of haters.

And that can be a strange dynamic to have in the locker room for a backup player. I think Jacksonville almost had no choice but to pass on him is there is no way that a starter would get a fair shot there. You would hope two years later that all that would fade and be in the past and people would let the guy just get on with his career.

There really is no good football reason why he isn't in a training camp. He is more than good enough to make a roster, and especially if he can contribute on special teams, he should be a valuable guy to have on your team as teams don't really like to have a third stringer active who can't do something else.

From what I remember he's doing pretty well with the ACC network so maybe they're paying him more than he'd make as a 3rd stringer/special teams player. That could factor in as well

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a winner. I wouldn't doubt him succeeding until I saw him fail.

You mean like he has on every NFL team he's played for?

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. So you bump the thread back up to the top?

Home from work, and I must click on every thread that is bolded….unfortunately this was one of them.

Mods -- how much do I have to pay to have this thread disappear?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. There are two sides to every story and you are definitely only telling one here. Tebow has a lot of positive moments in his history that you are totally ignoring here. I am arguably the world's greatest Tebow apologist having discussed the topic at one time over on kffl for over 2000 posts. While I am tempted to reprise the discussion here, how about you just read the previous thread....Tebow cut... - Page 21

At the end of the day, when you can have that long a discussion on something it is clearly not cut and dry, and clearly Tebow was not a starting quality QB at the time (who knows about today?). But when a guy has had that sort of success, its also a bit shocking frankly to not find him in an NFL training camp or rostered as a 2nd or 3rd string QB. There simply is not that many decent QBs out there.

No, I am posting blatant facts to back my opinion. There is no grey area, he was a complete and utter TRAINWRECK as a QB. This is why NOBODY wants him. Don't you think an NFL coach would be interested in him? He's been with three organizations, stuck nowhere and nobody else wants him. I mean, did you watch the games? If you did, you must have had your fanboy glasses on THICK.

"HE'S A WINNER! HE'S A WINNER!" He's not a winner of SHHIIIIIIT. He beat a bunch of SUB .500 FOOTBALL TEAMS for chrissake. AND IN UGLY FASHION! Scoring what? 13 points per game while his defense cleaned up? The biggest crock of shit OF ALL-TIME is him being credited for those wins. Shows how dumb and gullible the average NFL fan is. Thinking football is a one-on-one sport between QB's. His team was OUTSTANDING! Could you imagine if they actually had a QB capable of passing? Could you imagine if they could have scored more than 13-14 points per game? They might have actually made a run... Like they did with Manning.

If you cannot see this, you are a Tebow fanboy in denial. Your Jesus freak boy is one of the worst passers ever to step foot on an NFL field, I am sorry to break it to you. How in the hell does a QB who is not capable of passing, pan out in the NFL?

A quarterback who cannot pass will not succeed in the NFL. This is not up for debate, it is not one side of a story… it is… A FLAT FACT.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't mean to imply that you personally were a hater, but I've seen deerpathdave go through this exercise before. A young QB is bound to fail more than he succeeds, but most are allowed to build on the successes. Tebow was never given that opportunity for whatever reason.

He failed in Denver… he failed to win a competition for playing time in New York. Then… he failed to win a roster spot in New England.

He had plenty of chances.

It wasn't for "whatever reason"… it was, because people who know what the hell they're doing took one look at his game tape and began to vomit. Belichick took one look at him in camp… and began to vomit. He couldn't win a backup job in New York versus NOBODIES.

He got a second… and a third chance. He couldn't even get on the field.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make excuses for anything that he did right. I hope that you are not that tough with your kids. Tebow was a winner during his time with the Broncos. He was cautious not to give the ball away. He had a 2% interception rate on all passes thrown. He is a team player. He scored 6 touchdowns rushing. He was not perfected by any means during his stint with the Broncos. But most Quarterbacks would have received a chance to improve their
game the following year. He never had that chance. He was not awful as you say but he was limited. You are a disgrace in the way you attack a man of good character. I wonder if you even like yourself!

Oh my god. They're not "excuses". They are FACTS.

FACT - he didn't beat a team over .500, and never did in his career. (Beat Steelers in the playoffs)

FACT - He has a career 47% completion percentage… with the majority of those passes being attempts of less than 15 yards. That is sickening. And in his "moment of glory". His win vs the Steelers. He completed 47% of his passes.

FACT - He put together one of the worst playoff performances in playoff history the next week in New England.

2012-01-14 24-153 DEN @ NWE L 10-45 * 9 26 34.62 136 0 0 52.7 5.23 5.23 5 13 2.60 0 0

FACT - he lost every game down the stretch of the regular season (in embarrassing fashion), and backed into the playoffs at 8-8 with a cringe inducing performance in week 17 with his season on the line. Completing 6/22 passes for 60 yards. 0 TD's 1 INT and a 20 QB rating. Losing 7-3.

FACT - He put together some of the worst performances at QB the NFL has seen, and did so on multiple occasions in one season.

FACT - His defense was PHENOMENAL… as was his running game, O-line play, etc…

FACT - The offense he led generally scored between 13-17 points in games. I cannot find the exact statistic.

FACT - The ONLY REASON his legacy is even up for debate as being a "success" in Denver, is because the Broncos beat a Steelers team DECIMATED by injuries. And he threw a touchdown to a WIDE OPEN Demaryius Thomas on a completely blown coverage. He was VERY nearly benched for Brady Quinn that week.

FACT - The team he played for abandoned him for a real QB the following season.

FACT - That same team won 13 games the following year, went to a super bowl the following… and were the highest scoring offense in NFL history with pretty much the same personnel. Not to mention, the same coach.

Tim Tebow winning games in 2011, is the equivalent of a starting MLB pitcher having a winning record with a 8.00 ERA. He did nothing but drag his team down, but they were fortunate enough to make up for his shortcomings.

Tim Tebow only won ANYTHING in college. He is far from a winner in the NFL. He proved he could do nothing but fall on his face in the NFL, and rely on his defense/running game to carry him on their shoulders.

You have to EARN a chance to grow in the NFL. It's not a freaking charity. He was a first round pick, it's not like they didn't have anything invested in him. They did, and they had seen enough.

Throughout Tebow's stint as a starter, not only was he bad… not only did he not progress… HE GOT WORSE. Go look at his game logs. I assure you. Down the stretch of that season was the worst he looked.

He showed zero promise, and zero signs of having a higher ceiling. You can't pass, you can't play QB in the NFL. As simple as that.

Delusional fanboys run wild with this guy, it's amazing.