• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

should we have started Kaep from beginning of season?

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea where to post this. 2-0-1 gets you some interesting Twitter action. Her words not mine.

@Madison420Ivy: @Kaepernick7 is my #1 #FantasyFuck Pick!!! I want to Taste that Sexy Carmel Mans' Cum! ;D #JustATaste

BTW, Kap now follows her.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea where to post this. 2-0-1 gets you some interesting Twitter action. Her words not mine.

@Madison420Ivy: @Kaepernick7 is my #1 #FantasyFuck Pick!!! I want to Taste that Sexy Carmel Mans' Cum! ;D #JustATaste

Geez, she must be a catch. Kaepernick is goofy looking and talks like a buck- toothed hayseed.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect she might be an adult entertainer.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical hater

A dork is a dork. Doesn't matter who he plays for. And only a clown gets tattoos all up and down his arms. I like the way he plays and he seems like a modest guy in his interviews, just sounds and looks silly in my opinion.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By statistics Kaep had a decent not great game. If you watched the game and saw Kaep elude the pass rush in the pocket and extend plays by avoiding sacks then it was far above pedestrian. I will say Kaep had a very good game I will noit go as far as great but definately a very good game.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the sake of clarity - our offense yesterday was certainly not pedestrian vs. the Saints defense. In terms of production we were the 4th (nearly tied for the 3rd) most productive offense the Saints have faced at home.

And for those who like to play the "what if" game - add those two missed field goals and we would have been tied for the 2nd most productive offense the Saints faced at home.

As far as Kaepernick himself, he posted the 4th best QBr (90.6) and the 2nd highest YPA (9.2 behind RG III's 11.8) vs. the Saints at home.

All things considered, our offense, led by Kaepernick making only his 2nd career start was anything but pedestrian.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
90%? I'd say he did what he was asked to do 90% of the time. That is the definition of success.

Sure. But he wasn't asked to do much because of his limitations as a QB. In our system and this surrounding QB, I think a lot of QBs could've been successful with what was asked of Smith.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. But he wasn't asked to do much because of his limitations as a QB. In our system and this surrounding QB, I think a lot of QBs could've been successful with what was asked of Smith.

That much is true. Kaepernick certainly brings a higher level of potential to the position.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A few thoughts on this thread. First, there's no doubt that Kap should remain the starter. As I said before the Saints game, if we're going to play to protect a QB, let's play to protect the guy who can open up the offense.

Kaepernick gives us far more options on offense. He wasn't phenomenal this week, but I thought he was pretty darn good. Very accurate again, decisive, elusive in the pocket. His numbers weren't great, he had a terrible INT, and almost a costly throw in the endzone. But the offense kept shooting itself in the foot in the first half, and we leaned on him pretty heavily. We had at least two big plays called back for holding, two outright drops and another ball that should have been caught by Crabtree on a fairly incredible throw by Kap. Obviously Kap is largely to blame for a couple delay penalties and burning TOs early, but let's not pretend that sort of thing doesn't happen with Alex at QB. That's still one of my biggest pet peeves about our offense, regardless of who is under center. Thanks to the D, we didn't have to run up the score. So we didn't. But we also missed two FGs and were hurt badly by a fairly inexcusable STs fumble. If Kap can continue to play the way he has, there's no question that we stick with him.

As for the Saints playoff game, it was a good game for Smith and a sensational fourth quarter. But as I've argued repeatedly, if the offense had done more early on in that game, we wouldn't have needed the fourth quarter heroics. The saints' first quarter drives looked like this: fumble, three-and-out, interception, fumble. That put us up 17-0. We then failed to get into NO territory for the remainder of the half. In fact, the offense didn't get us into Saints territory again until Gore broke a 42-yard run with 10 minutes to go in the fourth. The passing offense was completely stagnant from two minutes remaining in the first until the drive that began with four minutes remaining in the game. The comeback was sensational; one of those sports memories that will stay with me for the rest of my life. With a more effective QB, we wouldn't have needed it.

I like Smith. I have supported him throughout his career, and argued at some length with Clyde going into 2011 that Smith still had the potential to be a very good QB. I respect Smith as a person, and appreciate his team-first attitude. I think he is a capable starting QB. But he is also limited, and that does not seem likely to change. He has failed to improve on the things that are genuinely limiting this offense: his below average pocket presence, vision, and downfield passing (ability or willingness). Given that we already play to protect him, I'd just as soon give the promising youngster a chance and see if we can elevate the entire team. Smith keeps us competitive, but if Kap comes on, he could make us front-runners. I'd rather take the gamble.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few thoughts on this thread. First, there's no doubt that Kap should remain the starter. As I said before the Saints game, if we're going to play to protect a QB, let's play to protect the guy who can open up the offense.

Kaepernick gives us far more options on offense. He wasn't phenomenal this week, but I thought he was pretty darn good. Very accurate again, decisive, elusive in the pocket. His numbers weren't great, he had a terrible INT, and almost a costly throw in the endzone. But the offense kept shooting itself in the foot in the first half, and we leaned on him pretty heavily. We had at least two big plays called back for holding, two outright drops and another ball that should have been caught by Crabtree on a fairly incredible throw by Kap. Obviously Kap is largely to blame for a couple delay penalties and burning TOs early, but let's not pretend that sort of thing doesn't happen with Alex at QB. That's still one of my biggest pet peeves about our offense, regardless of who is under center. Thanks to the D, we didn't have to run up the score. So we didn't. But we also missed two FGs and were hurt badly by a fairly inexcusable STs fumble. If Kap can continue to play the way he has, there's no question that we stick with him.

As for the Saints playoff game, it was a good game for Smith and a sensational fourth quarter. But as I've argued repeatedly, if the offense had done more early on in that game, we wouldn't have needed the fourth quarter heroics. The saints' first quarter drives looked like this: fumble, three-and-out, interception, fumble. That put us up 17-0. We then failed to get into NO territory for the remainder of the half. In fact, the offense didn't get us into Saints territory again until Gore broke a 42-yard run with 10 minutes to go in the fourth. The passing offense was completely stagnant from two minutes remaining in the first until the drive that began with four minutes remaining in the game. The comeback was sensational; one of those sports memories that will stay with me for the rest of my life. With a more effective QB, we wouldn't have needed it.

I like Smith. I have supported him throughout his career, and argued at some length with Clyde going into 2011 that Smith still had the potential to be a very good QB. I respect Smith as a person, and appreciate his team-first attitude. I think he is a capable starting QB. But he is also limited, and that does not seem likely to change. He has failed to improve on the things that are genuinely limiting this offense: his below average pocket presence, vision, and downfield passing (ability or willingness). Given that we already play to protect him, I'd just as soon give the promising youngster a chance and see if we can elevate the entire team. Smith keeps us competitive, but if Kap comes on, he could make us front-runners. I'd rather take the gamble.

That's because Harbaugh went into his shell like a turtle and went ultra conservative once they had that lead.
One of Harbaugh's shortcomings, in my opinion, is that he will not put the hammer down and go for the throat when he has a team on the ropes. He goes conservative and allows the other team to stay in the game. Without Alex Smith's 4th quarter heroics in that game, Harbaugh would have been the huge goat.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's because Harbaugh went into his shell like a turtle and went ultra conservative once they had that lead.
One of Harbaugh's shortcomings, in my opinion, is that he will not put the hammer down and go for the throat when he has a team on the ropes. He goes conservative and allows the other team to stay in the game. Without Alex Smith's 4th quarter heroics in that game, Harbaugh would have been the huge goat.

the bolden is from the 1st quarter?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Couldn't imagine why an ex-stripper turned **** star would want a piece of a guy who is looking at a big big multi-million dollar contract in a year or two. Wear a condom CK!!!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Bullshit. After they went up 17-0, our drives look like this:

Three-and-out, two passing plays and a run (both to Gore).

Six-play drive for 31 yards (we did get into NO territory here; I misread earlier), the big play was a 20-yard pass to Davis. Four called passes (two to Crabtree) and two runs.

Five-play drive for 15 yards. Three passes (to Williams and Crabtree) and two rushes.

Two plays, no yards (INT). Both pass plays.

Six-play drive for 14 yards. Three pass plays (to Williams and Crabtree).

The next drive came after a Saints fumble deep in their territory. Three-play drive for three yards, two passes (to Williams and Crabtree).

Three-and-out. Two runs and a pass.

Four plays, 16 yards. Three passes (two to Ginn and Williams).

Three-and-out. Two passes (to Crabtree and Williams).

So in the period that we went "ultra conservative," Harbaugh/Roman called 22 pass plays and 13 run plays. Of the pass plays, 13 of the 18 attempts (Smith also took four sacks) went to WRs. Another was a 20-yarder to Davis. Of the remaining four passes, at least two were checkdowns on which the playcall was more aggressive.

That's practically an entire game's worth of pass plays for Smith in a little over two quarters. He was given every opportunity to get out to a huge lead, and he failed to capitalize. Until the end of the game, it was a pretty mediocre performance from Smith. That's just the reality of the situation. He was incredible at the end, as good as he's ever been. But he took his sweet time getting there.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what kap has shown I don't see him as a gamble. He's played smart and he's made huge strides in a short amount of time. No point keeping him on the bench

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. After they went up 17-0, our drives look like this:

Three-and-out, two passing plays and a run (both to Gore).

Six-play drive for 31 yards (we did get into NO territory here; I misread earlier), the big play was a 20-yard pass to Davis. Four called passes (two to Crabtree) and two runs.

Five-play drive for 15 yards. Three passes (to Williams and Crabtree) and two rushes.

Two plays, no yards (INT). Both pass plays.

Six-play drive for 14 yards. Three pass plays (to Williams and Crabtree).

The next drive came after a Saints fumble deep in their territory. Three-play drive for three yards, two passes (to Williams and Crabtree).

Three-and-out. Two runs and a pass.

Four plays, 16 yards. Three passes (two to Ginn and Williams).

Three-and-out. Two passes (to Crabtree and Williams).

So in the period that we went "ultra conservative," Harbaugh/Roman called 22 pass plays and 13 run plays. Of the pass plays, 13 of the 18 attempts (Smith also took four sacks) went to WRs. Another was a 20-yarder to Davis. Of the remaining four passes, at least two were checkdowns on which the playcall was more aggressive.

That's practically an entire game's worth of pass plays for Smith in a little over two quarters. He was given every opportunity to get out to a huge lead, and he failed to capitalize. Until the end of the game, it was a pretty mediocre performance from Smith. That's just the reality of the situation. He was incredible at the end, as good as he's ever been. But he took his sweet time getting there.

How many were dink and dunk stuff and how many went for more than 5 yards? Just because it is a pass play doesn't mean you aren't playing conservative. Smith saved the game for the 49ers in the 4th quarter.......and you know I'm not a Smith guy.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's practically an entire game's worth of pass plays for Smith in a little over two quarters. He was given every opportunity to get out to a huge lead, and he failed to capitalize. Until the end of the game, it was a pretty mediocre performance from Smith. That's just the reality of the situation. He was incredible at the end, as good as he's ever been. But he took his sweet time getting there.[/QUOTE]

I'll take 24 for 42 for 300 yards and three TDs with no INTs any day of the week. If that was mediocre, give me mediocre every time.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How many were dink and dunk stuff and how many went for more than 5 yards? Just because it is a pass play doesn't mean you aren't playing conservative. Smith saved the game for the 49ers in the 4th quarter.......and you know I'm not a Smith guy.

How many were called dink and dunk, and how many did Smith dink and dunk to his second or third read? It's rather curious how many longer passes we've seen the past two weeks. Maybe the conservative offense is Smith's decision-making rather than the playcalling. Just a thought.

I agree Smith was great at the end. He wasn't for most of the game. Frankly, if he hadn't had the fourth quarter that he did, the chatter about that game would have been about how Smith blew it. That's obviously a moot point as he had that great 4th quater, but arguing it was a great game from end-to-end is just ridiculous IMO.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have been one of Smith's biggest supports. WTH you mean you're not a Smith guy?