• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

should we have started Kaep from beginning of season?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense scored 17 points vs a BAD Saints defense. Pedestrian is the right word.

As stated other places, the Saints D was historically bad to start the season but has tightened up a bit over the last few weeks and the Dome is still a tough place to play. If you watched the game you'd see he did a LOT of nice things. Even more impressive for his second start.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The offense scored 17 points vs a BAD Saints defense. Pedestrian is the right word.

Wrong. The Niners won by 10 points. The fact that the Niners ran out the clock rather than passing offensive stats doesn't make the offense's performance "pedestrian."

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I am all for Kaep starting if that what Harbaugh thinks is right but there are LOTS of QB's that have looked great through 2 games and then sucked big time. I just think its odd to bench a guy that went 6-2 in the 8 games he finished in favor of another guy especially if you didnt think that he was the best decision at the start of the year.

Not going with Kaep at the start says something, but Kaep did play better than expected with as little play, did apparently benefit from all that time in other games, more time does help when you're young especially, etc. I can't say Kaep was where he is now back then so I couldn't say it was the wrong choice to go with Smith initially or that Harbaugh wasn't confident with him going into the season.

Despite my daughter being smart so far, I sure as hell wouldn't let my 19 month old drive now, but I am fully confident she'll be able to drive safely when she gets older. For Kaep it might have been 1.5 years to take the wheels so to speak. Or maybe he was already ready? I don't know, but I would not read too much into his decision to not start Kaep from the beginning.

If Alex hadn't gotten injured or Harbaugh went back to Smith, I wouldn't have been the one complaining, others do that enough.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clyde, it's a lost cause. I'm not sure if you remember whn you and I were both getting ripped at the same time by the same posters because we were calling for Smith to not be re signed? We were both calling for the cheaper, more talented, less experienced Kaep. They were OVERJUICED on Smith's "legendary" season. I doubt they'll ever get it.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna start a new thread for this.....but never noticed before:

i

Doesn't Kaepernick look like some kind of alternate-dimension Obama here?

Touche Space, Touche.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So if this performance was pedestrian, and it was a an "Alex Smith-like" performance, does that mean Alex Smith = pedestrian?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. The Niners won by 10 points. The fact that the Niners ran out the clock rather than passing offensive stats doesn't make the offense's performance "pedestrian."

You also should explain to them Sick, that the offense would've most likely put up more points and stats if Whitner or Brooks woud've been tackled, FOR WHATEVER ITS WORTH.

Why is Kaep being blamed for the defense taking two picks to the house? THIS IS BAFFLING!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long are you clowns going to hold this franchise hostage because of two drives?

Two drives? You are not really that dumb are you? Watch the game again. he started out hot, led them to score after score and then played a huge part in the 4th quarter to seal the victory.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. 17 points by the offense equates to a pedestrian performance by that group.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is just wrong. The defense scored twice so we will never know what the offense would have done had with those possessions. They might have scored 31 points on offense. Aside from that, the 49ers were in control of that entire game. I don't care how close the score was, at no point were the Saints dictating that game. If not for penalties that would have been a win by 17 (ish) They didn't have to keep scoring as they were just controlling the game. That is what they do. They aren't a team trying to go out there scoring 40 a game. They don't need that. The Falcons, Packers, Saints need to score more points, the 49ers do not.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if this performance was pedestrian, and it was a an "Alex Smith-like" performance, does that mean Alex Smith = pedestrian?

For sure, 100%, but pedestrian is fine for you guys and can win you a Super Bowl. If the Niners needed a potentially dominating QB to win the SB then Id be all for going all in with CK, they dont though so the risk seems strange since you dont really know what you are going to get from such a young player.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the most part, yes.

I was waiting for someone to point that out. It's true mostly, but I wasn't going to pile on Smith. I choose just to defend Kaep.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two drives? You are not really that dumb are you? Watch the game again. he started out hot, led them to score after score and then played a huge part in the 4th quarter to seal the victory.

Our only two TDs in the first half came after a huge YAC by Vernon Davis and then after a Dashon Goldson INT where we started on NO's 5-yard line.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure, 100%, but pedestrian is fine for you guys and can win you a Super Bowl. If the Niners needed a potentially dominating QB to win the SB then Id be all for going all in with CK, they dont though so the risk seems strange since you dont really know what you are going to get from such a young player.

If the coaching staff doesn't feel he's ready, they won't ask him to do much. This whole you don't know what you get from Kap is a little overplayed, IMO.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our only two TDs in the first half came after a huge YAC by Vernon Davis and then after a Dashon Goldson INT where we started on NO's 5-yard line.

That was a great throw to Davis and 300 pass yards, three TD throws and nary a turnover says it all. He played a very good game. I still think Smith is one of the chinks in the armor of the 49ers and I'm all for seeing what Kaepernick can do but to just say that Smith's performance has been bad is simply not true.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the coaching staff doesn't feel he's ready, they won't ask him to do much. This whole you don't know what you get from Kap is a little overplayed, IMO.

I think it was a legit thought before the season, but at this point I agree. He has come in off the bench when the team was behind, beat one of the best teams/ defenses soundly, and played on the road in one of the toughest places to play and got a win.

All the talk about the Bears defense being vanilla is a load. They are a defense who prides themselves on being the best. You think they are just going to vanilla the defense because of a backup? Maybe it wasn't the best game plan, but the 49ers beat them. And enough of the Saints bad defense and all that. The undefeated Falcons lost to them in NO and most teams do...especially on their roll they had going. We still don't know his full potential, but it is safe to say that we are going to get at least Alex Smith level performances from him.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a great throw to Davis and 300 pass yards, three TD throws and nary a turnover says it all. He played a very good game. I still think Smith is one of the chinks in the armor of the 49ers and I'm all for seeing what Kaepernick can do but to just say that Smith's performance has been bad is simply not true.

He had a good game. Best game of his career, no doubt. Tremendous two final drives. But Alex Smith didn't LEAD the 49ers to the NFCCG last year. 90% of the time he was just along for the ride.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a good game. Best game of his career, no doubt. Tremendous two final drives. But Alex Smith didn't LEAD the 49ers to the NFCCG last year. 90% of the time he was just along for the ride.

90%? I'd say he did what he was asked to do 90% of the time. That is the definition of success.