• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

should we have started Kaep from beginning of season?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
THE WHOLE POINT IS KAEPERNICK IS PLAYING AT A SIMILAR IF NOT BETTER LEVEL THAN SMITH, BUT WITH HIM, HE HAS TONS OF ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT

/Thread
CAPSLOCK [ON]/OFF
BAN ME

I didn't even like the Kaepernick selection!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually his ability to push the ball down the field is going to make a difference.

I felt both the Bears and Saints were counting on seeing the run and daring CK to beat them. For the most part he's risen to the challenge and teams are going to have to account more for his passing prowess which is going to open up the run game big time.

I think that's the biggest reason Harbaugh wants CK in there because the ability to attack every inch of the field on the ground and air is a deadly combo for any defense to contend with.

he seems to make the offense more dynamic and he is 2, oh and 1 and that's hard to argue with. But for Akers' inepptitude he'd be 3 and oh.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would really be cool for a send off is if Kaepernick got knocked out of the NFC Championship game (not injured, just knocked out of that game) and Smith came in and led the team to victory and to the Super Bowl.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually his ability to push the ball down the field is going to make a difference.

I felt both the Bears and Saints were counting on seeing the run and daring CK to beat them. For the most part he's risen to the challenge and teams are going to have to account more for his passing prowess which is going to open up the run game big time.

I think that's the biggest reason Harbaugh wants CK in there because the ability to attack every inch of the field on the ground and air is a deadly combo for any defense to contend with.

I hate the wild-kap...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would really be cool for a send off is if Kaepernick got knocked out of the NFC Championship game (not injured, just knocked out of that game) and Smith came in and led the team to victory and to the Super Bowl.

Bledsoe to the rescue?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait...just how many people are still holding out for Alex Smith to start?

By the sound of it it seems like a lot of people, calling Kaep's performance "Alex Smith-like".

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
By the sound of it it seems like a lot of people, calling Kaep's performance "Alex Smith-like".

haaa.

my impression from reading these posst is..............no one is still asking for Alex Smith to start. you're correct in that one or more are still pre-cautionary on Kaep, but not saying he should go back to the bench.

find it hard to believe anyone still wants Alex Smith to start the next game? this isn't annointing Kaep "the man", nor downgrading Alex, but looking at the current situation, Harbaugh can't go back.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haaa.

my impression from reading these posst is..............no one is still asking for Alex Smith to start. you're correct in that one or more are still pre-cautionary on Kaep, but not saying he should go back to the bench.

find it hard to believe anyone still wants Alex Smith to start the next game? this isn't annointing Kaep "the man", nor downgrading Alex, but looking at the current situation, Harbaugh can't go back.

As for the next game, either QB would likely win, but starting Kaep would give him more experience and get the offense to move in continuity. I think Harbaugh sees that it should be Kaep, but if he really thought it was a tossup, I'd go with Alex. But again, I don't think he sees it as a tossup - I think he sees a player who plays like he is playing with house money and is doing really well (and is expected to only get better). Alex plays like he is playing with his own money and was doing really well for himself (and is expected to stay steadily the same with minor improvement if at all).

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The one game to use as an example was this year's Giants game. Giants got an early lead, and crowded near the line of scrimmage to focus on the run and Alex Smith's short passing game.

Giants played *really* well against the Pack last night. We are going to run into a hot team like that in the playoffs.

I'd like to think Kaep gives us an advantage over Alex Smith in those types of games where they are tempting you to beat them deep and taking everything else away.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know... I know Alex LED the Niners comeback against the Aints in the playoffs last year.... I still think Kaep should be starting now but lets get back into reality. In the clutch against the Aints after having a so so game Alex straight up balled and got the Niners the playoff win. So while Alex may not be the huge leader he did show times when he manned up and got it done. While we all may go googoo over the shiney new Qb give Alex his due he did due his part this last year and a half. And that being Said I hope Kaep is the starter going forward.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not gonna start a new thread for this.....but never noticed before:

i

Doesn't Kaepernick look like some kind of alternate-dimension Obama here?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pedestrian my ass. He basically froze the Saints offense with a 9+ minute drive going into the 4th quarter, 4th longest of the season for any team. His ability to convert on 3rd and longs is superior and we more or less shut it down offensively in the 4th quarter with regards to throwing the ball. He didn't get sacked once, IIRC. He had two bad throws, one that was picked. Other then that, the kid played a pretty good game. His big play ability over the past two games is a clear indicator for me that we are in for a treat once this kid gets fully acclimated to the NFL and its many complex defenses.

The offense scored 17 points vs a BAD Saints defense. Pedestrian is the right word.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense scored 17 points vs a BAD Saints defense. Pedestrian is the right word.

Should have been 23 if the fgs were made and could have been more if they needed to score. Conservative milking the clock - case in point - the 9 minute drive.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps it would have been better, because while I think we lose either the Packers or Lions game if Kaep was getting his first starts, I think we'd have beaten the Vikings. But I don't know, he looked ready against the Bears and Saints, so he could have beaten the Packers and Saints, perhaps. Going conservative here to say same record (except for the tie) and more experience by now.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I am shocked Harbaugh went with Smith at the start of the year if he thinks this much of Kaep. I dont really see it yet. He looked great vs the Bears but very pedestrian yesterday vs New Orleans. I think you are taking a pretty big risk by changing your starter this late. You risk losing the vets IMO. Of course if the D plays like they did yesterday then I could probably play QB and the Niners would be fine. LOL.

Honestly, I am shocked at your wife's Gozangas everytime I see your Avy.:squeeze: :pound:
But on topic to the thread...Kaep wasn't ready yet. Wilson and Flynn had open competition and Wilson clearly outplayed him. Both were rookies in the system and Flynn had what, one career start? Alex had a lot more experience both in the league and running Harbaugh's offense. Kaep has closed the gap (nice rhyme there.:D )

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I am all for Kaep starting if that what Harbaugh thinks is right but there are LOTS of QB's that have looked great through 2 games and then sucked big time. I just think its odd to bench a guy that went 6-2 in the 8 games he finished in favor of another guy especially if you didnt think that he was the best decision at the start of the year.