• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should The Rams Have Taken The Browns 1st?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over Foles? Not unless he gets hurt.

I think he might push Foles in camp which is a good thing. But would have to shine above him to get the starting position.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Davis is better than Keenum and he's younger ( 25 vs 27 ).

both have played 10 Games. Keenum comp% is 55.2- Davis is 63.4

Davis has less fumbles and a better QB rating ( 85.1 to 76.8 ). both have similar stats otherwise.

I don't know why so many are quick to write off Davis after 8 starts, yet want Keenum to get PT when he is older and has worse stats.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pic of Jim Everette is killing me :Cry:
That picture reminds me of how bitter I was when we never got to see Everett & Dickerson in the same back field!!!

We all knew with those two, Ellard, Flipper & that Defense!

GF robbed us all on that one...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but we're use to that :D I hope Case Keenum gets a shot this year. I think he might surprise us.
I heard this a lot last year.

That said, even though it's his second year, it's still a new OC for Case too.

So he doesn't have a huge advantage in that regard.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but we're use to that :D I hope Case Keenum gets a shot this year. I think he might surprise us.

According to you, all Davis is , is a back up and he stinks, but Case Keenum might surprise us? He's 2-8 as a starter on a team that had Hopkins and Andre Johnson as his WR's to go along with Foster at RB, he's completed about 55% of his passes and he's 6'1", that's not very big for a NFL QB!
If he does some how get a chance to play for us I hope he does well, but I'm not thinking he "will surprise " us!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just kills you how highly NFL teams value him. You know... people who know talent.:nod: You must concede Smed! :nono:

They probably did offer McCown. It's not like they can let that leak out.

Your right Coug! They probably did offer him, that's why we didn't hear about it. And again Cleveland is the only one that I've heard was desperate, they've wanted him ever since Shurmur went there, now Shurmur is in Philly, do you see a pattern there, Shurmur is the only one that has drank the koolaid, oh and you!

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. you can still get a good impact starter at 19. We have plenty of holes to fill. Remember we added a guy like Donald last year with our other first rd pick. And then have the option to get a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rd to learn behing McCown for a year. Adding two starters with first rd talent is never a bad thing.

...but you still wouldn't have a valid option to start at QB. McCown shouldn't be starting in the NFL.

And this is why I think they didn't take it; the fact that McCown was thrown in there. Even though we may still draft a QB in the later rounds, they wanted to bring in someone that has proven they can get the job done (finally).

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh:
Your right Coug! They probably did offer him, that's why we didn't hear about it. And again Cleveland is the only one that I've heard was desperate, they've wanted him ever since Shurmur went there, now Shurmur is in Philly, do you see a pattern there, Shurmur is the only one that has drank the koolaid, oh and you!

Seriously man. If they offered McCown and the Rams rejected the trade they wouldnt want to make that public knowledge. I don't think McCown would be to happy with that info. Yeah that makes sense... Surmur must be calling all the shots not Chip. :doh: And again you haven't heard about other teams wanting Bradford because he wasn't on the trading block until now. You haven't heard Fisher and snead say 1000 times Sam is our guy?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously man. If they offered McCown and the Rams rejected the trade they wouldnt want to make that public knowledge. I don't think McCown would be to happy with that info. Yeah that makes sense... Surmur must be calling all the shots not Chip. :doh: And again you haven't heard about other teams wanting Bradford because he wasn't on the trading block until now. You haven't heard Fisher and snead say 1000 times Sam is our guy?

Seriously? They couldn't publicly say Sam was on the block, as it would undermine him if they didn't get a trade done. He was clearly available.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to you, all Davis is , is a back up and he stinks, but Case Keenum might surprise us? He's 2-8 as a starter on a team that had Hopkins and Andre Johnson as his WR's to go along with Foster at RB, he's completed about 55% of his passes and he's 6'1", that's not very big for a NFL QB!
If he does some how get a chance to play for us I hope he does well, but I'm not thinking he "will surprise " us!

Foles took away his Sammy, so now he has a grudge against him.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My bad i was thinking of TJ Yates lol. yeah he Blows but probably beats out Davis.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snead has already addressed how this Sammie availability got started in a recent presser. It is on the Rams homepage. Basically, during the combines, Snead was approached by a couple of original inquiries about Sammie's availability. It wasn't a lot of teams as Cougar would have you believe. One of those initial inquires was from Philadelphia. Cleveland came in after the trade.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You just said it yourself, Fisher and Snead said a 1000 times Sam is our guy! Evidently they lied, cuz it ain't our man!