• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the "GOAT" Belichick be on the hot seat?

Should Belichick be on the hot seat?

• No. he is the GOAT

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised he didn't walk up to the podium, say he's no longer the HC in NE then just walk away.

Pretty sure when he gets in the HOF his speech will only be two words- thank you.
"On to Cincinnati"

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's looking like Bill will be in front of a camera instead of coaching this year.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's looking like Bill will be in front of a camera instead of coaching this year.
If he does, he will be awful at that job, imo. The best seat for BB should be the rocking chair on his front porch telling kids to get off his lawn.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It completely makes sense though. There is zero chance I would hand him the keys to my franchise right now if I were an NFL owner.

The problem with him is that he is going to think he deserves a say in personnel. But if you look at the last 4 years in New England, he has done as bad if not the worst job in the entire NFL of building up the offensive side of the ball. It is literally a team that in 2-3 years will not have a single holdover from the team they started in 2023 other than maybe a single OL or two. It is not often that a coach/GM leaves where a team is in such bad shape that they literally have to rebuild all 11 spots on a single unit.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill might fare better in a radio gig, ala SiriusXM, or a podcast where he doesn't have to show his mug. He'd give Buster Keaton a run for his stone face money.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It completely makes sense though. There is zero chance I would hand him the keys to my franchise right now if I were an NFL owner.

The problem with him is that he is going to think he deserves a say in personnel. But if you look at the last 4 years in New England, he has done as bad if not the worst job in the entire NFL of building up the offensive side of the ball. It is literally a team that in 2-3 years will not have a single holdover from the team they started in 2023 other than maybe a single OL or two. It is not often that a coach/GM leaves where a team is in such bad shape that they literally have to rebuild all 11 spots on a single unit.
Its kinda of a double whammy with Belichick. Not only did he have a dynasty eventually fall apart but then his rebuild was awful. I think Josh McDaniels hid Belichick's weaknesses and Belichick hid McDaniels' weaknesses. Combined I think they can run a team but you don't get the GOAT without Brady.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that's why Atlanta changed their mind and others have passed him over.

His rebuild of the Pat's post Brady has been a disaster and it's not a surprise If a team doesn't want that from Bellichick. They want the coach not the GM.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's why Atlanta changed their mind and others have passed him over.

His rebuild of the Pat's post Brady has been a disaster and it's not a surprise If a team doesn't want that from Bellichick. They want the coach not the GM.

And even from a coaching standpoint, NFL teams want offensive minded coaches not defensive minded head coaches.

Out of the 14 playoff teams, only 4 had defensive head coaches: Tomin, McDermott, Bowles, Ryans. (quick glance...maybe forgetting one).

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even from a coaching standpoint, NFL teams want offensive minded coaches not defensive minded head coaches.

Out of the 14 playoff teams, only 4 had defensive head coaches: Tomin, McDermott, Bowles, Ryans. (quick glance...maybe forgetting one).

Harbaugh was special teams coordinator and then DB coach with Eagles before getting head coach at Ravens. Would not consider him offense background.

But I think your point still stands.. most want offensive mind.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If BB doesn't coach this next year, I'm not sure we'll see him again as an NFL HC. If he doesn't get a job in the 2024 season, he'll be 73 going into the 2025 season. I think this might be the end of his run, unless he can find another HC job in the next month or so.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If BB doesn't coach this next year, I'm not sure we'll see him again as an NFL HC. If he doesn't get a job in the 2024 season, he'll be 73 going into the 2025 season. I think this might be the end of his run, unless he can find another HC job in the next month or so.
i have no problem with bill being done.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does, he will be awful at that job, imo. The best seat for BB should be the rocking chair on his front porch telling kids to get off his lawn.
To add to this. As he's sitting there yelling at kids he tells one kid,"PUT THAT BALL CAP ON THE RIGHT WAY, YA LITTLE PUNK!" and then realizes it's Pete Carroll, lol.