• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Belichick and Carroll should have left gracefully, on their own

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting kicked to the curb is not a good look. But at least Belichick will ultimately be in the HOF. I don't know about Carroll. He's more of a long shot. Belichick is a slam dunk.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting kicked to the curb is not a good look. But at least Belichick will ultimately be in the HOF. I don't know about Carroll. He's more of a long shot. Belichick is a slam dunk.
Agreed about Belichick, he's a no-brainer. But I also think Carroll has a decent chance. I always have a hard time predicting HOF players (except the obvious ones), let alone predicting coaches. Still, I think Carroll has a better than average shot.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Leaving gracefully" probably would have cost them a bundle due to contractual verbiage? That would be my guess anyway.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Leaving gracefully" probably would have cost them a bundle due to contractual verbiage? That would be my guess anyway.
I'm not sure what happened with Carrol but Bill seemed to leave pretty gracefully. They did a joint news conference, didn't bad mouth each other and it doesn't look like New England was looking for compensation if he went elsewhere.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Carroll really wanted to return, but he had to see it coming. Seattle spent a ton of resources on defense (Adams - contract + 2 1sts and a 3rd, Diggs - contract, Wagner - contract, Witherspoon - top 5 pick, Williams - 2nd round, Jones - contract, Nwosu - contract, Mafe - EARLY 2nd round pick, Hall - EARLY 2nd round pick, Brooks - 1st round pick) and was running one of the more expensive secondaries in the league (cash or cap)....

It all resulted in one of the worst defenses in the league while allowing the 3rd worst 3rd down %... WITH a defensive minded coach. If this was a bunch of nobodies then I can maybe see it... but man.

Then you had guys like Woolen/Diggs who completely regressed, Adams was just a flat out hazard to have on the field or in the locker room... I mean bleh. And most of these guys were healthy. Yah they lost Nwosu, Adams from time to time, and Brooks was off and on, but the whole thing shouldn't collapse with 2-3 players missing games. They were getting abused when everyone was healthy. And the BEST player on your team turns out to be a guy nearing the end of his career (Wagner) and a rookie playing mostly nickel (granted a top 5 pick)?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Carroll really wanted to return, but he had to see it coming. Seattle spent a ton of resources on defense (Adams - contract + 2 1sts and a 3rd, Diggs - contract, Wagner - contract, Witherspoon - top 5 pick, Williams - 2nd round, Jones - contract, Nwosu - contract, Mafe - EARLY 2nd round pick, Hall - EARLY 2nd round pick, Brooks - 1st round pick) and was running one of the more expensive secondaries in the league (cash or cap)....

It all resulted in one of the worst defenses in the league while allowing the 3rd worst 3rd down %... WITH a defensive minded coach. If this was a bunch of nobodies then I can maybe see it... but man.

Then you had guys like Woolen/Diggs who completely regressed, Adams was just a flat out hazard to have on the field or in the locker room... I mean bleh. And most of these guys were healthy. Yah they lost Nwosu, Adams from time to time, and Brooks was off and on, but the whole thing shouldn't collapse with 2-3 players missing games. They were getting abused when everyone was healthy. And the BEST player on your team turns out to be a guy nearing the end of his career (Wagner) and a rookie playing mostly nickel (granted a top 5 pick)?
When ya put it like that, I say he did a whale of a job and should have gotten a 10 year extension

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what happened with Carrol but Bill seemed to leave pretty gracefully. They did a joint news conference, didn't bad mouth each other and it doesn't look like New England was looking for compensation if he went elsewhere.
I suppose so, but if him leaving the org wasn't his idea first, then it wasn't his choice. The org implied that it was a mutually arrived decision, but they owed him that much after what he accomplished there. The fact that he tried to land in Atlanta tells me that he didn't want to retire, so he probably didn't want to leave NE either. Atlanta's future isn't really much brighter than NE's so why not just stay where you are at. And he lives in Connecticut. Why coach in Atlanta?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep both sides were classy, seemed like everyone was ready for him to move on including BB

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose so, but if him leaving the org wasn't his idea first, then it wasn't his choice. The org implied that it was a mutually arrived decision, but they owed him that much after what he accomplished there. The fact that he tried to land in Atlanta tells me that he didn't want to retire, so he probably didn't want to leave NE either. Atlanta's future isn't really much brighter than NE's so why not just stay where you are at. And he lives in Connecticut. Why coach in Atlanta?
He lives in CT because he has worked there the last 25 years. Holy shit dude.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lives in CT because he has worked there the last 25 years. Holy shit dude.
Hi Wendy. Such a loyal groupie. It's like...you have me on speed dial.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's all ya got, that's all ya got I guess

gettyimages-1017909208.jpg

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without looking it up obviously Mike Tomlin is now the longest tenured coach with his team. I wonder who's 2nd and 3rd? Reid maybe? Then McCarthy?