• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Should the Eagles Fire Nick Sirianni?

Should Philly Fire Sirianni?

• Total voters

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how he is "infinitely more deserving than Pederson" to be fired. He hasn't even had a losing season in Philly (34-17 record to be exact), and has been a playoff team every year he has coached there, along with a SB appearance less than 12 months ago. :noidea:

I don't think they lose to TB, and it would be a BAD loss if they did, but I would be SHOCKED if he was fired at the end of the season...even if they were blown out by TB.
I think Tampa wins a close one.

They have a good defense and Philly is out of sorts right now.

They need a new OC.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Nick was responsible for the hiring of Desai and Brian Johnson? They’re the biggest issues here.
This is one of the big questions imo, as well as the question of who made the decision to elevate Patricia to defensive coordinator mid season after some tough losses. If that was all forced on Sirianni by the front office I might be more sympathetic to keeping him. If that was his doing, he needs to go. The Patricia move imo ended the season and caused morale to fall off a cliff.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tampa wins a close one.

They have a good defense and Philly is out of sorts right now.

They need a new OC.

It is a different Philly team now than at the beginning of the season, but they did already beat TB this season, and it wasn't really all that close of a game.

I wouldn't be shocked at either team winning, but I think Philly may just get it together enough to beat TB in Florida.

Does anyone know the Vegas line on this game?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how he is "infinitely more deserving than Pederson" to be fired. He hasn't even had a losing season in Philly (34-17 record to be exact), and has been a playoff team every year he has coached there, along with a SB appearance less than 12 months ago. :noidea:

I don't think they lose to TB, and it would be a BAD loss if they did, but I would be SHOCKED if he was fired at the end of the season...even if they were blown out by TB.

I don't think Siriani should be fired. That would be a gross overreaction. They do need to make a change on the defensive side of the ball. Not sure about the offensive side as I think the Eagles offense was playing at an unsustainably high level last year.

I would be surprised if the Eagles beat the Bucs, to be honest. The Eagles haven't played well in nearly 2 months. AJ Brown or may not play.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You apparently have not watched their gutless performances over the past month. They have quit on their coach.

Pederson was infinitely harder to fire because he led the team to its first Super Bowl ever and back to the playoffs the following year where they made a decent run (with Foles) once again. The issue there was complicated by Wentz and the question of whether he was the franchise QB.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a different Philly team now than at the beginning of the season, but they did already beat TB this season, and it wasn't really all that close of a game.

I wouldn't be shocked at either team winning, but I think Philly may just get it together enough to beat TB in Florida.

Does anyone know the Vegas line on this game?
Eagles by 1.5 as of last night

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the big questions imo, as well as the question of who made the decision to elevate Patricia to defensive coordinator mid season after some tough losses. If that was all forced on Sirianni by the front office I might be more sympathetic to keeping him. If that was his doing, he needs to go. The Patricia move imo ended the season and caused morale to fall off a cliff.
Experience tells us that Howie Roseman and Jeff Lurie made those decisions, not Nick. I would be shocked if that was something Nick was even allowed to do. Lurie micromanages. It’s whatever. That approach gets them to two Super Bowls recently winning one. That’s not on Nick.

The only way I want Siriani fired is if the lesson Lurie and Roseman learns is you hire a head coach who isn’t a Yes Man. You hire a guy with a proven system and then you let that man hire his people to do what he wants done.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Siriani should be fired. That would be a gross overreaction. They do need to make a change on the defensive side of the ball. Not sure about the offensive side as I think the Eagles offense was playing at an unsustainably high level last year.

I would be surprised if the Eagles beat the Bucs, to be honest. The Eagles haven't played well in nearly 2 months. AJ Brown or may not play.

I guess I don't view Tampa as being that great of a team. They've had a great 5-6 game run, but who did they beat during that time? GB is their best win, and the rest of those wins came against teams that were in a free fall (Carolina, Jags, Atl).

But I agree, that Philly has been BAD for more than a month now. It's still amazing to me that they are 11-6, and that is why I think they win this weekend. That's as far as they get though, in my prediction.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don't view Tampa as being that great of a team. They've had a great 5-6 game run, but who did they beat during that time? GB is their best win, and the rest of those wins came against teams that were in a free fall (Carolina, Jags, Atl).

But I agree, that Philly has been BAD for more than a month now. It's still amazing to me that they are 11-6, and that is why I think they win this weekend. That's as far as they get though, in my prediction.

It's not so much that I think that TB is all that great. They aren't. But the Eagles have been straight up bad for nearly 2 months.

Trounced by the Niners and Cowboys. Lost to the Seahawks. Then barely beat the Giants at home, lose to the feckless Cards and soundly beaten by a Giants team with nothing to play for but pride.

They are now going to go on the road, without their best offensive weapon(or at best a limited version of Brown). Their defense is completely out of sorts.

IMO, the only way they win this game is if Mayfield completely sharts the bed which can certainly happen

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You apparently have not watched their gutless performances over the past month. They have quit on their coach.

Pederson was infinitely harder to fire because he led the team to its first Super Bowl ever and back to the playoffs the following year where they made a decent run (with Foles) once again. The issue there was complicated by Wentz and the question of whether he was the franchise QB.

Stop it! Pederson was much easier to fire...he was in his 3 straight season as a non playoff team and they had only won 4 games that season. I'm not saying it was an easy thing to fire him, but it's not even comparable to your current coach.

You're thinking as an upset fan and not logically. The team is 11-6 and a year removed from the SB. Your coach is YOUNG and already has 34 wins in just 3 season along with several playoff wins. You're expecting perfection, when in the NFL, perfection is often masked in winning double digit games each year, along with some playoff wins.

Your coach isn't going anywhere unless he quits.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it! Pederson was much easier to fire...he was in his 3 straight season as a non playoff team and they had only won 4 games that season. I'm not saying it was an easy thing to fire him, but it's not even comparable to your current coach.

You're thinking as an upset fan and not logically. The team is 11-6 and a year removed from the SB. Your coach is YOUNG and already has 34 wins in just 3 season along with several playoff wins. You're expecting perfection, when in the NFL, perfection is often masked in winning double digit games each year, along with some playoff wins.

Let’s bump this in a week!

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not so much that I think that TB is all that great. They aren't. But the Eagles have been straight up bad for nearly 2 months.

Trounced by the Niners and Cowboys. Lost to the Seahawks. Then barely beat the Giants at home, lose to the feckless Cards and soundly beaten by a Giants team with nothing to play for but pride.

They are now going to go on the road, without their best offensive weapon(or at best a limited version of Brown). Their defense is completely out of sorts.

IMO, the only way they win this game is if Mayfield completely sharts the bed which can certainly happen
You can buy into TB, but it appears that Vegas doesn't even agree and TB is playing a home game.

Like I said, I wouldn't be shocked by a TB win, but I think Philly is much more talented then them and will likely pull it together. I don't see them winning the game after that though.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The eagles made the playoffs both seasons after the Super Bowl.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m picking the Bucs because none of this matters. They’re not even a good high school team on defense right now. When you have losses to the Cardinals and Giants in back to back weeks it really isn’t about the opponent. It’s the state of the Eagles right now. They can’t beat anybody right now.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s bump this in a week!

Feel free, but if they fire him, I can't imagine it will be done that quickly. I think firing a coach with a 34-18 record immediately after your season ends would be even worse for your future head coach prospects.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don’t know that the spread reflects the injuries yet. Hurts and Brown were injured against the Giants, Brown significantly

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pederson went to the playoffs year 1 and year 2 after the Super Bowl and missed in year 3.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don,t reckon having a bad year after going to the sb the previous year brings on firing

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free, but if they fire him, I can't imagine it will be done that quickly. I think firing a coach with a 34-18 record immediately after your season ends would be even worse for your future head coach prospects.
He’ll be fired within a day or two of the bucs loss