• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Badgers FIRE Bo Ryan?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you could/would read the OP you would understand it was a Question big guy. I never once said fire him. I was looking for the answers of various perspectives other than Badger fans.

Do you wear women's underwear? It's just a question, big guy.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's had excellent success in the Big-10 at around .710 winning % in the Big Ten with multiple titles, coach of the year, etc. However if he loses to the Ducks this year it will mark the 6th time he's lost to a lower seed in the tournament. He's never beaten a higher ranked and really only had one decent outing in the tournament when he reached the elite 8. I'm tired of both our football and basketball program having all this divisional success but nothing to show for it at the end of the year. It's like the season was a complete waste of time as I almost expect to be upset every year now.

Ok, let's walk through the stupidity of this post. You are wondering if we should fire Bo Ryan, the runaway greatest basketball coach Wisconsin has ever had. We have been to the Sweet 16 3 of the past 4 years, and 6 of the past 12. We had a grand total of ONE Sweet 16 in our history before Bo was here. We have been in the top 4 of arguably the toughest basketball conference in the country every single year he has been here. He has turned Wisconsin from a basketball laughing stock, who had made 6 NCAA tournaments ALL TIME before Bo, into basically a yearly lock. But let's say we make the incredibly reactionary decision to fire him. Who in the hell would we ever get that's going to be better?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, let's walk through the stupidity of this post. You are wondering if we should fire Bo Ryan, the runaway greatest basketball coach Wisconsin has ever had. We have been to the Sweet 16 3 of the past 4 years, and 6 of the past 12. We had a grand total of ONE Sweet 16 in our history before Bo was here. We have been in the top 4 of arguably the toughest basketball conference in the country every single year he has been here. He has turned Wisconsin from a basketball laughing stock, who had made 6 NCAA tournaments ALL TIME before Bo, into basically a yearly lock. But let's say we make the incredibly reactionary decision to fire him. Who in the hell would we ever get that's going to be better?

1.) The Badgers were not a laughing stock with Dick Bennet as the coach.
2.) I know the history of the Badgers basketball team
3.) No, I was not wondering if we should fire Bo Ryan, please reread my OP. I was asking for a consensus on the boards of their thoughts toward Ryan's status if he loses to another lower ranked opponent in the tournament.
4.) I do believe UW will allow him to retire when he desires and when his time comes (3-4 years most) I sincerely hope Tony Bennet will be the replacement as he will always have a spot in his heart for UW.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3.) No, I was not wondering if we should fire Bo Ryan, please reread my OP. I was asking for a consensus on the boards of their thoughts toward Ryan's status if he loses to another lower ranked opponent in the tournament.
4.) I do believe UW will allow him to retire when he desires and when his time comes (3-4 years most) I sincerely hope Tony Bennet will be the replacement as he will always have a spot in his heart for UW.

In bold...now that would be a great acquisition.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Notre Dame football fan and a Marquette basketball fan but casually root for Wisconsin in both sports too. I have to agree with most posters that it's beyond ridiculous to want to fire or even insinuate firing Bo Ryan. I wasn't a big Brett Bielema fan either and like the new coach better but Bo Ryan is a solid coach and the idea is preposterous. I went to the University and can remember how bad they were years ago at football and basketball to for that matter. Quit being so fricking critical or you'll get what you ask for. Wisconsin year in and year out has had a excellent athletic department and to complain is silly.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason to fire a guy is because you believe you can get somebody "better." The word "better" covers a lot of ground in this statement. You could want somebody who is a more talented coach, somebody who is a more convincing recruiter, somebody who will sell more tickets, somebody who is cheaper, somebody who isn't causing scandals, etc.

There aren't many coaches out there "better" than Bo Ryan at the coaching/recruiting aspect, and I don't see Wisconsin cutting him to try and get a bigger name (he's bigger than a lot of names anyway), and Wisconsin doesn't have a problem selling tickets or with scandals.

So basically, no, I don't think we should fire Bo Ryan, and I think asking the question is very shortsighted. Yeah, I'm not a fan of being upset in the tourney, but really, what's the difference between having Bo Ryan and not? Answer: With Bo Ryan, you might make the Sweet 16. Without him, you might make the Sweet 16... of the NIT.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bullshit. The title of this thread is "Should the Badgers FIRE Bo Ryan?" You're either trying to stir up shit, or you really don't understand the job Bo has done with this program. Either way, a thread as silly as this is going to get this reaction 100 times out of 100.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is really looking like a Einstein. Please refrain from calling yourself a Badger fan. I am a Marquette fan who casually roots for Wisconsin football and basketball and am embarrassed to read such utter nonsense. Man up and admit you are like Sargent Shultz and know nothing. Turn in your fan card, you've lost all of your rights.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think GreatDayne is really BerkshireBull from the Disney boards.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should definitely fire him, he is just turrible! :laugh3:

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should definitely fire him, he is just turrible! :laugh3:

Stop it Charles. I don't believe anyone on here actually believed he should be fired. But I recall many discrediting him due to past tournament performances based on his seeding.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. The title of this thread is "Should the Badgers FIRE Bo Ryan?" You're either trying to stir up shit, or you really don't understand the job Bo has done with this program. Either way, a thread as silly as this is going to get this reaction 100 times out of 100.

Nope just wanted to see the opinions of others outside of Wisconsin fans. People on here are incredibly sensitive.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is failing on it's own lack of merit.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Berk is still a moron, and doesn't believe what he posts. He's just looking for responses, so I'm giving him what he wants...

SAD Berk...or better yet, tell everyone on here how large of a condiment bottle you're up to for anal insertion...haha

Jim Rome is Flaming

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope just wanted to see the opinions of others outside of Wisconsin fans. People on here are incredibly sensitive.

I might have bitten on that, except every post you ever make about the Badgers is in a negative light. You're a troll, fake Wisconsin fan.