• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should I Divorce The Chargers Now Or Wait 'Til They Leave...

Should I Punt The Chargers Now Or Wait Until I See The Taillights?

• Yep. The suck worse than ever and Spanos is an asshole.

• Nope. Maybe Divine Intervention will change them. Wait and see.

• Could be worse. Could be Cleveland.

• Salmon with steamed vegetables. Sapporo beer.

• Other.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I can't complain. When we get knocked out of the playoffs, I can go down to Mission Beach in December with family and friends and have a picnic to celebrate another wasted year.

You're a Clippers as well eh. My condolences.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a Clippers as well eh. My condolences.
Thank you...but since I have been a lifelong fan of sports teams that have dwelled in the cellar of their respective sports for decades, I have learned to lose with humility and grace, and I have developed a wicked self-deprecating sense of humor.

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources: Chargers likely to exercise L.A. option

Hey Dean! You are a loser!

TombstoneWhy1.gif

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was inevitable, and it falls at the feet of the Spanos family. They have absolutely refused to field a competitive team with their bonehead hiring choices (Norv Turner) and personnel decisions (keeping AJ Smith as GM and letting Eric Weddle leave). Though I can't prove it, I firmly believe the Spanos did this purposely so they could find an out of San Diego and head north to greener pastures. But San Diego is a cursed town in relation to sports teams. We have never had a major league team in any sport that had an ownership that did not eventually screw the city. Just look at Kroc, C.A. Smith, Donald Sterling, Spanos family, etc. I would argue that as a city, we have had the worst of the worst in terms of ownership of professional teams. Thank God for our great weather, beaches and close proximity to the mountains, and the insanity and drunken revelry of Tijuana.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was inevitable, and it falls at the feet of the Spanos family. They have absolutely refused to field a competitive team with their bonehead hiring choices (Norv Turner) and personnel decisions (keeping AJ Smith as GM and letting Eric Weddle leave). Though I can't prove it, I firmly believe the Spanos did this purposely so they could find an out of San Diego and head north to greener pastures. But San Diego is a cursed town in relation to sports teams. We have never had a major league team in any sport that had an ownership that did not eventually screw the city. Just look at Kroc, C.A. Smith, Donald Sterling, Spanos family, etc. I would argue that as a city, we have had the worst of the worst in terms of ownership of professional teams. Thank God for our great weather, beaches and close proximity to the mountains, and the insanity and drunken revelry of Tijuana.

I love NFL football, but one thing that needs to happen is the banning of public funds for sports stadiums, and it needs to happen retroactively. They are billionaires, make them buy their own property and build their own stadiums.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love NFL football, but one thing that needs to happen is the banning of public funds for sports stadiums, and it needs to happen retroactively. They are billionaires, make them buy their own property and build their own stadiums.
I hear you, but on the other hand, the public benefits from sports teams in the area due to the jobs and revenue that comes with professional sports. I think there can be a fine balance, but should be left up to the municipalities to make that decision.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, but on the other hand, the public benefits from sports teams in the area due to the jobs and revenue that comes with professional sports. I think there can be a fine balance, but should be left up to the municipalities to make that decision.

It's almost never, if ever, a net + for the local economy.

As a side note, two of the most successful sports teams own their own stadiums. Patriots & Cowboys.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which team do you pick if you divorce the Chargers, though? Niners are run by an idiot and the Rams are run by someone even greedier than Spanos. I doubt any Chargers fans would ever root for the Raiders

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife is a die hard Raiders fan, and I actually like Derek Carr, but my years as a Raider Hater is deep in my blood. I was a Cowboy fan as a young kid (I met Don Meredith, and life was complete), so I'm kind of pulling for the Cowboys right now. My wife's son lives in Texas and is a huge Cowboy fan. Family relations would implode if the SB is Raiders vs. Cowboys.

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which team do you pick if you divorce the Chargers, though? Niners are run by an idiot and the Rams are run by someone even greedier than Spanos. I doubt any Chargers fans would ever root for the Raiders

Childhood Rams....grew up in Rialto.

Roman-Gabriel.jpg

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say stick it out until its official. You aren't the only one who goes through this.... I had one foot out the door last spring. I was ready to jump and roll. I don't want to but I'm soo damn tired of these BS. Spanos are world class POS. If they move, I hope the new city doesn't show up. If they're staying, stop being a jack-wagon and say it. The city is not gonna pay for your damn stadium.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^SO MUCH THIS^^^

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Childhood Rams....grew up in Rialto.

Roman-Gabriel.jpg
I love those uniforms. Even more than the ones from STL. But thats not what you're getting. You're getting a Jeff Fisher contract extension and $tan Kroenke. Its likely trading in your cheating wife for a stripper.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Raiders move to LV, SD fans can climb on board since their only about 5.5 hours away. Itmt wont be like rooting for Oakland.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Raiders move to LV, SD fans can climb on board since their only about 5.5 hours away. Itmt wont be like rooting for Oakland.
Never!! I wouldn't piss on a Raider or their fans of they were on fire.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether it's LV or Oakland, they're still the fucking Raiders and I can't root for them. Plus I'm not gonna bandwagon a team that suddenly is good again, no matter how desperate I am to see I team I like win a championship. I'd rather quit the NFL altogether than root for that team.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether it's LV or Oakland, they're still the fucking Raiders and I can't root for them. Plus I'm not gonna bandwagon a team that suddenly is good again, no matter how desperate I am to see I team I like win a championship. I'd rather quit the NFL altogether than root for that team.
I've gone through that scenario many times. I'm gonna be a Vikings/Broncos, Seahawks fan. My wife is from Minneapolis and the Broncos and Seahawks are my boys teams. Other than those teams I'll probably just get real drunk.:drink:

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gone through that scenario many times. I'm gonna be a Vikings/Broncos, Seahawks fan. My wife is from Minneapolis and the Broncos and Seahawks are my boys teams. Other than those teams I'll probably just get real drunk.:drink:
I wouldn't be able to root for the Broncos either, can't stand them although not as much as the Raiduhs. I've always been a big Aaron Rodgers fan because he was a local guy so I could root for the Packers. I just don't know if I'll have the interest/desire to follow the NFL if I keep seeing Rivers, Allen, Bosa, etc playing for an LA team. Bad enough that they could be leaving San Diego, where they could be going makes it 10x worse. San Diego Sports teams have had horrible luck throughout the years, this is when they need a miracle. :pray: