• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should I Divorce The Chargers Now Or Wait 'Til They Leave...

Should I Punt The Chargers Now Or Wait Until I See The Taillights?

• Yep. The suck worse than ever and Spanos is an asshole.

• Nope. Maybe Divine Intervention will change them. Wait and see.

• Could be worse. Could be Cleveland.

• Salmon with steamed vegetables. Sapporo beer.

• Other.

Results are only viewable after voting.

DweeberAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 928.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Qualcomm is a dump has been for years. I'd want to leave too.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a 2 hr drive.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it with California cities, all of their teams leave. The Rams left and are looking at coming back, The Raiders left Oak, came back now are looking to leave again. The 49ers left Frisco and the Chargers want to pick up their stuff and head up the road as well. Hard to be a fan in Cali!

Merci Montreal Expos.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like they are moving far, it's just a short drive north. Hell if I owned the Chargers, I'd have moved years ago 1/2 way between SD and LA and called the team SoCal.
If I owned the Chargers I would have moved them decades ago or folded the fuckin franchise. San Diego is the worst sports town in this country , always has been always will be. So. Cal.is no hotbed for football and they've proven enough times they will not support a team. Time to get the fuck out of there and go someplace where they can play football.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
35 year Charger fan here. Always a Charger fan as long as "San Diego" is in front of it. Any fan that would abandon them after a bad season is not really a fan. I cheer for my hometown team. If they leave I'll probably go with my Dad's hometown team, the Steelers, but never with the intensity of the past 35 years.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Spanos family ends up moving the Chargers out of San Diego, I'm done with the Chargers. I grew up going to games at Balboa Stadium and watching John Hadl, Lance Alworth, and Ron Mix, and to see the Spanos family pull this shit pisses me off beyond belief. Sad and horrifying to admit, but I'll have to join my wife in rooting for the Raiders.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Charger fans I know will become Rams fans after the dust settles... Spanos is really going to regret this move.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Charger fans I know will become Rams fans after the dust settles... Spanos is really going to regret this move.
If you guys want to take the plane ride up to Missouri every game then have fun with that.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Spanos family ends up moving the Chargers out of San Diego, I'm done with the Chargers. I grew up going to games at Balboa Stadium and watching John Hadl, Lance Alworth, and Ron Mix, and to see the Spanos family pull this shit pisses me off beyond belief. Sad and horrifying to admit, but I'll have to join my wife in rooting for the Raiders.

I have no idea how SD fan's can blame the owner.

To keep an NFL team in a smaller market, you need a good stadium. That is the long and short of it and the city of SD has failed time and time again to get a workable stadium plan in place.

Do you expect Spanos to keep the Chargers in SD and give up LITERALLY $100's of millions in revenue over the next couple decades out of sheer loyalty to the city? That's ridiculous.

San Diego has had AMPLE opportunity to remedy this situation and their elected officials have always fucked it up. You're ire is misdirected. San Diego's problem is and always has been with state and locally elected officials that haven't been able to come up with a realistic plan to keep the Chargers in SD.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how SD fan's can blame the owner.

To keep an NFL team in a smaller market, you need a good stadium. That is the long and short of it and the city of SD has failed time and time again to get a workable stadium plan in place.

Do you expect Spanos to keep the Chargers in SD and give up LITERALLY $100's of millions in revenue over the next couple decades out of sheer loyalty to the city? That's ridiculous.

San Diego has had AMPLE opportunity to remedy this situation and their elected officials have always fucked it up. You're ire is misdirected. San Diego's problem is and always has been with state and locally elected officials that haven't been able to come up with a realistic plan to keep the Chargers in SD.
Seems like that was taken straight from Mark Fabiani's office.

Of course the city has had it's problems. What fans are so furious about is that those problems are behind us and we have a legit mayor who is committed to finding a solution, yet the Chargers refuse to negotiate with him. They won't even take a meeting. If the Chargers wanted to stay in San Diego they would be at the table. And if Spanos' motivation is to make some more hundreds of millions by going to LA, then we have every right to hate him. Plenty of owners in smaller markets could do the same thing, but haven't.

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I owned the Chargers I would have moved them decades ago or folded the fuckin franchise. San Diego is the worst sports town in this country , always has been always will be. So. Cal.is no hotbed for football and they've proven enough times they will not support a team. Time to get the fuck out of there and go someplace where they can play football.

A common misconception is that California teams cannot support a franchise. The Rams moved to St. Louis because Georgia Frontiere couldn't get Orange County or the city of Los Angeles to build new stadium financed by taxpayers. Why? Because there were already 3 stadiums that were suitable.

And Al Davis moved the Raiders to Oakland because he wanted the Coliseum renovated so he could have PSL's and make even more $.

California can support football teams because most of the people that live here are able to afford the cost of living and have extra $ to burn attending sporting events.