• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should B1G go back to playing FCS?

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two teams losing wouldn't change that from being a strategy that works for SEC teams.
It's an advantage because the committee seems to punish those teams early for having weaker schedules and since these teams would save their weak team game later in the year it won't negatively affect their ranking as we seen this year with all the teams playing trash bye type games and virtually none of them really dropped at all plus it gives your starters a rest/break late in the year to heal up.

The BIG must play the SEC game but do it better. Pay these teams tons of cash to come to your crib in the second to last game. Rig the committee, have a monopoly over the TV and media, 8 in conference games, neutral sites close to your own home vs other P5 teams but not the best teams from those conferences (LSU, WSU, Va Tech, etc). Fight fire with fire man. If they want to play politics we will play some politics. The BIG has the money and the resources to do this so there's no excuses now.

I have a higher set of standards than you do.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know why you don’t like CCGs.
-LJeew.gif
Lol. Yeah still bitter but really it rarely helps

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the teams he listed aren't terrible they just can't compete with the rest of the BIG right now. Indiana beat Virginia, Purdue went 7-6 won their bowl game and beat AZ and Mizzouri. Hell, Rutgers even competed with the Huskies for the first half. I do consider cutting ties with Illinois especially if they don't part ways with Illinois ASAP. People act like the bottom half of the BIG is trash but they're wrong since most of those teams won their OOCS games and won their bowl game.
"EVERY" conference has bottom dwellers.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the BIG really needs to do is...

1.) Have a majority of the committee members have ties to the BIG instead of the SEC
2.) Play community college teams a week before their final BIG game just like the SEC
3.) Play only neutral games with top P5 programs but only on neutral sites and have those neutral sites closer to your home
4.) Have 10 year big time contracts with the four major influencers in the media on TV and online so they control the narrative
5.) Cut down the in conference games to 8

You didn't answer it on the last thread, maybe you'll answer it here...

1) who do you consider to have ties to the SEC.

By my count, there is already more members with B1G ties, but maybe you know the new math.

and 4) You already have the largest tv contract. Nobody league has more reason to be pimped out than the B1G.

Your well on your way, get cracking on the other 3.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a higher set of standards than you do.

Nope my standards higher since I would play and win while legally abiding by the rules set just like the SEC is doing. The BIG has been playing checkers while the SEC is playing chess. Even though the BIG has the better coaches, teams, and conference from top to bottom the SEC will get all the press and admiration because they have two teams in the most important game and in the end that's what it's all about. If you don't care about winning the big game well then you may as well get out and go home because right now that's the best option the BIG has is the do what the SEC is doing but do it better.

What is the other options? Keep doing what they're doing?? Clearly that's not working right now.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"EVERY" conference has bottom dwellers.

That's what we agree on and I am adding to that the BIG's bottom feeders are superior to other conferences bottom feeders (with exception of Illinois).

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My option B would be keep 9 conference games, move Michigan State to the west and Purdue to the east to help balance the power.

Make permanent Rivals.
MSU - Michigan
PSU - Nebraska
Wisconsin - OSU
Purdue - Indiana

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what we agree on and I am adding to that the BIG's bottom feeders are superior to other conferences bottom feeders (with exception of Illinois).
I have said several times in the past week, that the Big 10 is the best football conference from "top to bottom".

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope my standards higher since I would play and win while legally abiding by the rules set just like the SEC is doing. The BIG has been playing checkers while the SEC is playing chess. Even though the BIG has the better coaches, teams, and conference from top to bottom the SEC will get all the press and admiration because they have two teams in the most important game and in the end that's what it's all about. If you don't care about winning the big game well then you may as well get out and go home because right now that's the best option the BIG has is the do what the SEC is doing but do it better.

What is the other options? Keep doing what they're doing?? Clearly that's not working right now.

Until the CFP has solid criteria for getting in, I don't give a rat's ass about it. The game is football, not chess or checkers. You can win your way into the CCG. The CFP is a gift.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said several times in the past week, that the Big 10 is the best football conference from "top to bottom".

When you are done with your av bet, I can get you a Wisconsin hussy to take her place.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't answer it on the last thread, maybe you'll answer it here...

1) who do you consider to have ties to the SEC.

By my count, there is already more members with B1G ties, but maybe you know the new math.

and 4) You already have the largest tv contract. Nobody league has more reason to be pimped out than the B1G.

Your well on your way, get cracking on the other 3.

You may want to count again and dig a little deeper. It's too late for me to go back and do this research again as I'm going to bed now but the SEC had the highest total of members with previous or current ties to the SEC than did any other conference. That's enough to sway the vote.

They do have the largest contract but that's not enough. They must control the narrative which was all about sucking the SEC D. All we heard was how great Bama was and how poor Wisconsin's schedule was every fucking week on ESPN and ESPN is basically the one station that covers the CFP committee live with interviews. From their opinions it sounded like they wanted an all SEC championship from the start and now they're all happy as shit.

How are they on their way to doing the other three when nobody has those weak sisters of the poor games on their second to last game no team plays 8 conference games and no team routinely plays a P5 team at a neutral site close to their home every year. WTF are you talking about.

Good night and stay classy Saint Diego aka Whale's Vagina

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until the CFP has solid criteria for getting in, I don't give a rat's ass about it. The game is football, not chess or checkers. You can win your way into the CCG. The CFP is a gift.

That isn't an accurate statement as UCF as would Wisconsin if you could win your way in as both teams won more games than bama and UCF was undefeated. The criteria isn't all they go by and only a fool would believe they actually adhere to that criteria over their bias. The CFP is a curse more than anything right now when 13 mean with more allegiance to one conference controls the destiny of teams making records irrelevant and the almighty eye test and bias is what controls their decision making. No other sport does this and it's drastically flawed.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn straight, but unfortunately their fate is decided by a bunch of old biased dudes that ride the SEC D. That's just how it is right now. The BIG has to go undefeated to make the CFP but that's not the case for the SEC which is a clear double standard.

Off to bed peace

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't an accurate statement as UCF as would Wisconsin if you could win your way in as both teams won more games than bama and UCF was undefeated. The criteria isn't all they go by and only a fool would believe they actually adhere to that criteria over their bias. The CFP is a curse more than anything right now when 13 mean with more allegiance to one conference controls the destiny of teams making records irrelevant and the almighty eye test and bias is what controls their decision making. No other sport does this and it's drastically flawed.

#1 Come out and say it. The CFP is for P5 schools. Period
#2 All Conference Champions are eligible. No one else. Period.
#3 Choose your polls or computer rankings at the beginning of the season. Lowest ranked team gets left out.

Solid, immutable criteria. Yeah, Ohio State and Alabama, I'm looking at you.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn straight, but unfortunately their fate is decided by a bunch of old biased dudes that ride the SEC D. That's just how it is right now. The BIG has to go undefeated to make the CFP but that's not the case for the SEC which is a clear double standard.

Off to bed peace

later

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 Come out and say it. The CFP is for P5 schools. Period
#2 All Conference Champions are eligible. No one else. Period.
#3 Choose your polls or computer rankings at the beginning of the season. Lowest ranked team gets left out.

Solid, immutable criteria. Yeah, Ohio State and Alabama, I'm looking at you.

Cot darnit last one and I'm going to bed.

That's inherently wrong. Especially when UCF went undefeated beat two top 25 teams and just beat the team that's beat both Bama and Georgia who are in the NC game. They deserve a chance at the big game which is why this should be expanded to 8 teams. It should include all 5 conference winners and then the next 3 highest ranked teams according to a CFP that has equal distribution of committee members that have no current ties to any conferences, the polls and computer polls.

That's the best way I can imagine to create a playoff that's as fair as possible that's not to big or to small.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cot darnit last one and I'm going to bed.

That's inherently wrong. Especially when UCF went undefeated beat two top 25 teams and just beat the team that's beat both Bama and Georgia who are in the NC game. They deserve a chance at the big game which is why this should be expanded to 8 teams. It should include all 5 conference winners and then the next 3 highest ranked teams according to a CFP that has equal distribution of committee members that have no current ties to any conferences, the polls and computer polls.

That's the best way I can imagine to create a playoff that's as fair as possible that's not to big or to small.

You are starting to hallucinate. Go to bed.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are done with your av bet, I can get you a Wisconsin hussy to take her place.
Send it to me and I can switch back and forth.