• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Should AD be suspended?

Should AD be suspended?

• Yes

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Fine him and move on

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • NFL tater salad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

To even pretend this was anything close to a fair and equitable policy they would have to broadly enforce this. Which would mean every single practice by every single team would have to be recorded and submitted for the league to review.
Exactly

How many practices/joint practices aren’t filmed at all where stuff happens?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news: Rodger Godell and his front office staff will review film from every practice looking for anything to suspend guys for.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't they already police practices, though? Time, length, how hard they are, pads, no pads? I get that a fair amount of that is likely covered in the CBA - and I do agree, it's a slippery slope to start regulating "fights" that break out - but, I'm not so sure that the NFL isn't already a part of that process as it is.

That being said - not sure what I would say...I see both sides. It was practice - I mean, we talkin' 'bout practice (in my best Allen Iverson)...but at the same time - someone did get suspended for doing the exact same thing in a game - and while we all know there is a difference - the act of this nature is not to be taken lightly.

Maybe suspended but only like 1 game - I mean, I think it rises to another level than just your average bru-haha fight in practice, but at the same time - I agree - I'm not sure that you can start suspending guys for the same things in games. Then what - fining/suspended for targeting, illegal hits....

I'm really up in the air about it all.....
The NFL's policing of practices, (as posted in the older 2010 CBA link by @HaroldSeattle), is all about protecting players from being 'over-worked' by teams or coaches. In part those rules were a response to the 2001 death of Korey Springer, (LINK) . There are fines and penalties for HCs and teams if they breach those rules. To date there have been multiple violations and punishments. There's nothing mentioned about player discipline. Not to labour the point but the reason teams are practicing against each other rather than against themselves is to increase the pressure levels on players in the reduced practice time. I don't remember inter-team practices prior to the Rams and Cowboys sessions circa 2017. They may have happened occasionally but it wasn't the norm like it is now. CBA Rules and regulations weren't written for inter-team practices. The NFL will adapt.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

I Heard what he did but didn't see the video.

We as human begins are, to be frank, Emotional sons of bitches. Sometimes Emotions get heated and overblown and that is when bad stuff take place. Myles Garrett is a key example.

There is a fine line. As a Vancouver Canucks fan , I have only one time have I seen it crossed in my life. Never EVER EVER want to see it happen again. Hockey fans well know what i'm refering too. Some others too.

But i won't be angry if he was suspended.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news: Rodger Godell and his front office staff will review film from every practice looking for anything to suspend guys for.
They'd have a bunch of fans applying for that job if they posted it.....LOL.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you swing a helmet in a game at someone
If you swing a helmet in a practice at someone
If you swing a helmet in a Scrimmage at someone
If you swing a helmet on the street at someone
If you swing a helmet in a hotel room at someone
Get suspended.
I think it is cute how some on here wanting to act like it would be splitting hairs.
If they used a hammer or a brick instead. Same thing. Suspension. Its not about the fight.

If you want to hit someone with head gear. Use that nice fluffy thing they wear over their helmets.
& no. I dont think you need to be suspended if you threw a roll of toilet paper at someone. but yes. When you swing a helmet as hard as you can at someone. Take a seat. It is an uncomplicated thought.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, you can't swing your helmet. Should be suspended

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he should be

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you swing a helmet in a game at someone
If you swing a helmet in a practice at someone
If you swing a helmet in a Scrimmage at someone
If you swing a helmet on the street at someone
If you swing a helmet in a hotel room at someone
Get suspended.
I think it is cute how some on here wanting to act like it would be splitting hairs.
If they used a hammer or a brick instead. Same thing. Suspension. Its not about the fight.

If you want to hit someone with head gear. Use that nice fluffy thing they wear over their helmets.
& no. I dont think you need to be suspended if you threw a roll of toilet paper at someone. but yes. When you swing a helmet as hard as you can at someone. Take a seat. It is an uncomplicated thought.
Too bad he won't. It's a rule in the CBA that teams handle the discipline for players in practice.

The NFLPA would be all over that.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL's policing of practices, (as posted in the older 2010 CBA link by @HaroldSeattle), is all about protecting players from being 'over-worked' by teams or coaches. In part those rules were a response to the 2001 death of Korey Springer, (LINK) . There are fines and penalties for HCs and teams if they breach those rules. To date there have been multiple violations and punishments. There's nothing mentioned about player discipline. Not to labour the point but the reason teams are practicing against each other rather than against themselves is to increase the pressure levels on players in the reduced practice time. I don't remember inter-team practices prior to the Rams and Cowboys sessions circa 2017. They may have happened occasionally but it wasn't the norm like it is now. CBA Rules and regulations weren't written for inter-team practices. The NFL will adapt.
Agreed - wasn't really arguing any specific point other than - NFL does policy practice - and while that is through the CBA, likely this would be something they could look to also add.

I don't see the NFL trying to levy a suspension/fine because there doesn't seem to be anything in the CBA that really gives them the ability to do so - and no doubt that anything they try will be met with a lawsuit from the NFLPA - something I'm sure that they would avoid like plague with the whole Watson issue finally behind them...

Fine him and move on if you are the Rams, if for no other reason that to admit - regardless of what happens in a practice, you can't go around dual wielding helmets like axes a la Lord Uhtred in the Last Kingdom....LOL

the last kingdom yaz GIF

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong support for suspension i see

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad he won't. It's a rule in the CBA that teams handle the discipline for players in practice.

The NFLPA would be all over that.
he may or may not get suspended but the NFLPA wont have any say in it. (other than maybe whining)
The NFL "can" discipline any player that makes the NFL look bad. The NFL does it all the time.
You guys believing they do anything they want in a practice & be untouchable by the NFL is laughable.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who swings a helmet as a weapon, in a practice, a scrimmage or a game, should be suspended, fined and charged with assault.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who swings a helmet as a weapon, in a practice, a scrimmage or a game, should be suspended, fined and charged with assault.

Again. I Disagree, my reasoning is #24, but Won't bicker if this happens