• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shots fired

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you are saying is that they are not as talented as those teams but we should let them in the playoffs because of "fairness".

Not saying that at all. The point is that they aren't going to attract the talent needed to win against those schedules based on how their success will benefit the school after they are gone. None of this about teams being afraid to play quality competition. It is about everyone looking out for their bottom line. I have no problem with getting teams to play stronger schedules but there needs to be rules that tell teams what beats what so they can schedule accordingly. G5 teams don't know what is enough while P5 teams basically know they control their destiny at the start of competition unless there are five undefeated P5 teams.

cclxxxvdicere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing will change because they will not attract the talent needed to be successful versus those schedules based on helping the school achieve P5 status after they are gone.
You’re just stating the obvious, that they and their fellow conference members don’t have the talent needed to be competitive against the P5 conferences, yet you want to treat their wins against that inferior talent as if they were the same. Treating things that are not equal as if they were isn’t being “fair”, it’s charity.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re just stating the obvious, that they and their fellow conference members don’t have the talent needed to be competitive against the P5 conferences, yet you want to treat their wins against that inferior talent as if they were the same. Treating things that are not equal as if they were isn’t being “fair”, it’s charity.

Not what I'm doing at all. They cannot compete for talent under a system rigged against their teams. If you have a choice between playing for any P5 team and knowing you control your destiny for making the playoffs and any G5 team where 40+ years of FBS shows you are eliminated before you begin beyond accomplishing results no G5 team has ever accomplished, where you going to go? The format in place keeps the two class system in place.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn & West Virginia >>>>>>>>>>>>

I mean..... Beating Florida and Miami FL nowadays won't raise eyebrows like it use to.

This isn't the early-mid 2000's.
Give it some time, Florida is trending upward and I think Miami could turn things around this year. Not sure about Diaz, but Dan Enos teaming up with Tate Martell should make this offense extremely dangerous.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it some time, Florida is trending upward and I think Miami could turn things around this year. Not sure about Diaz, but Dan Enos teaming up with Tate Martell should make this offense extremely dangerous.

I agree about Florida. They have a little wiggle room.

But it's gonna be a looooooooong time for Miami to become The U again. Al Golden really did some damage on that program. I know it's been 4 years since he was fired, but he should still be crucified.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about Florida. They have a little wiggle room.

But it's gonna be a looooooooong time for Miami to become The U again. Al Golden really did some damage on that program. I know it's been 4 years since he was fired, but he should still be crucified.
Don’t think The U will ever get back to that level again. Tearing down the Orange Bowl Stadium and playing in the Dolphins has really screwed them up and lost them potential fans at the game. Miami is the king of fair weather fandom and not having games on campus likely loses a ton of the students.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just make sure in the contract that they sell all the tickets.

We played them 2 for 1 and they allotted us 20K tickets. Well, we had other fans fighting to get tickets
but they would not sell them. They could have had a sellout, but settled for having 20k empty seats
rather than having USF outnumbered at home.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what I'm doing at all. They cannot compete for talent under a system rigged against their teams. If you have a choice between playing for any P5 team and knowing you control your destiny for making the playoffs and any G5 team where 40+ years of FBS shows you are eliminated before you begin beyond accomplishing results no G5 team has ever accomplished, where you going to go? The format in place keeps the two class system in place.

I don't see how you get one without the other. There is a two class system because the second class is inferior. They won't get better without better talent. If you are saying they can't get better talent if they don't have a clear path to the playoffs then you are advocating for special treatment. You can't argue otherwise, because you've already admitted they have inferior talent. Letting teams with inferior talent into the playoffs is affirmative action.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn & West Virginia >>>>>>>>>>>>

I mean..... Beating Florida and Miami FL nowadays won't raise eyebrows like it use to.

This isn't the early-mid 2000's.

West Virginia was damn good that year as well.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just make sure in the contract that they sell all the tickets.

We played them 2 for 1 and they allotted us 20K tickets. Well, we had other fans fighting to get tickets
but they would not sell them. They could have had a sellout, but settled for having 20k empty seats
rather than having USF outnumbered at home.

What was stopping FSU fans from purchasing tickets through the USF website?

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how you get one without the other. There is a two class system because the second class is inferior. They won't get better without better talent. If you are saying they can't get better talent if they don't have a clear path to the playoffs then you are advocating for special treatment. You can't argue otherwise, because you've already admitted they have inferior talent. Letting teams with inferior talent into the playoffs is affirmative action.

First of all, superior talent is a competitive advantage only towards making the playoffs. It should not be the reason you are picked for the playoffs. That said, while I don't know how much G5 teams could shrink the talent gap between themselves and P5 schools, I do know the gap is as big as it is because the system is rigged against them.

Imagine a 130 team league where all teams are ranked best to worst record, opponents' record, and so on, and the top four teams make the playoffs. Imagine that same league where the 130 teams are divided into two groups and one of these groups is spotted a two game lead at the start of the competition. Do you think the disadvantaged group will be equally successful at attracting the talent needed to compete for the playoffs under both scenarios?

To be clear, I'm not suggesting teams be ranked best to worst record. I have a different idea for that. This is just meant to illustrate the disadvantage facing G5 teams under the current and past formats. Even though the two game lead isn't actually written into the rules of the current format, it functions as if it is and G5 teams have no way to know what kind of a schedule is good enough have this "penalty" waived so that their record is treated at face value like a P5 team. And recruits know all of this and are certainly less inclined to play for a G5 school than they might if the format ensured G5 teams had playoff contending schedules and controlled their destiny the same as any P5 school.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was stopping FSU fans from purchasing tickets through the USF website?

They didn't sell them to anybody.

Their students and season ticket holders had their tickets and they sold single game tickets for only one week
and then nobody could get a ticket. FSU fans, especially the Central Florida folks didn't know that was
going to happen.

FSU has right at 15K season-ticket holders in Central Florida so with everybody else there was a demand
for tickets.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't sell them to anybody.

Their students and season ticket holders had their tickets and they sold single game tickets for only one week
and then nobody could get a ticket. FSU fans, especially the Central Florida folks didn't know that was
going to happen.

FSU has right at 15K season-ticket holders in Central Florida so with everybody else there was a demand
for tickets.
It amazes me that the ticket office would stop selling tickets to USF fans.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying that at all. The point is that they aren't going to attract the talent needed to win against those schedules based on how their success will benefit the school after they are gone. None of this about teams being afraid to play quality competition. It is about everyone looking out for their bottom line. I have no problem with getting teams to play stronger schedules but there needs to be rules that tell teams what beats what so they can schedule accordingly. G5 teams don't know what is enough while P5 teams basically know they control their destiny at the start of competition unless there are five undefeated P5 teams.

Bullshit. There hasn't been 5 undefeated P5 teams yet, but there has been controversy every year. Often it has been a P5 teams shitty OOC schedule that was cited as keeping them out of the playoffs.

You keep denying, then go right back and admit you want teams that you clearly admit are less talented to be considered something they are not, just because they play in a shitty conference. A pig with lipstick on it is still a pig, no matter how pretty you might think it is.

Nobody is guaranteed a spot, but if you play in a good conference you have a better chance than playing in a shitty conference, that's life. You know what kind of conference you play in, schedule accordingly.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. There hasn't been 5 undefeated P5 teams yet, but there has been controversy every year. Often it has been a P5 teams shitty OOC schedule that was cited as keeping them out of the playoffs.

You keep denying, then go right back and admit you want teams that you clearly admit are less talented to be considered something they are not, just because they play in a shitty conference. A pig with lipstick on it is still a pig, no matter how pretty you might think it is.

Nobody is guaranteed a spot, but if you play in a good conference you have a better chance than playing in a shitty conference, that's life. You know what kind of conference you play in, schedule accordingly.

What's bullshit? P5 teams basically know an undefeated season is a near playoff lock. That said, I'm all for stronger scheduling. Just want rules to define what it takes.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's bullshit? P5 teams basically know an undefeated season is a near playoff lock. That said, I'm all for stronger scheduling. Just want rules to define what it takes.

Undefeated seasons are rare for anyone. In the playoff era, there have been 6 by P5 teams and 3 by G5 teams. You are clearly not for stronger scheduling if you think an undefeated G5 team should be a lock for the playoffs. Why should Western Michigan be in when they can't beat a 3-loss Wisconsin team, Why should UCF be in when they are only competitive with 3 loss P5 teams? Nobody was arguing that Auburn or LSU should be in the playoffs. 95% of P5 teams play at least 9 P5 opponents during the year, why is it unreasonable to expect that a team that wants to be considered for the playoffs has to beat at least 2 or 3. UCF has never had a 4 star recruit in the history of their program, teams like Alabama and Clemson have 5 stars in back up roles. Yet somehow, I am supposed to think that a team that has never had a top 40 recruiting class is in the same category...lol, give me a break. You know who routinely recruits at the level of UCF...except they occasionally get a 4 star recruit...Vanderbilt. I guess the only difference between UCF and Vanderbilt must be the coaching at UCF...lol.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You start to think maybe USF is starting to establish itself as a legit program, then you're reminded they play in an NFL stadium off campus..

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Undefeated seasons are rare for anyone. In the playoff era, there have been 6 by P5 teams and 3 by G5 teams. You are clearly not for stronger scheduling if you think an undefeated G5 team should be a lock for the playoffs. Why should Western Michigan be in when they can't beat a 3-loss Wisconsin team, Why should UCF be in when they are only competitive with 3 loss P5 teams? Nobody was arguing that Auburn or LSU should be in the playoffs. 95% of P5 teams play at least 9 P5 opponents during the year, why is it unreasonable to expect that a team that wants to be considered for the playoffs has to beat at least 2 or 3. UCF has never had a 4 star recruit in the history of their program, teams like Alabama and Clemson have 5 stars in back up roles. Yet somehow, I am supposed to think that a team that has never had a top 40 recruiting class is in the same category...lol, give me a break. You know who routinely recruits at the level of UCF...except they occasionally get a 4 star recruit...Vanderbilt. I guess the only difference between UCF and Vanderbilt must be the coaching at UCF...lol.

I'm not arguing that G5 teams should not have to play stronger schedules to contend for the playoffs. I want rules that define what it takes and makes those schedules available to G5 teams without having to accept competitive disadvantages indefinitely. From there, it is up to those teams to win.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You start to think maybe USF is starting to establish itself as a legit program, then you're reminded they play in an NFL stadium off campus..
Well Tulane played in the Superdome for years and finally built there own stadium. Who knows maybe that’s their plan?