• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sherman threatens reporter?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it doesn't look good. I know Sherman has some hard feeling with some of the local media due to giving out personal info like giving out his address and pictures of his home etc., think that escalated into a war with them. Not sure if this is related but maybe.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's something going on in Sherman's life. He's always been on edge, but this seems, just weird.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to tone it down a bit to maintain the "brash but good guy" status that I think he's earned with many of his thoughtful answers and opinions on hot topics and positive off-field community efforts. This thing with Bevell/playcalling and threatening a docile veteran journalist like Jim Moore aren't good looks at all. Knock it off, Richard. You're better than that.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore is a know it all who has had word wars with Gary Payton, Griffey and Piniella. Pretty much any Seattle sports figure who is volatile will get pissed off at him at some point.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's too bad... If he doesn't tone it down, he's going to wear out his welcome in Seattle... He needs to realize that he's not bigger than the team... He's been having quite a few altercations this year... Yelling at his teammates, yelling at Bevell, now this... Needs to stop...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched it, and I don't condone what he said but the guy was looking to get a rise out of him. The reporter sounded like some of the people here in their bad moments. He could have made his point instead of flat-out saying "you think you know more about offense than Bevell does?" (or something like that) Sherman lets his mouth get away from him sometimes but it wasn't a very good moment for the reporter either.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore is a know it all who has had word wars with Gary Payton, Griffey and Piniella. Pretty much any Seattle sports figure who is volatile will get pissed off at him at some point.

Yeah, he's an asshole that was acting like an asshole.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did tweet later that he regretted his interaction with Moore, that he let it get personal and that he expects his next media session to be "fun". Should be interesting to see how both guys handle it next time they're both in the same room. Unfortunately, this is now a bigger distraction than the original incident was. Sherman isn't the first guy to have a sideline outburst and he won't be the last. He had a long conversation with Carroll about it and also talked to Bevell about it and that really should have been the end of it. Now it's going to be a topic of conversation for at least a few more days and possibly even longer if the offense doesn't come out and torch Arizona's defense on Saturday.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did tweet later that he regretted his interaction with Moore, that he let it get personal and that he expects his next media session to be "fun". Should be interesting to see how both guys handle it next time they're both in the same room. Unfortunately, this is now a bigger distraction than the original incident was. Sherman isn't the first guy to have a sideline outburst and he won't be the last. He had a long conversation with Carroll about it and also talked to Bevell about it and that really should have been the end of it. Now it's going to be a topic of conversation for at least a few more days and possibly even longer if the offense doesn't come out and torch Arizona's defense on Saturday.

Sherman is totally capable of laughing it off, and Moore is a vet who doesn't seem to take things like this too personally.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Jim Moore's question. It's totally out of line for a player to publicly challenge a coach's playcall, IMO, just like I think it's out of line for a coach to publicly criticize one of his players, and I'm glad Moore took him to task on it in his own way. I am a Sherman fan, but he's not bigger than this team or better than anyone else.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Jim Moore's question. It's totally out of line for a player to publicly challenge a coach's playcall, IMO, just like I think it's out of line for a coach to publicly criticize one of his players, and I'm glad Moore took him to task on it in his own way. I am a Sherman fan, but he's not bigger than this team or better than anyone else.

I'm not disagreeing that Sherman was out of line with his blowup at Bevell. But I've followed Moore for 20 years and as soon as I heard that he was involved, I knew how "his own way" can lead to situations like this. Sherman had already apologized publicly to Bevell, Carroll and the rest of the team. He didn't owe Moore answers to condescending questions at that point.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disagreeing that Sherman was out of line with his blowup at Bevell. But I've followed Moore for 20 years and as soon as I heard that he was involved, I knew how "his own way" can lead to situations like this. Sherman had already apologized publicly to Bevell, Carroll and the rest of the team. He didn't owe Moore answers to condescending questions at that point.
Sherman publicly apologized? I must've missed that.

In fact, to the contrary, he seems to have dug in. At least as of yesterday:

Seahawks' Richard Sherman: No regrets, no apologies over outburst

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, in the end this is only a big deal if the team thinks it is. If it doesn't create any internal friction, it's really just another story that we'll forget about for a while and then bring back up in a year or 2 when the next 'thing' with him happens. It'll be added to the growing pile of other 'things' like the Brady exchange, Trent Williams confrontation, Erin Andrews interview, Skip Bayless rant, etc. when anyone wants to make a case that he's a douchebag as opposed to a thoughtful, intelligent, elite athlete who's also a bit brash and ultra competitive. It's not getting easier to argue against them.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim moore is a drunk, and journalists are arrogant, entitled pompous pricks 99% of the time. When one journalist is "attacked" they circle the wagons. They are slimy SOBs

And, our local sports media has been on bevells jock for years now and has basically refused to criticize him.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim moore is a drunk, and journalists are arrogant, entitled pompous pricks 99% of the time. When one journalist is "attacked" they circle the wagons. They are slimy SOBs

And, our local sports media has been on bevells jock for years now and has basically refused to criticize him.

You've sunken to a new low. We know of your pure hatred for Bevel but your last sentence makes you sound like a conspiracy theorist.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a fact dude, listen to the radio, read the newspaper. I have not heard one person in the media admit he is garbage. Its nothing but stalwart defense. A lot like most people on here.

And of course it makes sense, they want access, they have to slob the knob.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this guy was being an asshole in his questioning, Sherm needs to be the bigger man and move on. His tantrums this season on and off the field are getting to be a bit much because of frustration, ego or both combined. Either way he needs to get back into football mode cause the playoffs are right around the corner and the 2nd seed hasn't been locked up.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a fact dude, listen to the radio, read the newspaper. I have not heard one person in the media admit he is garbage. Its nothing but stalwart defense. A lot like most people on here.

And of course it makes sense, they want access, they have to slob the knob.

His offense has been a top-10 offense for a few years now. Statistics show that he hasn't been "garbage" as offensive coordinator, so why would the media or anyone else say that he is?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman publicly apologized? I must've missed that.

In fact, to the contrary, he seems to have dug in. At least as of yesterday:

Seahawks' Richard Sherman: No regrets, no apologies over outburst
Yeah, I thought apologized on Friday. That's disappointing that he didn't.

But Moore is no babe in the woods. I feel embarrassed for Sherman for being such an asshole with the douchy career comment. But everyone is an asshole sometimes, best we can hope for is that when we are, it's directed at another asshole. Which appears to be the case here, and in several other situations with Sherman.