• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sherman says what we all think. Kipers an idiot

fearthepelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Sherman was just looking for something to whine about. Or he doesn't know draft analysts like Kiper and McShay base their predictions on information they get from scouts and GMs.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman's always calling someone an idiot. But it's pretty clear that PC knows a hell of a lot more about evaluating talent on the defensive side of the ball than Kiper does. Even Irvin's turning into a solid OLB. He wasn't the pressure guy that everyone hoped he'd be but he's a solid all around defender at this point.

And the Seahawks got extremely lucky as far as Wilson goes. The only thing with him was the height which hadn't really affected him to that point. You'd think some team would have rolled the dice with a 2nd rounder to see if he could play through it, especially since Wisconsin's o-line he was behind was bigger than most NFL lines.

I thought that it was funny how Kiper reacted to the Irvin pick. I remember watching SC the day before the draft and another panelist asked Kiper to name a player that would drop in the draft but will turn out to be a big time contributor, and he named Irvin. Then when the Hawks picked him in the first he went on and on about how he wasn't worth it. So he would have been a first round type contributor that would fall to the 3rd, but he wasn't worth taking in the first?:wtf2:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel Kiper is there strictly for entertainment purposes. Do you really think that any team is going to take his word over their own scouts? I think Sherman is honestly bitter about where he got drafted though. He accused Harbaugh of bad-mouthing him to teams before the draft.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things considered, Kiper and McShay are pretty good at what they do. Obviously they will make mistakes just like the 32 teams and their personnel do. One might Argue that Sherman is an idiot. :noidea:

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things considered, Kiper and McShay are pretty good at what they do. Obviously they will make mistakes just like the 32 teams and their personnel do. One might Argue that Sherman is an idiot. :noidea:

His grades say otherwise.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol@ those of you that haven't figured out Sherman's game yet. I don't much care for his act, but those of you who are taking him at face value haven't even figured out it is an act yet. :L

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol@ those of you that haven't figured out Sherman's game yet. I don't much care for his act, but those of you who are taking him at face value haven't even figured out it is an act yet. :L

I actually like Sherman. I find him comical. Some of the things that he says annoys me at first then I remember who is saying or doing these things.

But Just because it is an act doesnt mean that what he is saying isnt idiotic.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Answer is, What Richard Sherman is lacking
original.jpg

s-JEOPARDY-CONTESTANT-large.jpg

Class......we were looking for class.
images

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Sherman. I find him comical. Some of the things that he says annoys me at first then I remember who is saying or doing these things.

But Just because it is an act doesnt mean that what he is saying isnt idiotic.

But that's why he says it. Look at how much air time he has received on major networks because of his mouth. You can't turn on a radio or TV in this market without hearing a commercial with him in it. "you mad, you mad at your internet provider?". He is making a fortune off the fame of his mouth much more than what he is doing on the field. He says dumb things to piss people off on purpose and is laughing all the way to the back on the backlash that comes from it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of folks talking about Sherm.

Playing right into his hand.

Just think. All of you that hate him will be pleading with your FO to sign him in 2014 if you don't have pro bowlers at the CB position.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I love to make fun of the talking heads you have got to give them some credit. There are what? 250 or so picks? That is 250 players you have to evaluate. You are bound to get some big ones wrong.

Sherman obviously resents Kiper and the rest of the talking heads because he fell to the 5th round and obviously believes he was better than that, rightfully so. You can't get them all right, and when they get it wrong they look like idiots. Kiper and McShay are not idiots, there have been times I disagree with their evaluation of a player but they certainly are not stupid.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is one of those things where I just think, who the fuck cares. Kiper and the talking heads are all idiots when it comes to what they do but they are smart enough to get a nice easy job and get away with it. I don't have to watch or listen to them and could care less about draft day anyway. Most drafts are a crap shoot at best. There might be 2 or 3 guys a year coming out of college that you are 95% sure of what you are gonna get and one injury can derail that too. We spend so much time worrying about it and it is unnecessary. The smart GM's, scouts,coaches are just building on the depth chart and a lot of draft kids won't make it to the starting roster anyway so no use getting ones panties in a bunch.
As for Sherman, he has some massive chip on his shoulder about being slighted. At some point, he just needs to grow the fuck up and bury the past. I mean really, the guy gets the privilege of playing in the biggest showcase sport in the country, makes a boatload of money doing it and never wants for anything. What is the problem Richard? Some of us out here have to work our ass off 350+ days a year just to keep the bills paid and have to do it until we are about 3 steps from our grave because lord knows, retiring isn't looking too great. I don't mind Sherman speaking his mind and calling out guys like Bayless and others. It's kind of refreshing to have guys that aren't soundbite robots towing the Goodell party line. But pick your spots and keep it confined to the play on the field. The guy is more intelligent than this and maybe his Mama and Daddy need to come and set him right.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Hawks fan, this is kind of stupid for Sherman to say.... lol.

Kiper/McShay just mock players based on where NFL teams think they are going to go. Of course you ALWAYS have surprises and reaches in a draft, NFL GMs are not calling Kiper/McShay saying, "HEY GUESS WUT!?" but end of day Kiper/McShay are not too far off on a lot of their projections on where folks are going to go. Certainly based on trades/movement things get scrambled a bit.

Outside of that I will say Kiper is an idiot for simply hating on a player team whenever their pick doesn't follow his mock. Couple years ago he was talking about how Bobby Wagner was a better prospect than Kendricks (Eagles ILB) which ultimately he is in the NFL... Wagner s***s all over Kendricks. Anyway, Seattle trades down and then the Eagles take Kendricks and Kiper starts spewing BS about how Seattle just got screwed (after they picked Wagner) and how they were likely targeting Kendricks and made a desperation move to get Wagner after the Eagles took him.

ALL BS, all full of crap. Kiper is a complete and utter moron for this fact, but I disagree with how he becomes that idiot/moron compared to Sherman's opinion.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Sherman, he has some massive chip on his shoulder about being slighted. At some point, he just needs to grow the fuck up and bury the past. I mean really, the guy gets the privilege of playing in the biggest showcase sport in the country, makes a boatload of money doing it and never wants for anything. What is the problem Richard? Some of us out here have to work our ass off 350+ days a year just to keep the bills paid and have to do it until we are about 3 steps from our grave because lord knows, retiring isn't looking too great. I don't mind Sherman speaking his mind and calling out guys like Bayless and others. It's kind of refreshing to have guys that aren't soundbite robots towing the Goodell party line. But pick your spots and keep it confined to the play on the field. The guy is more intelligent than this and maybe his Mama and Daddy need to come and set him right.

As a Hawk fan, the last thing i want him to do is change. That attitude is à large part of what makes him who he is on the field. So he ruffles feathers and challenges people? So what, he handles it. And im not saying that i necessarily like all his talk, i just love his play, and those things go hand in hand.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty remarkable that Hawks have built their defense with just two first round picks (Earl Thomas, Bruce Irvin). Everyone else was drafted later. The Legion of Boom Currently has (1 1st rounder, 2 Fifth rounders and a 6th rounder).

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm. i guess i don't see any big deal with his comments. this seems to be getting overblown to me.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm. i guess i don't see any big deal with his comments. this seems to be getting overblown to me.

Some people are oversensitive to Sherman and the things he says.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooner or later trash talking guys like this implode and eventually screw-up. Cases in point, Richie Incognito and Ndamakung Suh. It is just a matter of time for Steve Smith to follow suit and eventually this guy is going to get caught by his own mouth as in the other examples cited.