• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is not just in the shows... I think their biggest problem is in their movies, the stories are just not great and are not being told in an interesting way. Diversity is great, but it shouldn't affect storytelling.
where do you see it affecting the storytelling?

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where do you see it affecting the storytelling?

Way too often diversity or "wokeness" (for lack of a better word) get too preachy / judgmental, or when the political message is too "in your face" and affect suspension of disbelief. It all depends on the writers'' ability to write stories in which the diversity feels natural and not forced.

For example, the viral video from She-Hulk in which she claims that, because she's a woman she's much better at controlling her anger, feels cringe. I haven't seen the episode so maybe the scene flows well, but that clip by itself feels too in your face.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 ep in…

Not the worst. Keep expectations low and just have fun with it. Most of the expected complaints about it are there, but that is just the price we have to pay nowadays.

There is a mid-credit scene, so stick around for that.
This... I'll admit its a bit of a struggle. But not bad.

That 1st end credit scene was hilarious.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too often diversity or "wokeness" (for lack of a better word) get too preachy / judgmental, or when the political message is too "in your face" and affect suspension of disbelief. It all depends on the writers'' ability to write stories in which the diversity feels natural and not forced.

For example, the viral video from She-Hulk in which she claims that, because she's a woman she's much better at controlling her anger, feels cringe. I haven't seen the episode so maybe the scene flows well, but that clip by itself feels too in your face.

It’s also laughably ignorant

Experimented on by your father, and attacked by military vs…..men find you attractive

Must be really hard

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 2 minutes into the 2nd episode

"oh yea she fine" - interviewing male 1

"There's a hot chick over there... I'm going to go talk to IT" - attorney male (Dennis)

lol... we get it, men are pigs.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yea, there are stereotypes that go along with men and women...but do you find saying women control their anger better to be untrue?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, there are stereotypes that go along with men and women...but do you find saying women control their anger better to be untrue?
Very presumptuous of you to say that. I would say 100% that for about 1 week a month that statement is absolutely not true. The rest of the time, it is absolutely up to the individual.

Would YOU find that saying black people are better athletically is untrue? Would YOU find saying Asians are more intelligent is untrue?

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a stupid generalization... many women might be better, many others suck at it.

There's a reason why the Karen meme exists.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very presumptuous of you to say that. I would say 100% that for about 1 week a month that statement is absolutely not true. The rest of the time, it is absolutely up to the individual.

Would YOU find that saying black people are better athletically is untrue? Would YOU find saying Asians are more intelligent is untrue?
it is a question. You can answer it however you want.

not surprised that you played the period card...I deleted my line about "I bet you think a woman can't be POTUS because she gets her period" because I knew you would provide it on your own...so thanks

I am asking do you agree with her statement that women are better at controlling their anger than men?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a stupid generalization... many women might be better, many others suck at it.

That dude is so out of touch with reality it wouldn’t shock me if he said a wnba player could take Lebron

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and there is a reason most mass shooters are men...

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and there is a reason most mass shooters are men...

Holy shit... Talk about oversimplifying a very complex issue just to support an idiotic agenda driven scene. What would you say if I said: well, considering murder statistics, black men are less able to control their anger.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit... Talk about oversimplifying a very complex issue just to support an idiotic agenda driven scene. What would you say if I said: well, considering murder statistics, black men are less able to control their anger.

but back on point... is it really a woke comment when a woman says it about herself and her gender...

I mean dont we all make comments like that... like if you were good at science, you may say i am a man, of course i am better than you in science... ...

or whatever... it wasnt even a forced comment...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you think men control their anger better than women?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but back on point... is it really a woke comment when a woman says it about herself and her gender...

I mean dont we all make comments like that... like if you were good at science, you may say i am a man, of course i am better than you in science... ...

or whatever... it wasnt even a forced comment...
it definitely isn't woke

that's like saying women being allowed to vote is "woke"

seriously, get over it. (not you Milky)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it definitely isn't woke

that's like saying women being allowed to vote is "woke"

seriously, get over it. (not you Milky)

Right. If it was a forced line then maybe. But context is everything. Bruce was assuming that she would have similar problems with the hulk that he did. She didn’t. Hey it is even possible that it was the Y chromosome that made Bruce and hulk not get along for so long.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. If it was a forced line then maybe. But context is everything. Bruce was assuming that she would have similar problems with the hulk that he did. She didn’t. Hey it is even possible that it was the Y chromosome that made Bruce and hulk not get along for so long.
also it's a fucking joke

some of you manly men need to chill the fuck out and get a sense of humor.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all know it's a TV show right? Just enjoy the damn show and stop taking everything so personally.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also it's a fucking joke

some of you manly men need to chill the fuck out and get a sense of humor.

If it was forced I would agree more about it being woke. But then I would argue that the show in general is going to be feminist centric. Of course it will. You have a strong woman main character. Impossible not to have those themes.

Reactions: ill

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was forced I would agree more about it being woke. But then I would argue that the show in general is going to be feminist centric. Of course it will. You have a strong woman main character. Impossible not to have those themes.
also the irony of male posters getting upset over a joke about women not as easily angered as men is pretty great here.