• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares about how long the comics have been wrong as well. A good literary character has “demons” to overcome. Once those demons are overcome, the character should be retired. Who wants to read/watch/listen to/smell/taste/feel/whatever a fictional character which no strife?

i agree about the bruce banner hulk that it was best when jekyl and hyde and demon inside, etc... But Shehulk was never about that, shehulk was always about the smart hulk and how going green and powerful gave her confidence So it is not reimagining anything...

it is just someone else with similar powers... which is fine, since in all these comics there have always been examples of people with similar powers, whether they are the heroes main villain or the heroes sidekick... it would be a bigger stretch to assume that when it happens to someone else it would have the exact same side effects or consequences...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree about the bruce banner hulk that it was best when jekyl and hyde and demon inside, etc... But Shehulk was never about that, shehulk was always about the smart hulk and how going green and powerful gave her confidence So it is not reimagining anything...

it is just someone else with similar powers... which is fine, since in all these comics there have always been examples of people with similar powers, whether they are the heroes main villain or the heroes sidekick... it would be a bigger stretch to assume that when it happens to someone else it would have the exact same side effects or consequences...
there is really only so much you can do with Hulk and the rampaging beast story before you need more Bruce Banner in there....and that is what happens in the comics. Bruce is constantly experimenting on himself, trying to get that balance.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasn't She-Hulk more Deadpool than classic Marvel superhero stuff?
Constantly breaking the 4th wall and talking to the reader? Stuff like that???

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

honestly, dont know much about her... really wasnt a big HULK world fan... but i do remember her being a little 4th wall breaking character... not deadpool level...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I remember that too

but like @MilkSpiller22 I wasn't a She-Hulk fan (or Hulk for that matter)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I remember that too

but like @MilkSpiller22 I wasn't a She-Hulk fan (or Hulk for that matter)

with that said, i am looking forward to this... just like i am for Ms Marvel... i dont care if i am not the target audience... if it is good, then it is good...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with that said, i am looking forward to this... just like i am for Ms Marvel... i dont care if i am not the target audience... if it is good, then it is good...
I said this in Ms Marvel, but even if this isn't for you, you are likely going to watch it because it all feeds into the bigger story and you are going to want to know ALL the characters when they show up in Avengers 18

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this in Ms Marvel, but even if this isn't for you, you are likely going to watch it because it all feeds into the bigger story and you are going to want to know ALL the characters when they show up in Avengers 18

but SheHulk never joins the Avengers, right?? maybe she will in this marvel universe... but i consider this to be like Moonknight, a fun show that will advance the universe, even if not INTEGRAL to the future avengers...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but SheHulk never joins the Avengers, right?? maybe she will in this marvel universe... but i consider this to be like Moonknight, a fun show that will advance the universe, even if not INTEGRAL to the future avengers...
just about everyone joins the Avengers at some point.

even the X-Men break off and do some stints with the Avengers

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes. That looks like shit.

CG and just overall.
If you aren’t going apeshit with your excitement for this show, apparently you are a mesogonist and only see “woke”. You can’t see bad production value or a boring character.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you aren’t going apeshit with your excitement for this show, apparently you are a mesogonist and only see “woke”. You can’t see bad production value or a boring character.
good job

1652893906213.png

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have never read a shehulk comic, so I don’t care too much how true it is to the source. I am just saying that a character that doesn’t have flaws is boring af. That’s why I don’t like smart hulk. That character takes the best of Banner (super genius) and the best of hulk (strongest being possible) and combines the two. Making it a Jekyll / Hyde thing is great. Also having Banner and Hulk fighting to the point where Hulk is too scared to “take over” was interesting. Having the two coexist as a single being is OP and boring.

That’s the problem with Cpt Marvel. She never struggled to get her powers. She didn’t sacrifice. She just got them, then was OP.

Steve Rogers was a sickly kid who had just about every malady known to man. He was bullied, but kept his sticktoitiveness. In order to become Captain America, he had to prove who he was inside before he had the opportunity to risk everything to become a super soldier. Then, after all that, he saw his best friend “die” and then sacrificed himself to finish the task at hand. Ultimately, through comic book magic, he came back to life, only to find everyone he ever knew either dead or at the very end stage of their life. He was a man out of time. He was strong, but had limitations and had “demons” that were external and impossible for him to solve. Great character.

I am not making any absolute statements about shehulk. But it LOOKS like she is essentially a smart hulk from the start (after a bit of training, sure). I have said I will watch the show. I just have low expectations because the character looks stupid and the SFX look overdone.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never read a shehulk comic, so I don’t care too much how true it is to the source. I am just saying that a character that doesn’t have flaws is boring af. That’s why I don’t like smart hulk. That character takes the best of Banner (super genius) and the best of hulk (strongest being possible) and combines the two. Making it a Jekyll / Hyde thing is great. Also having Banner and Hulk fighting to the point where Hulk is too scared to “take over” was interesting. Having the two coexist as a single being is OP and boring.

That’s the problem with Cpt Marvel. She never struggled to get her powers. She didn’t sacrifice. She just got them, then was OP.

Steve Rogers was a sickly kid who had just about every malady known to man. He was bullied, but kept his sticktoitiveness. In order to become Captain America, he had to prove who he was inside before he had the opportunity to risk everything to become a super soldier. Then, after all that, he saw his best friend “die” and then sacrificed himself to finish the task at hand. Ultimately, through comic book magic, he came back to life, only to find everyone he ever knew either dead or at the very end stage of their life. He was a man out of time. He was strong, but had limitations and had “demons” that were external and impossible for him to solve. Great character.

I am not making any absolute statements about shehulk. But it LOOKS like she is essentially a smart hulk from the start (after a bit of training, sure). I have said I will watch the show. I just have low expectations because the character looks stupid and the SFX look overdone.
I mostly agree with everything in this post. My point was simply saying that this is not a reimagining of the hulk character.

Women in comics was always treated differently than men in comics because it’s target was different. Female superheroes were always meant to bring in the female comic readers.

So I think we all agree that none of us are the target audience. But that doesn’t mean it won’t be good. And if it is good we will all enjoy it no matter what!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CGI looks cheap. And the comedy seems like overkill humor which is cringe... But maybe its just the trailer? I'll give it a shot at some point but I won't be in a race to watch it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorta. Maybe not as overt and direct as Deadpool is at times. Also similar to Deadpool is She-Hulk has some comedic elements to it, which the show looks like its gonna veer that direction. Based on the trailer, it doesn't look like a show that's gonna take itself super seriously (like say Falcon/Winter Solider). Looks like it could be our first MCUTV sitcom.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CGI looks cheap. And the comedy seems like overkill humor which is cringe... But maybe its just the trailer? I'll give it a shot at some point but I won't be in a race to watch it.
The CGI for Hulk and Abomination looks fine.

But they missed the mark with Shulkie. Hulk never had problems with uncanny valley because they felt free to explore facial reconstruction quite a bit there. This show is just Tatiana's face in green. And the body is just an elongated body, rather than rippling with muscle like it should be. Of course not as much as Hulk, but she looks spidery thin in this.

Redo the face a bit, and bulk her up and this can work. But right now the CGI on Jessica specifically is just bad.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Titania (jameela jamil) Looks like Peg Bundy dressed up for some 80's wrasslin. I love it.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Titania (jameela jamil) Looks like Peg Bundy dressed up for some 80's wrasslin. I love it.
Now that you pointed it out I can't unsee it, lol.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there was a period where she was basically Deadpool but to my knowledge she has been fairly normal for the past decade or so just based on the video games I've played. I think Gwenpool mostly took over as the 4th wall breaker.

That said, tonally She Hulk can go everywhere from Ally McBeal to the Hulk so ..they can pretty much do what they want