• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shane Beamer turns down Richmond job?

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to footballscoop.com, he turned the job down. Wow. Pretty impressive offer for a young coach.

"Richmond: We have learned that Virginia Tech's associate head coach / running backs coach Shane Beamer has turned down an offer to become head coach at Richmond."

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanes got a HC gig closer to home in mind. Personally I'd give it to Bud but thats just me.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanes got a HC gig closer to home in mind. Personally I'd give it to Bud but thats just me.

Do you know if this report is true, that he was offered the Richmond gig?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
All I have heard is that he was interviewing, so I would assume that there is some legitimacy with him turning it down. I was told over the weekend that he was on the short list at U of R...

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

If he sticks it out long enough i think Shane could eventually become head coach @ VT, but i dont think he will be the next one. (fwiw i dont think it will be bud either)

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I've heard is the interest was one sided. Because of that I'd be surprised if there was an actual offer, but not shocked. Shane will be here for awhile.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I've heard is the interest was one sided. Because of that I'd be surprised if there was an actual offer, but not shocked. Shane will be here for awhile.

Maybe it should have said "Shane Beamer lets UR know to withdraw his name from consideration". I think SB should be flattered, but I am not sure if he is quite ready to be a HC, even at the FCS level, and he probably knows that. His time will come, and he knows that.

If he sticks it out long enough i think Shane could eventually become head coach @ VT, but i dont think he will be the next one. (fwiw i dont think it will be bud either)

I know we are still several years away from that..do you think they would hire from within, or go bring in a "higher profile" guy??? I still say if Bud is here..it's his.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I know we are still several years away from that..do you think they would hire from within, or go bring in a "higher profile" guy??? I still say if Bud is here..it's his.

IMO it will be an inside hire. FWIW i think stinespring has a better chance than Bud. I guess it will have a lot to do with what Frank's plan is after coaching and who our AD will be @ the time though.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was probably Mike London who gave Richmond Shanes name.....trying to do whatever he can to gain an advantage on VT.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was probably Mike London who gave Richmond Shanes name.....trying to do whatever he can to gain an advantage on VT.

Really? smh

BTW, Richmond has hired Danny Rocco, head coach @ Liberty.