• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shanahan?

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that the front office has shown a commitment to hiring anyone with any previous head coaching success. But since we are committed to Jay (have to pay him) for the next two seasons, Shanahan seems (to me at least) to be someone worth looking at. They have a good relationship. He commits to the run and usually fields a better than average D.

His tenure in Washington didn't end well, but Snyder (Jerry jr) deserved a lot of the blame for that.

Probably getting ahead of myself. There is no guarantee that the trigger will be pulled on the current staff. Just fantasizing, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would be ok with that. these guys to

bill cowher

jim harbaugh

bill billick

john gruden

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Billick I think you mean, he's a sharp dude. Ditka was pretty darn smart too. I'd ask each of these guys who they would pick except Jim, but I don't see him leaving San Fran.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not on board with Jim Harbaugh...you have to think that if a franchise that has won as much as they have in the past 3 years...still doesn't want him- what does that say about him?

I would have taken Cowher 7-8 years ago...but he's not coming back to coaching. Gruden is insane and hasn't been lured out of the TV booth yet, don't see that happening...and Billick has said on the radio many times that teams just don't call him anymore- And he's got a rep that he's very hard to work with.
Would rather try find the next....um good coach.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Billick I think you mean, he's a sharp dude. Ditka was pretty darn smart too. I'd ask each of these guys who they would pick except Jim, but I don't see him leaving San Fran.
Wait- you think Ditka was smart? really? Have you seen the cartoon that idiot has become? How smart was the Ricky Williams draft? Why didn't he win more then One SB with the greatest defense ever? Smart? hmmmm... that's it. no more early 90's SNL for you.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want Cutler to lose the HC who has helped him better than any one else could. I mean what does Cutler need to play better than what Trestman has given him.

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait- you think Ditka was smart? really? Have you seen the cartoon that idiot has become? How smart was the Ricky Williams draft? Why didn't he win more then One SB with the greatest defense ever? Smart? hmmmm... that's it. no more early 90's SNL for you.

Sean Payton, Ron Rivera, Jeff Fisher, Samuri, Leslie Frazier, Harbaugh... all players drafted by Ditka that went on to coach. I'd say Ditka knows how to get good players and they learned from him.

Gruden, Cowher, and Billick, each won one Super Bowl too, and they each had the dominant defense of their days, so exactly what is your point?

Oh and Ditka has 2 super bowl rings, one with Dallas.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe Chicago will have a Ryan coming near you. :pound:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not on board with Jim Harbaugh...you have to think that if a franchise that has won as much as they have in the past 3 years...still doesn't want him- what does that say about him?

I would have taken Cowher 7-8 years ago...but he's not coming back to coaching. Gruden is insane and hasn't been lured out of the TV booth yet, don't see that happening...and Billick has said on the radio many times that teams just don't call him anymore- And he's got a rep that he's very hard to work with.
Would rather try find the next....um good coach.

You will see when San Fran hires someone that coddles their players and they turn into a bunch of pansies on the field too.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bill cowher

jim harbaugh

bill billick

john gruden

Harbaugh is an interesting choice, but the McCaskeys would never offer him as much as Michigan probably will...

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.......''Da Bearz''.....!!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it ever comes to that, the one question I want them to ask the next potential coach is this:

Scenario: Less than two-minutes in the half. You're up 14 points. You have possession of the ball in your own territory. Do you take a knee? Or do you try to get more points before the half ends?

Any coach that says he'll take a knee should not be in consideration.

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe Chicago will have a Ryan coming near you. :pound:

Don't worry fella's I now live in this state, so they really aint all that bright down here.

Like they say, the devil rents out Texas and lives in hell instead.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bill cowher

jim harbaugh

bill billick

john gruden

Gruden, Billick, Cowher…

Far more than likely, none will ever coach again. They like their jobs in broadcasting and are not coming back to the grind of being an NFL head coach. Gruden specifically, has made that very clear. Why would you leave a cozy broadcasting job, to go back to being an NFL head coach where you have to go on the road, be away from your family constantly, etc… Especially when the pay is very similar.

People need to quit with this pipe dream.

As far as Harbaugh… I'm really not sure what the hell his situation is after this year. It sounds like he's done in San Fran, but it's a strange situation.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that the front office has shown a commitment to hiring anyone with any previous head coaching success. But since we are committed to Jay (have to pay him) for the next two seasons, Shanahan seems (to me at least) to be someone worth looking at. They have a good relationship. He commits to the run and usually fields a better than average D.
His tenure in Washington didn't end well, but Snyder (Jerry jr) deserved a lot of the blame for that.
Probably getting ahead of myself. There is no guarantee that the trigger will be pulled on the current staff. Just fantasizing, I guess.

With respect, Bears fans, you DO NOT want Mike Shanahan.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want Cutler to lose the HC who has helped him better than any one else could. I mean what does Cutler need to play better than what Trestman has given him.

Obviously, if you watched the other night (or the last month, for that matter), the team lacks motivation under this staff. For whatever reason, they are just not playing hard. That falls directly on the coaching staff and/or GM.

yutch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason, I'd hate to see a retread here. But at least we know that a retread is interested in HC positions and has convinced someone to hire him in that role. A coordinator, not so much.

Unfortunately, the guy I really liked last time wouldn't touch our HC job with a ten-foot pole or two five-foot Lithuanians. That'd be Dave Toub.

This time around, the guy I really want--meaning that I'd like him to be ready for a HC gig and to want one--is Matt Patricia.