• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shanahan on ESPN 980 right now

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tune in if you can. Pretty interesting. Getting ready to discuss the decision to trade for Rg3 pick.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that will be interesting , if you hear what he says post it

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.espn980.com

Really interesting. Should have a podcast of it if you miss it. Many of our questions about thecrg3 relationship issues he is answering.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.hogshaven.com/2015/2/18/...ut-donovan-mcnabb-robert-griffin-iii-redskins

here are the pod casts and the the takes from it

very interesting ., seems snyder meddled with dmac , and with Rg3 the issue was the cap penalty .

he didnt want to give up the picks but he said it would take time for Rg3 to be a pocket guy 4-5 years

Rg3 brought alot of stuff on himself with the lack of film study and what plays to run . Rg3 did apparently go to snyder about the plays

so i was wrong on a few view points when it comes to Rg3

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan did say he wanted Robert, but was concerned about the cost and his lack of pro style offense experience. He also said that if he would hAve known about the cap penalty before hand, he would have never done the trade.

It was clear that the relationship started heading south after the Baltimore game when he got injured. Robert got pissed that the next game where Kirk started, not one read option play was called. Robert began to sulk and wouldn't talk to anyone.

I would highly recommend that you listen to this whole interview. Of course, this is one side of the story, but if true, Robert is a huge diva. I don't see him changing that or ever making it as a pro typical QB.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, why listen to Shanny? Like you said j_y, it's one side of the story and there is no one to refute his claims. It didn't work out with the Shanny regime and hopefully everyone has moved on. I don't want to hear what he has to say. SM is running this ship now and I will trust in him moving forward.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan did say he wanted Robert, but was concerned about the cost and his lack of pro style offense experience. He also said that if he would hAve known about the cap penalty before hand, he would have never done the trade.

It was clear that the relationship started heading south after the Baltimore game when he got injured. Robert got pissed that the next game where Kirk started, not one read option play was called. Robert began to sulk and wouldn't talk to anyone.

I would highly recommend that you listen to this whole interview. Of course, this is one side of the story, but if true, Robert is a huge diva. I don't see him changing that or ever making it as a pro typical QB.

well i think he is a huge diva , that unsubstantiated claims about him not wanting to run certain plays was certainly out there but shanny put his name to it so it does carry weight with me

that is my hole point about these debates , un-named sources and things like that wreak of BS to me . now shanny has come out in public and said this is what happened . he isnt hiding and he is opening things up to a response

this time it was true or it strongly appears to be but now we should hear the other side soon enough because this will hit the headlines

now it appears Rg3 was acting like a whiny whore bitch and that in of in itself tells me he needs to go

"why isnt KC running read options , waa waa waa waa" shove that up your ass RG3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i think he is a huge diva , that unsubstantiated claims about him not wanting to run certain plays was certainly out there but shanny put his name to it so it does carry weight with me

that is my hole point about these debates , un-named sources and things like that wreak of BS to me . now shanny has come out in public and said this is what happened . he isnt hiding and he is opening things up to a response

this time it was true or it strongly appears to be but now we should hear the other side soon enough because this will hit the headlines

now it appears Rg3 was acting like a whiny whore bitch and that in of in itself tells me he needs to go

"why isnt KC running read options , waa waa waa waa" shove that up your ass RG3

Welcome to the dark side Luke.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the dark side Luke.

all i have ever insisted upon is show me the facts . give me names

now others could respond the other way so we shall see but right now shanny put it out there

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got to finish the hole interview . Rg3 , to me didnt come off looking good at all

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow is all I can say. This was alarming to say the least. Had no idea the depths of Griffin's self absorbing attitude. It was easy to see that him and his dad had pulled the plug on the read option/pistol. Anyone could see that. There is no way Mike scraps an offense that led the league in rushing, which he loves to do and won him a division because he wants to start on the RG3 project. There was no way.

But Griffin using common Snyder language (unacceptable) while lying about his injury only to pin the whole thing on Mike a year later.

If you are the quarterback and the face of the franchise, you can't be a pariah in your own locker room. Just ask Jeff George and Jay Schroeder.

I don't think Griffin's personality is capable of fixing that in the immediate future. The Skins winning while Robert playing well is the only thing at this point that can start that process. Eeeeee

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan and Snyder were, both, to blame for the whole debacle. Now who was more to blame we'll never fully know. As always theres truth to one side and truth to the other party's story. Somewhere in the middle is what really happened.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan and Snyder were, both, to blame for the whole debacle. Now who was more to blame we'll never fully know. As always theres truth to one side and truth to the other party's story. Somewhere in the middle is what really happened.

Don't forget the front office, Danny Boy and Dr Andrew. It was a multi prong mess up all around :(

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my concern. Shanahan is a Super Bowl winning coach. If he couldn't manage to limit Dan's negative influence with the supposed "total" control he has, what chance do guys like Scot or Jay have?

Dan views the redskins as his toy chest and RG3 is is latest toy. When he tires of him, and he will, he will cast him aside and buy a new toy. Just ask Lavar or Portis. But before that happens, a couple of good NFL guys will lose their jobs and we will continue our losing culture.

Who believes now that Jay's announcement that RG3 is the starter going into next year was his decision?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found that interview both revealing and confirmation. Most of what I heard yesterday confirms stories we have heard from multiple source. And this is exactly why you do not discount anonymous sources. Again Deep Throat was an anonymous source. They remain anonymous for obvious reasons, that does not mean they do not speak the truth. And when you hear it from so many different sources, well......

As the biggest Griffin supporter here I believed a lot of what I heard yesterday. And I also buy a lot of what is being said in this thread. There should be no question by now that Griffin acted like a douche. He lied to the coach about the injury, then threw him under the bus when he got hurt. He clearly walked in and demanded plays not be run. He actually got bent when Kirk did not run the read option When 2 different coaching staffs as well as the locker room, hate your guys that says it all.

With that said I will always put the blame on Shanny for keeping Griffin in during the Seattle game. I do however believe him when he says Dr. Andrews assured him that he was OK. I also understand the shit storm that Griffin would have caused had he been pulled, see the Baltimore and Cleveland games. So he was in a pretty tough spot for sure. Still he was the head coach and it was his call. But he was also 2 minutes from getting away with it if not for a bad snap by that clown Montgomery.