• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seriously, how does Saban do it?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oatmeal Creme Pies OP
1367005103.png

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2008, he's brought in the #1 recruiting class every year except in '10. How does he do it? I don't think there has ever been a coach that could recruit like Saban. Not Bowden, Paterno, Osborne, Spurrier, etc. hell, Mack Brown pulled in the #1 ranked class only one time while at Texas. The only coach that came close to being a master recruiter like that was Pete Carroll and we all know what happened to USC eventually. What's even more impressive is Saban is pulling the best athletes from around the country.

Saban also appears to be a major prick, but he could be totally different behind closed doors for all I know. Just looks like a guy players would hate to play for. Looks like he has the #1 recruiting class so far for 2015. Just amazing and unheard of.....

I am more shocked that he actually loses games considering he gets the best players every single year.

The fact that he loses against teams with less talent tells me a lot.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am more shocked that he actually loses games considering he gets the best players every single year.

Unless you are a dumbass, it says that there is more to winning football games than talent, and even while you bring in the #1 class, it doesn't mean the #2 class or even the #20 class sucks - because they don't.

Of course, you being a moral victory dumbass, you'll keep on with your narrative.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really just like how kids flock to Kentucky to play basketball now.

It's the cool thing to do. That's how kids are. They couldn't give a shit less about anything other than what's the cool thing to do right now.

It's a good bit of this. People like and want to be a winners. Nick Saban and Alabama have all the hype for that, and right now it's the place you want to be.

Shit won't last forever so I'm just enjoying every last second of it before some new hot spot kicks up.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What? You dont believe in.the any given day any team principle ? It takes a great coach to meld and mold all those prima donna talents he gets. Last years team had alot of "me" players that didnt buy into the team concept. Same with 2010. This years team is a team concept group.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, the guys won 3 nattys in 7 years and has a chance for #4 in his 8th year. Guys the definition of a great coach.

But props to you. This oughta rile a few gumps up. :lol:

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2008, he's brought in the #1 recruiting class every year except in '10. How does he do it? I don't think there has ever been a coach that could recruit like Saban. Not Bowden, Paterno, Osborne, Spurrier, etc. hell, Mack Brown pulled in the #1 ranked class only one time while at Texas. The only coach that came close to being a master recruiter like that was Pete Carroll and we all know what happened to USC eventually. What's even more impressive is Saban is pulling the best athletes from around the country.

Saban also appears to be a major prick, but he could be totally different behind closed doors for all I know. Just looks like a guy players would hate to play for. Looks like he has the #1 recruiting class so far for 2015. Just amazing and unheard of.....

Please explain.. Oh and BTW. It's really tough to compete with 75 to 85 every year.. You can expect to see some competition for that # 1 trophy in the very near future

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you are a dumbass, it says that there is more to winning football games than talent, and even while you bring in the #1 class, it doesn't mean the #2 class or even the #20 class sucks - because they don't.

Of course, you being a moral victory dumbass, you'll keep on with your narrative.

So what you are saying (minus your meltdown name calling) is that Saban isnt able to keep his players playing up to their potential at all times even though he always has the better talent.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you are saying (minus your meltdown name calling) is that Saban isnt able to keep his players playing up to their potential at all times even though he always has the better talent.

You mean like he constantly says is his biggest challenge publicly all the time and talks about how hard it is to keep players hungry after they win so much? He doesn't go more than a week without saying I think.

And even then he is widely considered one of the best in being able to do that considering the success Alabama has had over the past 6 years. It's what the entire process everyone else tries to mimic is about. Playing to a standard rather than it being about just finding ways to win games and being happy with that etc.

Like I said, you're a dumbass. It was a statement of fact, not a meltdown. Who the fuck else is dumb enough not to recognize one of the most difficult things for ALL coaches in football to deal with? Of course, it's the guy who is constantly bringing the quality of the discussion down - a pissed off at the world dumbass.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like he constantly says is his biggest challenge publicly all the time and talks about how hard it is to keep players hungry after they win so much? He doesn't go more than a week without saying I think.

And even then he is widely considered one of the best in being able to do that considering the success Alabama has had over the past 6 years. It's what the entire process everyone else tries to mimic is about. Playing to a standard rather than it being about just finding ways to win games and being happy with that etc.

Like I said, you're a dumbass. It was a statement of fact, not a meltdown. Who the fuck else is dumb enough not to recognize one of the most difficult things for ALL coaches in football to deal with? Of course, it's the guy who is constantly bringing the quality of the discussion down - a pissed off at the world dumbass.

You seem angry that despite saban having the best players every year he still manages to lose games to less talented teams. Calling people names must make you feel better.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem angry that despite saban having the best players every year he still manages to lose games to less talented teams. Calling people names must make you feel better.

Well I think one has to keep in mind that these are still kids were talking about.

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama is 84-10 since 08. Name any great team in any sport, and they'll have a few losses.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:pop2:

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fiddle-Sticks!

I'm all ruffled and out of sort.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama is 84-10 since 08. Name any great team in any sport, and they'll have a few losses.

I dont recall college teams getting the best players in so many consecutive years. Ky basketball seems different because they leave after one year.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont recall college teams getting the best players in so many consecutive years. Ky basketball seems different because they leave after one year.

Hmm. Do some interesting research for us. Find out recruiting rankings compared to following year results and let's see what it looks like over say the past 5 or 6 seasons.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. Do some interesting research for us. Find out recruiting rankings compared to following year results and let's see what it looks like over say the past 5 or 6 seasons.

Tennessee and USC fans just got sad.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I have said many times on this board, Saban is the best recruiter in the country but not the best coach. Coaches that get their players to perform above their ability are by far better. When you have the better talent by far in all but what 2 or 3 games a year you don't not have to work as hard or be as good as the coaches who have the worse talent 10 games a year.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The system kind of feeds off of itself. Some of these players immediately get a bump in recruiting rankings when certain teams offer them. Alabama happens to be one of those teams.

That being said, Saban is a good CEO. He evaluates assistant coaches well, keeps players focused, and gets all of the pieces put together to win.

It's not like having the top recruiting classes puts Alabama head-and-shoulders above everybody. Only one of their NC's has been an undefeated season. That's why I don't go so far as saying they're the best CFB dynasty ever.