• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seriously, enough already!

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Studies also show, Homes with fathers in them are less likely to have abused children

https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/usermanuals/fatherhood/chapterthree.cfm

but sure, lets keep targeting men...

I'm all for fathers in the house, no doubt. But a switch? Stop it. And leaving lasting marks? Tells me Adrian has some problems that are more to do with him than the behavior of his children.

To go in a different direction, these guys should all be suspended and DEFINITELY NOT playing. Having a job where you make millions is a privilege and proper behavior is and should be expected. Doesn't matter if it is playing sports or being a CEO. There's always someone who can replace you.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, if im "twisting" facts, please feel free to quote my contradictory statments. Its 100% based on facts, its just a section of american men still have visions of pie baking, goody-two-shoes, innocent feeble woman. When in reality women of today are a far cry from that image. They are more violent, and more manipulative... hence why most men pissed off about crap like this case when the system is biased against men even though women are the perpetrators of most "taboos"... I wont even get into the fact 80% of women file for divorce, and women are more likey to be unfaithful during marriage, and more likely to abuse children...

I will respond to this when I get a chance. Do not have the time at the moment. Have some things do today (Getting married next week) but I will respond. I have read all the links and I think the numbers are misleading and while I am not saying all of it is wrong I see some things differently and will explain my opinions when I get a chance.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time domestic abuse received such national media attention? I think I can safely say never. I do admit to sometimes getting tired of hearing about it every time I turn on ESPN but I can simply turn the channel. However......Domestic Abuse is now getting the exposure that should have happened a long time ago.

There are a lot of terrified women and children out there and this is a serious issue. You have a problem with the exposure the turn the channel and STFU because to be honest I am more tired of listening to those whining about the exposure than the actual legit story.

As someone who has set up a donation pipeline to a womens shelter (though closed down now) that shit is real and to see little kids who's mommas had to go there...tear jerker. Have a 4 year old girl ask you if you are going to bring food for her......domestic abuse whether on women, children or even men is wrong and should be rooted out and then stomped out. I am wanting to see the NFL do exactly what their doing right now. Go big or go home on this issue roger.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erk, you may dissagree with spankings, I do not. Id much rather peterson spank his kid with something that equates to switch-grass, than have the kid grow up dead, jailed or both. We dont live in the same america bud. Maybe if kids got butt whoopins they wouldn't be shooting up schools and cursing out thier moms in the walmart froz3n food isle... ijs

What AP did ws not a butt whoopin. I have been apart of many of those as a kid and I have had to dish it out only a few times as a parent. My dad did not leave mars or make it so I could walk a week later. Never would I do what he did to his kid. You don't need to do that to a 4 year old to get your point across. I have a stbborn 4 year old that all I got to do is tell him and show him exacetly his boundries and he stays with in them. What he did is child abuse.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have children, and dont want any. Imo, 4 is a little young to get hardcore spankings, but its no-ones business imo. The idea of kids in some cases being taken away because parents yell at them, or spank them, or in extreme cases when parents change doctors after a disagreement with course of treatment, its getting out of hand. If AD did cross the line, thats a family matter not a National Football League one, imagine your boss suspending you from work because you spanked your kid, or got into a public spat with your spouse. Im just dont think employers or government have a place in any part of family matters. Fvck the nanny state.

But im done on this subject. Thank you guys for the conversation, I respect everyones opinion even if I dissagree with you. Its FOOTBALL DAY!!! LOL

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have children, and dont want any. Imo, 4 is a little young to get hardcore spankings, but its no-ones business imo. The idea of kids in some cases being taken away because parents yell at them, or spank them, or in extreme cases when parents change doctors after a disagreement with course of treatment, its getting out of hand. If AD did cross the line, thats a family matter not a National Football League one, imagine your boss suspending you from work because you spanked your kid, or got into a public spat with your spouse. Im just dont think employers or government have a place in any part of family matters. Fvck the nanny state.

But im done on this subject. Thank you guys for the conversation, I respect everyones opinion even if I dissagree with you. Its FOOTBALL DAY!!! LOL

I don't care about AP, I do care that his kids don't get seriously hurt because everyone looked the other way. Same with other kids who's parents arn't rich or famous. For that I am glad the NFL has stepped in.

I do get were you want to see the more football news and less news on these subjects.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick, quote me where I gave ray rice a pass. My point was, I dont care becuase women assault men at higher rates and rarely are arrested and charged. I dont wish violence on anyone, I just believe women are my and every mans equal and should be treated just as you would a guy who breaks the law. Imo, that point is absolute and completely justified as an expectation. I would never condone assault on someone, but once a person assaults another, regardless of gender; they lose the right to claim "victim" status.

How many men are in shelters because of a violent wife or woman? How many men have restraining orders filed against women? Those are the most important facts and tell a better story! Women are not equal in strength to a pro football player. Try to accept that!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disclaimer: I am not saying there is no domestic violence against men. What I am saying is that women endure more terror than men and there are major differences between the two.

With that said.....
My response will be with the blog report that speedy linked.

First off..... It is not the actual report of the CDC report. The actual report can be found here NISVS Summary Reports|National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey|Funded Programs|Violence Prevention|Injury Center|CDC and it paints a different picture than the “blogger” you quoted. When you look at the overall number it will tell you that there seems to 50/50 argument can be valid. However if you break it down into severity then a different picture emerges.

Stalking – Women outnumber the stalking victims (3.3 mil to 520k) and I can assure you stalking is a major terror to some people.

Physical Violence – This where men outnumber women as victims (5.3 mil to 4.7) but when you look at the severity things change. So let’s look at it in sub categories.

Slapped – Men outnumber the women (3.1 mil to 1.8 mil)
Pushed or shoved – Men outnumber women by a very small margin (4.2 mil to 4 mil)
Hit with fist or something hard – Again very close men lead again (1.5 mil to 1.2 mil)

Now we are about to hit the more severe categories of domestic abuse that this is where we find major differences.

Choking or suffocating – Women lead with 1.1 mil. There is no data for men on this.
Beaten – Women lead in this (822k to 376k)

Here are some other stats to point out that I think are really relevant. The data listed is estimates based on the reported data.

Concern for safety - Women Lead (26 mil to 5 mil)
PTSD Symptoms – Women (26 mil to 5 mil)
Injury - Women (17 mil to 4 mil)
Need Medical care – Women (9 mil to 1.7 mil)
Housing services – Women (2.9 mil to 489k)
Victim advocate services - Women (3.1 mil to no data to report)
Contacted Crisis Hotline – Women (2.1 mil to no data to report)

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disclaimer: I am not saying there is no domestic violence against men. What I am saying is that women endure more terror than men and there are major differences between the two.

With that said.....
My response will be with the blog report that speedy linked.

First off..... It is not the actual report of the CDC report. The actual report can be found here NISVS Summary Reports|National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey|Funded Programs|Violence Prevention|Injury Center|CDC and it paints a different picture than the “blogger” you quoted. When you look at the overall number it will tell you that there seems to 50/50 argument can be valid. However if you break it down into severity then a different picture emerges.

Stalking – Women outnumber the stalking victims (3.3 mil to 520k) and I can assure you stalking is a major terror to some people.

Physical Violence – This where men outnumber women as victims (5.3 mil to 4.7) but when you look at the severity things change. So let’s look at it in sub categories.

Slapped – Men outnumber the women (3.1 mil to 1.8 mil)
Pushed or shoved – Men outnumber women by a very small margin (4.2 mil to 4 mil)
Hit with fist or something hard – Again very close men lead again (1.5 mil to 1.2 mil)

Now we are about to hit the more severe categories of domestic abuse that this is where we find major differences.

Choking or suffocating – Women lead with 1.1 mil. There is no data for men on this.
Beaten – Women lead in this (822k to 376k)

Here are some other stats to point out that I think are really relevant. The data listed is estimates based on the reported data.

Concern for safety - Women Lead (26 mil to 5 mil)
PTSD Symptoms – Women (26 mil to 5 mil)
Injury - Women (17 mil to 4 mil)
Need Medical care – Women (9 mil to 1.7 mil)
Housing services – Women (2.9 mil to 489k)
Victim advocate services - Women (3.1 mil to no data to report)
Contacted Crisis Hotline – Women (2.1 mil to no data to report)

Good stuff! Being informed of the facts is crucial in making up ones mind. Although in some cases people do not listen to the facts.