• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seriously, enough already!

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you are what you were complaining about originally.

Eagles 6.5 point favorites btw.
I know... I got sucked in... but my point is still, keep this away from football.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A professional athlete making millions should know that he/she is in the public eye. There is an image to uphold. When they start hurting women and children it will make the news. If sports venues do not address these situations then they will be suspected of a so what attitude. So it is going to be news when these things occur. This type of exposure can help to cause other athletes to think twice and restrain themselves from making the same mistakes. As a sports fan I prefer to be informed. But I can choose to pay attention to things that interest me or not.

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope my daughters never date a jerkoff like you speedy. If any guy did what rice did to one of them, i'd be i jail and tbey'd be dead or hospitalized. Theres never a reason to hit a woman if you're a man.

I also would never find it necessary to beat my kids with a weapon. Especially when they were 4.

Theres no justification for any of the actio s we've seen. No matter how you spin it. These guys should be held to a higher standard.

ErkTheJerk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope my daughters never date a jerkoff like you speedy.

It is kinda scary to be reminded that people like this walk among us.

So... a woman who slaps a guy during an argument immediately becomes a "man" who is subject to a relentless loss-of-consciousness beating??? Wow!

And that punk sombich 4-year-old only had small welts on him--no biggie! LOL! Guess what, if my grandson goes to school and it's discovered that he has little itty-bitty welts all over his body from my son-in-law, he is going to a big not-so-itty-bitty jail. Is it national news? No, because my son-in-law is not nationally known.

I guess if Speedy was a big Harry Potter fan and it comes out that the three main kid actors were ******ed by the director, he'd be pissed at the media for talking about it because it diminishes his enjoyment of watching the movies in rerun. After all, if those kids weren't so dang cute...

I thought we watched Speedy grow up over the past decade. I guess not.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My frustration is about having what seems like 90% of the news be about conduct off the field...

Yes, it's incredibly important that issues like domestic/child abuse be covered and handled correctly. But is this the correct format for this discussion?

I'm not sure that 24/7 coverage on the Football networks, that are often providing sensationalistic style 'sound bites' helps the legal process in any way. In fact, in some ways it's hurts the judicial process by pre judging many things that are not even known.

To be judged in the court of public opinion before all facts are known is quite dangerous to the premise of presumed innocent until proven guilty. IMHO

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, for the last two weeks its been wall to wall off the field family issues being reported by "media" outlets. Im done, can I get actual news, and not some stupid non story about how ray rice punched the same woman that punched him twice before they got into the elevator, or the fact Adrian Peterson's "baby momma" cares more about getting more money, than having a father in her childs life. This is NOT NEWS! what about football? What about league injuries, who is banged up, who is playing well, what are players game reactions etc. S8nce when did espn become cnn or foxnews? I WAITED ALL DAMN OFFSEASON FIR FOOTBALL, AND THIS IS WHAT I GET!!!!

[End rant]

So let me get this straight. You're sick of all the talk about off-the-field issues instead of football. But then you start a thread about it on a board that wasn't even discussing any of that stuff until you brought it here? Mmmkay. Just wanted to make sure I had it right. You many now carry on talking about equal rights and black women instead of football.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time domestic abuse received such national media attention? I think I can safely say never. I do admit to sometimes getting tired of hearing about it every time I turn on ESPN but I can simply turn the channel. However......Domestic Abuse is now getting the exposure that should have happened a long time ago.

There are a lot of terrified women and children out there and this is a serious issue. You have a problem with the exposure the turn the channel and STFU because to be honest I am more tired of listening to those whining about the exposure than the actual legit story.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope my daughters never date a jerkoff like you speedy. If any guy did what rice did to one of them, i'd be i jail and tbey'd be dead or hospitalized. Theres never a reason to hit a woman if you're a man.

I also would never find it necessary to beat my kids with a weapon. Especially when they were 4.

Theres no justification for any of the actio s we've seen. No matter how you spin it. These guys should be held to a higher standard.

SPOT ON!

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time domestic abuse received such national media attention? I think I can safely say never. I do admit to sometimes getting tired of hearing about it every time I turn on ESPN but I can simply turn the channel. However......Domestic Abuse is now getting the exposure that should have happened a long time ago.

There are a lot of terrified women and children out there and this is a serious issue. You have a problem with the exposure the turn the channel and STFU because to be honest I am more tired of listening to those whining about the exposure than the actual legit story.

Some people do not want to accept the truth. But unless it is faced there is no moving forward. I suspect that some of these players may have a substance abuse problem such as alcohol or drugs which could add to poor decisions. Whether they do or not all should have to attend a 6 month anger management course. IMO.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love my DVR. I just record the sport news and fast forward through the crap I don't want to see. Some people can't get enough so they will feed them. After all, they are programming what you watch around the advertising they want you to see.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great! I wouldn't want to date a woman whos father didnt teach her that behaving like a mentally disabled child, thus assaulting another human beibg might lead to them being fended off.

Pretty simple really, keep your damn hands to yourself. Stop being Mysogonistic and realize gender has no eyes under law. Men are abused, shot, stabbed and assaulted everyday. If a woman never assaults me they have nothing to worry about. And funny thing is MOST women agree with me / like me... who wudda thunk that women actually like un - neutered men? Weird huh?

Nobody, should be hitting anybody, and if someone assaults another, the offender doesn't get a say in hiw the victim responds. So if your little girl went crazy, grabbed a weapon and charged me, at best she'd need be drinking out of a straw for a year. Again im 6"1 245lbs and my avatar is my photo. If a woman is crazy enough to break the law and attack me, shes crazy enough to need dental work...

Again, ive never hit a woman EVER, Ive been in some bad spots where im sure most guys would have, but the only time you have a right to hit someone if you are being attacked furst... male/female is irrelevant.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except, men are abused at higher rates and men are routinely screwed over by the system... but go ahead feel free to continue the incorrect propaganda push...

Last edited by a moderator:

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is kinda scary to be reminded that people like this walk among us.

So... a woman who slaps a guy during an argument immediately becomes a "man" who is subject to a relentless loss-of-consciousness beating??? Wow!

And that punk sombich 4-year-old only had small welts on him--no biggie! LOL! Guess what, if my grandson goes to school and it's discovered that he has little itty-bitty welts all over his body from my son-in-law, he is going to a big not-so-itty-bitty jail. Is it national news? No, because my son-in-law is not nationally known.

I guess if Speedy was a big Harry Potter fan and it comes out that the three main kid actors were ******ed by the director, he'd be pissed at the media for talking about it because it diminishes his enjoyment of watching the movies in rerun. After all, if those kids weren't so dang cute...

I thought we watched Speedy grow up over the past decade. I guess not.
Erk, you may dissagree with spankings, I do not. Id much rather peterson spank his kid with something that equates to switch-grass, than have the kid grow up dead, jailed or both. We dont live in the same america bud. Maybe if kids got butt whoopins they wouldn't be shooting up schools and cursing out thier moms in the walmart froz3n food isle... ijs

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erk, you may dissagree with spankings, I do not. Id much rather peterson spank his kid with something that equates to switch-grass, than have the kid grow up dead, jailed or both. We dont live in the same america bud. Maybe if kids got butt whoopins they wouldn't be shooting up schools and cursing out thier moms in the walmart froz3n food isle... ijs

I don't think there is anything wrong with spanking. I think if used properly it can have positive results in raising children.

However.....taking your 4 year old child outside, stripping him naked and then beating him with a switch is not spanking that is beating and it is abuse.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except, men are abused at higher rates and men are routinely screwed over by the system... but go ahead feel free to continue the incorrect propaganda push...

I read your links and it is funny that you tell me to continue the incorrect propaganda push. Yet I read your links and you are doing nothing but trying to twist it. My opinion is your are the one using propaganda to spew bullshit.

No I am not saying that women can't be abusers. I know they can be abusers not only against men but against children as well. I know the difference but I am not the one here making excuses for men who are abusing women.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Speedy here is a challenge for you. Name one person here that said that absolved Rice's wife of anything.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick, quote me where I gave ray rice a pass. My point was, I dont care becuase women assault men at higher rates and rarely are arrested and charged. I dont wish violence on anyone, I just believe women are my and every mans equal and should be treated just as you would a guy who breaks the law. Imo, that point is absolute and completely justified as an expectation. I would never condone assault on someone, but once a person assaults another, regardless of gender; they lose the right to claim "victim" status.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, if im "twisting" facts, please feel free to quote my contradictory statments. Its 100% based on facts, its just a section of american men still have visions of pie baking, goody-two-shoes, innocent feeble woman. When in reality women of today are a far cry from that image. They are more violent, and more manipulative... hence why most men pissed off about crap like this case when the system is biased against men even though women are the perpetrators of most "taboos"... I wont even get into the fact 80% of women file for divorce, and women are more likey to be unfaithful during marriage, and more likely to abuse children...