• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Serious question about Lebron and the Cavs

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lebron doesnt ever bring a title to the Cavs, will they ever win one? He is arguably one of the greatest of all time, if he is not able to do it, can anyone?

Im curious from the Cavs fans point of view what you think.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lebron doesnt ever bring a title to the Cavs, will they ever win one? He is arguably one of the greatest of all time, if he is not able to do it, can anyone?

You need to give this team at least 3 or 4 more years before even entertaining this question. The Cavs experienced very bad luck in terms of injuries during the playoffs. I would not have been shocked if the Cavs swept or at least dominated the Warriors if both Love & Irving were healthy during the finals. Also "ever" is a pretty strong word. Nobody knows which teams will do well 5+ years from now in the NBA or any league.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Kyrie and Love were healthy, i dont think they would have won. They actually played much better defense with those 2 out. You put them in and you have no defense and GS has the ability to score more. Not to mention with those 2 in, that way less touches for Lebron.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever is a really long time.

But I will say that if they don't win a title with LeBron... it does seem unlikely that they will win one for quite a while.

I can't imagine any scenario in which they don't win a title and LeBron leaves or retires and the team isn't left in total and complete rebuilding mode. You never know... but that's usually how it works.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cavs chances both now and post Lebron are tied to Kyrie. In the finals that just ended, we saw Lebron put together what was arguably the greatest individual performance in history and it wasn't enough. I don't know if a healthy Kyrie gets the Cavs a title, but I'd have liked their chances a whole lot better.

If Kyrie's injury issues can be put behind him and he stays in Cleveland after Lebron gets old and/or retires, then he may be enough to attract other top FA's to Cleveland to keep them in the hunt. However, if he remains injury plagued or chooses to leave when his contract is up, the Cavs will go back to where they were before they got Lebron the first time.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Kyrie and Love were healthy, i dont think they would have won. They actually played much better defense with those 2 out. You put them in and you have no defense and GS has the ability to score more. Not to mention with those 2 in, that way less touches for Lebron.

You are buying into the myth perpetuated by the media (& I am in no way a Cavs fan). You saw most of the Cavs players exposed during the last several games of the finals. Yes - perhaps they hustled a bit more & played decent defense. However - on offense most of these guys were a joke & eventually several were also exposed on defense. In no way is this team better w/o Love & Irving.

Also - due to being pushed into action several of these guys might be better in the future & combined w/ more players could result in a better overall team. It would be foolish to think that the Cavs team that just played in the Finals is the better overall team or even close.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - to the OP - please come clean. Are you stating this objectively or does the fact that you are a Heat fan factor into your opinions? I am a Wizards fan & would not be unhappy if the Cavs didn't improve & just showed everyone their best possible performance. However - I am trying to be objective & portray an accurate take on the situation.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys cant do it alone

Wade won 3 championships. He has Shaq for one and Lebron/Bosh for the other two. Lebron had no help in the finals on offense besides Mozgov who didn't even play a game cause of our coach.

I agree if we don't get one within the next 4 years the odds decrease. But this thread seems premature. Also, who knows who we land in the draft and are able to pair with Kyrie (if he stays) and TT.

The better question would be: Can the Cavs get the pieces around Lebron to bring a championship to Cleveland? The answer to that so far has been no (injuries were brutal last year tho).

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course they can win a title after LeBron leaves. It's a different sport, but look at my San Francisco Giants. We had one of the greatest players ever, but we have now won three World Series since the Bonds era.

Of course, I give all due credit to both Bonds and LeBron. Bonds helped build up the Giants. Even if the Cavs never win with LeBron, he's done a lot to help that franchise rise from the ashes.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season is going to be Cavs' best roster in history IMO. After this season, I doubt if they can improve this team to a better one. So this coming season will be DO or DIE for LeBron who's going to be 31 already.

PS: SPURS....