• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: SERiES THREAD:HOUSTON ROCKETS VS PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite frankly I believe the better team beat Houston. Last week, I predicted that Houston would not get past the second round and was wondering if they could get past Portland. Howard is a good player, but I don't think he has the drive and push in him to get to the next level and until he does that - he will never get to the finals again.

Why are you so obsessed with Dwight? Did you even watch the game? He had nothing to do with Houston losing tonight as he was their best overall player

Dwight numbers in this series
G1 27,15, and 4
G2 32, 14, and 4
G3 24, 14, and 2
G4 25, 14, and 2

On top of that he's been shooting free throws pretty good since game 1 but Lakers fan logic is yeah let me blame Dwight even though he's been putting up dominant numbers in the series :lame:

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you actually really believe that the better team never loses??

Seriously????

Shirley you jest.....:lol:

Yes, that's why there is scoring in sports. Because the team with the most points wins therefore was the better team that night.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can facepalm all you want, but I honestly believe people who say "Oh the better team lost tonight" are just trying to make themselves feel better.

People who claim stats in these types of arguments forget the most important stat... The score.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you so obsessed with Dwight? Did you even watch the game? He had nothing to do with Houston losing tonight as he was their best overall player

Dwight numbers in this series
G1 27,15, and 4
G2 32, 14, and 4
G3 24, 14, and 2
G4 25, 14, and 2

On top of that he's been shooting free throws pretty good since game 1 but Lakers fan logic is yeah let me blame Dwight even though he's been putting up dominant numbers in the series :lame:

There's no question that Dwight and Harden is the best that Houston has got, but with all due respect -That's all they got. If they had a good point guard instead Lin, I think they would win. That's why I say the better team won. I like what Portland has - they have a better team that plays team ball better. With some experience I think they will be a really good team.

One more thing - Howard's free throw average 64.8% - Are you really calling that pretty good since game one?:L

Game 1 52%
Game 2 86%
Game 3 67%
Game 4 65%

His free throw shooting was good one night out of four games at the best - the rest of those games was crap. If Houston wants a championship - he simply has to convert nothing less then 75% 100% of the time.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can facepalm all you want, but I honestly believe people who say "Oh the better team lost tonight" are just trying to make themselves feel better.

People who claim stats in these types of arguments forget the most important stat... The score.

So according to your twisted logic....a team with less talent or mediocre coaching in any sport can never win on any given day or night? Why do you think there are things called underdogs & favorites?

I can give you hundreds of examples where the better team lost.

Also....do you believe in the concept of luck ??...or do you just feel like talking out your ass for the hell of it?

Last edited by a moderator:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's just upset because he knows we Lakers fans are going to gloat at Howard's early departure into the playoffs after dissing the Lakers last summer for greener pastures:lol:

And a year from now - there is no guarantee that Howard will do any better than the Lakers.:lol:

I will agree that Houston is a good team and I think they played very well - They certainly are better then my Lakers, but I don't think Howard has been consistent enough in the post. Had he played in the first two games like he did at times to night - than Houston could easily be 3-1 against Portland, but If you are Portland - considering Howard has shot 65% free throw shooting for the most part - I would be going to Hack-A-Howard

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that's why there is scoring in sports. Because the team with the most points wins therefore was the better team that night.

So according to your twisted logic....a team with less talent or mediocre coaching in any sport can never win on any given day or night? Why do you think there are things called underdogs & favorites?

Also....do you believe in the concept of luck ??...or do you just feel like talking out your ass for hell of it?

Look at the first quote there...

I said the better team that NIGHT! :L

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also....do you believe in the concept of luck ??...or do you just feel like talking out your ass for the hell of it?

You mean like the Sacramento Queens( Kings)
in 2002 when Robert Horry burned the two games in a row with lucky as hell 3 point shots?:lol::lol:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no question that Dwight and Harden is the best that Houston has got, but with all due respect -That's all they got. If they had a good point guard instead Lin, I think they would win. That's why I say the better team won. I like what Portland has - they have a better team that plays team ball better. With some experience I think they will be a really good team.

One more thing - Howard's free throw average 64.8% - Are you really calling that pretty good since game one?:L

Game 1 52%
Game 2 86%
Game 3 67%
Game 4 65%

His free throw shooting was good one night out of four games at the best - the rest of those games was crap. If Houston wants a championship - he simply has to convert nothing less then 75% 100% of the time.

Crap? No. While 67 and 65% isn't good it sure isn't crap. And they are both well above his season average at the line. You are reaching here.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of you crazy kids need to stop smoking so much of that shit...and go to sleep already....it's probably way past some of your bedtimes.

lol

:laugh3: - I would love to argue you and say the better team always wins, but I know better and sometimes a team gets lucky. It is a random sport that takes 48 minutes to play. Last year the Spurs were something like 12 seconds away from sending the Heat away without a title and shot with a Hail Mary by Ray Allen ripped the Spurs hearts right out of their bodies. :lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap? No. While 67 and 65% isn't good it sure isn't crap. And they are both well above his season average at the line. You are reaching here.

For Howard 67 and 65 was above average, but mixed with the 55% and then the 85% - my point to basketballer is that Howard hasn't been shooting pretty good free throws in the playoffs. That's what he said - well I don't consider 65% to be pretty good. Any less than 80% is going to be enough to cost you games in the playoffs and is below average in my opinion. I simply think Howard has got to learn free throws if he want's to take his game to the next level - He's a good player, but he's not the Superman that Shaq Oneal was and he isn't consistent.

He had some really good moments tonight when he dominated -if he ever gets consistent with that - Houston will no doubt be a top 4 team in the standings and win some series

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: - I would love to argue you and say the better team always wins, but I know better and sometimes a team gets lucky. It is a random sport that takes 48 minutes to play. Last year the Spurs were something like 12 seconds away from sending the Heat away without a title and shot with a Hail Mary by Ray Allen ripped the Spurs hearts right out of their bodies. :lol:

I'm not trying to argue w/ you or anyone...I'm just being pragmatic..and even history proves me right.

It's all good.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to argue w/ you or anyone...I'm just being pragmatic..and even history proves me right.

It's all good.

Oh I know it:laugh3: - You're okay with me - I was just wishing out loud that that the best has always won - but unfortunately I know it isn't so. Either way the Lakers have some nice trophies with and without being the better team and they are keeping them:lol:

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know it:laugh3: - You're okay with me - I was just wishing out loud that that the best has always won - but unfortunately I know it isn't so. Either way the Lakers have some nice trophies with and without being the better team and they are keeping them:lol:

In the midst of all that I had said this evening. I did say that the score shows that the better team won that night regardless of records.

So when people say the better team lost tonight, well apparently not if they lost that night.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the midst of all that I had said this evening. I did say that the score shows that the better team won that night regardless of records.

So when people say the better team lost tonight, well apparently not if they lost that night.

Personally I think you're right most of the time, but I do acknowledge that there has been times when the worst team simply played the best and got lucky - IN THIS CASE, HOWEVER - I THINK PORTLAND IS A BETTER TEAM THAN HOUSTON. I don't think Portland got lucky three games out of 4 and won. I think Portland has played more consistently for the entire 48 minutes. Yes Houston was better than Portland for parts of the game, but not for the entire 48 minutes. I think it's over for Houston - they have to regroup

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think you're right most of the time, but I do acknowledge that there has been times when the worst team simply played the best and got lucky - IN THIS CASE, HOWEVER - I THINK PORTLAND IS A BETTER TEAM THAN HOUSTON. I don't think Portland got lucky three games out of 4 and won. I think Portland has played more consistently for the entire 48 minutes. Yes Houston was better than Portland for parts of the game, but not for the entire 48 minutes. I think it's over for Houston - they have to regroup

Exactly.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston having trouble late in games? Who could have predicted that BK?