• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Serena shows the world her true colors

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he can comprehend any of what you just stated, with his very limited tunnel vision that may be shrinking even more day by day. swimming in a sea of opprobrium Could do that to you.

I have more information on my pretty little fingers and I am more knowledgeable than both of you put together and you know it.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. So Federer tells the umpire he doesn't give a shit or fuck to him and you guys think he was complimenting the umpire? Did you hear Serena use foul language? Serena telling the umpire she would make sure he is not involved in any match involving Serena is a threat when Serena has absolutely no power over who officiates a match? Now ask yourself what happened when Andy Murray told the same referee the same thing. Was it a threat then? You guys are ridiculous.

serena threatened and called the umpire names, on national tv, and continued her tirade for 6 games. their is no comparison to that and federer saying shit. serena probably needs some counseling.

serena claiming she is fighting for women's rights is funny, considering how badly she treats other women.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
serena threatened and called the umpire names, on national tv, and continued her tirade for 6 games. their is no comparison to that and federer saying shit. serena probably needs some counseling.

serena claiming she is fighting for women's rights is funny, considering how badly she treats other women.

How did Serena threaten the umpire when she has no power to reschedule umpires? Be specific. Serena didn't use foul words " I don't give a shit; " and "don't fucking tell me what I can say" Federer did telling the umpire and no code violation was assessed. He broke his racket and even started eliciting boos from the crowd but no code violation. You have your fucking face planted right up federer's ass.
Serena told the referee he was a thief taking an unwarranted point from her. Is it worse than Federer telling an umpire he should not fucking tell him what to do or he doesn't give a shit what he thinks? GTFOH.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you! Only the head with the most dense brain is impervious to that solid logic!! He has been guzzling shell gasoline for a long time and that is one of the bad side effects!

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe this thread reached 21 pages. The points made on both sides are so convincing that everyone probably has the opposite opinion from the start of the thread.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe this thread reached 21 pages. The points made on both sides are so convincing that everyone probably has the opposite opinion from the start of the thread.

I disagree with that. I think.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea it would snowball into an Indiana Jones Chasing Boulder but this is nothing compared to the number of YouTube videos dedicated to critiquing Serena.

She has her own set of writers as well applauding her “Women’s right” fighting activities through that loss.

She is also heralded as a hero for every mother and a role model to their newborn, unborn and bratty and old enough daughters who will undoubtedly carry their attitude to new heights and push boundaries to fight alongside her for the injustices done toward women.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I only jumped in when I saw the unfairness of the one-sided berating of a black woman especially by a lot of posters who do not have a clue about tennis bt chose to participate just because it was the greatest woman tennis player who happened to be a black woman.
I used to post in PF until I was booted out of there and cognizant of the fact that nobody's mind can be changed from a post in a message board.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea it would snowball into an Indiana Jones Chasing Boulder but this is nothing compared to the number of YouTube videos dedicated to critiquing Serena.

She has her own set of writers as well applauding her “Women’s right” fighting activities through that loss.

She is also heralded as a hero for every mother and a role model to their newborn, unborn and bratty and old enough daughters who will undoubtedly carry their attitude to new heights and push boundaries to fight alongside her for the injustices done toward women.

Of course you do, you lying clown. It is the reason you keep bumping the thread with the same circuitous arguments knowing you get a lot of assist from the same non-tennis fans who will populate this thread to give you thumbs up.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you do, you lying clown. It is the reason you keep bumping the thread with the same circuitous arguments knowing you get a lot of assist from the same non-tennis fans who will populate this thread to give you thumbs up.
Actually liberal bacon, to be fair I forgot all about the thread but you reawaken the whole history class here with your lame bleatings from time to time and we are all reminded how bad this was for Serena. ESPN has gone all silento on her and are covering the Laver cup, with some trace of common sense not to keep defending her.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/2018/09/25/claressa-shields-serena-williams/1422888002/

Serena Williams lost a fan in boxing star Claressa Shields. Here's how

World champion boxer Claressa Shields says an “upsetting” meeting with 23-time grand slam champion Serena Williams at the 2016 Rio Olympics led her to stop idolizing the “mean” and “unfriendly” star.

During a teleconference on Tuesday for the announcement of her next championship fight, Shields was asked who her role models are in the sports world. She was bummed while telling the story about meeting her childhood idol.

"Well, one used to be Serena Williams," Shields, 23, said. "She used to be. I was able to meet Serena at the 2016 Olympics. She was just not nice.

"For me to look up to her like I did when I was a kid and then meet her in person and see how she's not fan-friendly, (that was upsetting)."

"She was kind of mean to a lot of people at the Olympics and just kind of made me not want to be like her," Shields said. "Because I'm different. I'm a fan of her being a great athlete, just not a fan of her as a person, if that makes sense?"

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/2018/09/25/claressa-shields-serena-williams/1422888002/

World champion boxer Claressa Shields says an “upsetting” meeting with 23-time grand slam champion Serena Williams at the 2016 Rio Olympics led her to stop idolizing the “mean” and “unfriendly” star.

During a teleconference on Tuesday for the announcement of her next championship fight, Shields was asked who her role models are in the sports world. She was bummed while telling the story about meeting her childhood idol.

"Well, one used to be Serena Williams," Shields, 23, said. "She used to be. I was able to meet Serena at the 2016 Olympics. She was just not nice.

"For me to look up to her like I did when I was a kid and then meet her in person and see how she's not fan-friendly, (that was upsetting)."

"She was kind of mean to a lot of people at the Olympics and just kind of made me not want to be like her," Shields said. "Because I'm different. I'm a fan of her being a great athlete, just not a fan of her as a person, if that makes sense?"

Serena lost a fan.....she'll probably need a charity banquet so she can pay her bills and buy food.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serena lost a fan.....she'll probably need a charity banquet so she can pay her bills and buy food.

she'll probably cry sexism and racism.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you suppose Serena hasn't ever had to deal with racism?

i suppose we've all been subject to life's problems at one time or another.

she was a child prodigy granted a scholarship to the best academies available, and was a multimillionaire as a teenager. she's shows it by the way she acts sometimes too.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i suppose we've all been subject to life's problems at one time or another.

she was a child prodigy granted a scholarship to the best academies available, and was a multimillionaire as a teenager. she's shows it by the way she acts sometimes too.

I can't say I'd have been any less egotistical if I had the success and made the money she made so early in life. I doubt I'd be any better and would likely have been worse.

But racism cuts deep. I've learned that recently myself as a middle aged white guy. My wife is black. People's attitudes are what they are. It's been very eye opening to me when people react as they do. I always say that it's a terrible idea to let other people's problems be my problems, but racism is a hard thing to deal with. Regardless of Serena's success, she's put up with plenty. Imagine how it felt to be boo'd and called racist names as a young lady at Indian Wells, for instance. Nobody should be humiliated like that, especially someone at that age.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I'd have been any less egotistical if I had the success and made the money she made so early in life. I doubt I'd be any better and would likely have been worse.

But racism cuts deep. I've learned that recently myself as a middle aged white guy. My wife is black. People's attitudes are what they are. It's been very eye opening to me when people react as they do. I always say that it's a terrible idea to let other people's problems be my problems, but racism is a hard thing to deal with. Regardless of Serena's success, she's put up with plenty. Imagine how it felt to be boo'd and called racist names as a young lady at Indian Wells, for instance. Nobody should be humiliated like that, especially someone at that age.

She got called named, Seles got stabbed in the back by a crazy racist ruining her career. There's always nut jobs out there. Was is racist when Serena threatened an Asian lines woman saying "I'll shove this fucking ball down your fucking throat?" just because the woman was Asian? These things go both ways but Serena always has something to complain about. She wasn't standing up for womens rights, she was pissed because she was losing.
Serena has always been a bad sport and has never given anyone who beat her credit, there's always an excuse. She was losing this match and reacted poorly. Doesn't take away from her being an all time great but to assign people racists because they object to her behavior isn't right in all cases.
Just throwing in my 2 cents and like you, I'm a middle age white guy in an inter racial relationship and have had to deal with some shit for it.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

people of all colors, including myself, experience bigotry, discrimination, and racism at sometime in their lives. it's not exclusive to blacks. why would anyone let ignorant people affect how they view themselves? all that matters is you like yourself.

i've been to the tournament in indian wells. its a pretty laid back crowd. people of all different nationalitys play there, and the williams are a favorite given they grew up in southern california. i've never seen or heard anything racist there. senera was booed there because it was suspected venus had tanked their match to give serena an advantage in the finals. and of course serena pulled the race card.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I somewhat respect what she has accomplished even in one of the most mentally weak eras in women tennis and definitely the most one dimensional ball bashing era but it do not like her the least bit as a person!!

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Imagine how much greater she would have been if she didn’t react to it and focused more on tennis. But she wasn’t taught how to do the other battle besides tennis and so the beast in her surfaced out many times. Imagine how bad the lineswoman must have felt when her life was threatened by a decorated tennis soldier? So yeah the imagining can go both ways.

Look this one is not about racism. It’s just a bratty bad and disrespectful person that she is who doesn’t know how to give her opponent credit and who clearly hasn’t learned how to take a beating properly with the right mentality if she is beaten fair and square.

She must clutch for straws to blame her defeat or poor performance on something. The sooner people realize this the better off the tennis world will be, instead of giving her a free pass. Bill Cosby didn’t get one because he is 81. Why should Serena?

Last edited: