• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Senior Bowl information

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jene Bramel:

Mike Martin is ridiculous. Doing straight leg kicks during warmups. As flexible as a Rockette.

-------------------------------------

Wes Bunting:

ArkansasState ILB Damario Davis the most impressive athlete going through the bags now, clean, quick footed, fluid #seniorbowl

Eric Galko:

MichiganSt tight end Brian Linthcum playing today, was hurt/didn't practice yestersay

Shane Hallam:

As Demario Davis and James Michael Johnson work on playing low before practice, Singletary lauds other players for not

--------------------------------------

Michael Tanier:

The latest North center is Rishan Johnson of U California Pennsylvania. He has no number and a dirty black helmet from the locker bottom now

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shoot. I had a whole page of stuff typed out from the first practice on NFL Network and I lost it before I could post it. I'll have to do it over real quick. The practice coverage on NFLN is about half over now

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL Network Wednesday coverage - North squad - Final day of full pads

Coverage drill - RBs/TEs vs. LBs/Safeties

Michael Egnew vs. Harrison Smith - Smith jams at 5 yards, Egnew counters with a nice, strong jab to the face and body, separates, and catches a 5-yard out with Smith just trailing behind.

Doug Martin vs. Audio Cole - Martin flares out and then cuts up the field with Cole right behind him. Russell Wilson with a fantastic 20-yard throw right over the top. Cole had pretty good coverage but it was an outstanding throw and a nice catch. Pretty solid for each individual.

Isaiah Pead vs. Lavonte David - Pead fakes going outside, David doesn't shut the inside door and sets up too much outside. Pead then cuts back inside and easily beats David for an easy, short catch going over the middle.

Chris Polk vs. Bobby Wagner - Wagner jams him beautifully at 5 yards and it took another 5 yards before Polk could break free. Polk runs a little out route and the ball bounces off his hands at head level. Wonderful job by Wagner.

Emil Igwenagu vs. George Iloka - Iloka's call was to line up with outside technique and Igwenagu runs a short cross over the middle and makes the easy catch with lots of separation. Little hard to fault Iloka in my opinion because he was at a disadvantage lining up that way which was supposedly the coaches doing.

Bradie Ewing vs. James-Michael Johnson - Nice, strong jam at 3 yards and Ewing drops the very short pass at waist level. Poor drop and not a great job of separating in his route or with the contact.

Drill over.

----------

11-on-11 Team observations/comments

Charles Davis: Doug Martin is one of the better football players that I've seen out there. Not just the running backs but of all the football players out there.

Emil Igwenagu made a very nice one-handed catch that was thrown well behind him by Kellen Moore. Poor ball placement on a short pass from Moore.

QBs rolling out and throwing on the run alot today.

---

Among those in attendance: John Harbaugh, Jason Garrett, Pete Carroll, John Schneider, Russ Grimm,

---

I'll add more soon.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Mayock on Mike Adams: He's had a real good week. He's so long. 6'7/323. Hand size at 11 inches. Long arms. Really good feet. Only question is, can he put his hand in the dirt and drive?

Mayock also impressed by Kendall Reyes this week.

Mayock on Donnie Fletcher: I thought he had a really difficult day on Monday in off coverage. I thought he came back yesterday and caused a little bit of a buzz once he could get his hands on people in press coverage.

Charles Davis on North running backs: Isaiah Pead is so elusive. Not a super strong kid. Not really built up that way but can catch the ball, can run, gives you stuff in the return game. "Boom" Herron is kind of the jack-of-all-trades type of a guy. He can do a little bit of everything. Doug Martin is the one that's impressed me the most of the RBs.

----------------

Stalk block drill observations

Donnie Fletcher vs. Gerell Robinson - Fletcher drove Robinson back five yards and then put him on his back. Impressive.

Alfonso Dennard vs. DeVier Posey - Dennard did a good job of getting inside Posey. Strong.

T.J. Graham vs. Donnie Fletcher - Graham went in real low and couldn't sustain his block on Fletcher. Fletcher got low himself and went right around Graham. Weak blocking by Graham.

Mayock pointed out Leonard Johnson for doing well in this drill but I didn't see him much myself.

-----------

One-on-ones (DL/OL) coming next.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

One-on-ones (OL vs. DL)

Mike Adams at RT vs. Vinny Curry (9-technique) - Curry dips his head REAL low, Adams tries to get on his back and knock him to the ground but Adams falls to the ground himself and takes Curry with him.

Tony Bergstrom at RG vs. Mike Martin - Martin with real good quickness off the ball, fakes inside, goes outside, gets low and beats Bergstrom to the simulated QB spot. Very nice quickness again.

Rishaw Johnson at C vs. Kendall Reyes - Reyes drives into Johnson's right shoulder and skates him back into the pocket and gets good pressure. Reyes with some quickness himself.

Kelechi Osemele at LG vs. Billy Winn - Good hand placement (inside) by Osemele to contain Winn throughout and then Winn ends up falling to the ground.

Mitchell Schwartz at LT vs. Jack Crawford - Schwartz pushed back a hair initially and then he did a good job of re-setting his feet and Crawford couldn't disengage or go anywhere after that.

Tony Bergstrom at RT vs. Derek Wolfe - Speed rush outside and at the end Wolfe arcs around the back of the pocket and gets to the simulated QB after Bergstrom started to dip his pad level too low.

Johnnie Troutman at RG vs. Alameda Ta'amu - Troutman with a nice pop at the snap and then Alameda just breaks free with a nice swim move to get into the pocket.

Rishaw Johnson at C vs. Mike Martin - Bull rush from Martin and then a swim move to get over the top and around Johnson after Johnson was too upright with his head dipped down. Real impressive job by Martin.

Kevin Zeitler at LG vs. Vinny Curry - Curry jumps offsides. Nice discipline from Zeitler to not even move an inch when he jumped. Head fake off the ball from Curry and good job by Zeitler to stay patient but Curry bats Zeitler's hands down and gets around Zeitler with a burst and quickness. Impressive speed. One of the first times I can recall Curry being lined up inside.

Mike Adams at LT vs. Cam Johnson - Adams jumps offsides. Cam goes way outside and Adams oversets himself well in the backfield and Cam swats him even further back into the pocket and then comes back inside to get into the pocket. Adams flat out beat.

Senio Kelemete at RT vs. Kendall Reyes - Nice punch from Reyes and then a straight out bull rush straight back into the pocket. Kelemets got run all over. No anchor from Kelemete.

Johnnie Troutman at RG vs. Jack Crawford - Several head fakes initially from Crawford and then a quick dart inside by Crawford and then a straight rush with not much resistance right into the QB. Impressive quicks.

Kelechi Osemele at RT vs. Vinny Curry - Curry with quickness again this time and able to get into the pocket with ease against him. Too easy. Very little leverage from Osemele.

Mitchell Schwartz vs. Derek Wolfe - Schwartz locks on but Wolfe gets his hands inside and on his jersey and is able to pull Schwartz inside and dip him down and then get into the pocket. Nice job by Wolfe.

-------------

7-on-7 observations
Cousins with a very nice completion over the middle to T.J. Graham. Perfect spiral with a decent amount of zip.

Wilson short-armed an intermediate pass to the sideline to a receiver.

Alfonso Dennard with a nice pass (Wilson) break-up well down the field while covering Brian Quick. Quick had a step and a half on him but it was underthrown a bit, forcing Quick to slow down, and Dennard did a good job of catching up and then jumping up to bat the ball down.

-----------------------

11-on-11 observations

Kendall Reyes went right around Mike Brewster at C and blew up a running play in the backfield. Reyes has been impressive all around at times during this coverage.

Trouble with the QB/center snap exchange on a shotgun snap. Looked like it was all Kellen Moore's fault. Hit him in the left hand and bounced right off. Curry probably would've recovered it.

Derek Wolfe would've had an easy sack on Russell Wilson. Came in unblocked.

Lavonte David a good job of stretching out a Pead run. Good job of staying off the blocks.

I'll have more later.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

More 11-on-11 observations

North team continuing to have trouble with the C/QB exchange under center and in the shotgun. It's been a problem all week. Brewster has been the center a number of times when I've seen the issues. Some of the times it hasn't been his or the center's fault and it's just bounced right off the hands of the QBs though.

The North DL continues to look real good in this session.

Wilson much better again when throwing on the move away from the trash.

Alameda Ta'amu called for jumping offsides. On the following play he nearly blew up a Herron run play (outside). Senio Kelemete with the block attempt on Ta'amu.

Rishaw Johnson, who is a guard normally, also with a bad snap to the QB. Rolled one on the ground back to the QB.

Two plays later, with Brewster in at C, the snap (shotgun) was almost over the head of Cousins but he was able to snatch it out of the air and then complete a nice, quick pass to Doug Martin at the sideline for roughly 10 yards.

Mike Adams vs. Cam Johnson (9-technique) - Cam ran the arc real quick and would've had a huge backside shot on Cousins for the sack but you aren't allowed to touch the QB. Adams trouble with his speed.

----------------

T.J. Graham one of the players returning kicks.

--

That's it.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Bowen:

Doug Martin has that low base, quick burst when he hits the hole

Showed ability to beat press at LOS. That was a question scouts had on him. RT @hodgeboy44: @MattBowen41 How has McNutt looked
?

--------------------------------

Wes Bunting:

OklahomaState QB Brandon Weeden balanced and quick from.under center, settles feet well, accurate #seniorbowl

NorthAlabama CB Janoris Jenkins putting on a clinic down here 1v1 #seniorbowl

Georgia CB Brandon Boykin also a stud today, physical off the line, better balance trying to close #seniorbowl

Alabama DE Courtney Upshaw causing fits, turns speed into power as well as anyone, impressive #seniorbowl

Georgia OT Cordy Glenn had a tough time with Quintin Coples off edge, but was VG again inside #seniorbowl

TexasAM WR Jeff Fuller struggling to catch anything, not good for a guy who is going to struggle to separate in NFL #seniorbowl

Illinois OL Jeff Allen with his best day...better OG, quick first step, moves well through contact..mid round guy who can start #seniorbowl

Florida WR Chris Rainey looks like the most explosive guy down here, ? Hands, but can fly, plus stop and go athlete #seniorbowl

Unc DE Quinton Coples dominating during 11 v 11 vs #FloridaState OT Zebrie Sanders struggling to stick through contact

----------------------------

Joe Fortenbaugh:

Brandon Boykin (CB, Georgia) just showed Dwight Jones (WR, UNC) what press coverage is all about. Jammed him at the line and ended the play

7 on 7: Foles goes 2/3 and 2/3 in red zone. 2 TDs, but one of those came after he spent 5-6 seconds in the pocket. Good session overall.

7 on 7: Weeden goes 1/3 and 0/3 in red zone. Had a couple broken up and had beautiful touch on TD pass to Jeff Fuller that was dropped.

7 on 7: Lindley goes 2/3 and 1/3 in red zone. Multiple check downs (again) with one nice TD toss.

CB Janoris Jenkins (North Alabama) looked solid during 7 on 7. Multiple breakups. Aggressive and physical. Gave bigger WRs problems

Eric Galko:

Lotta wind today here at South Practice. All the QBs (Weeden, Foles, Lindley) have the big arms. Interesting to see who cuts the wind best

Joe Everett:

Talked w a #Bengals rep that told me they really like RB Doug Martin, #BoiseState as a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Shane Hallam:

North Carolina LB Zach Brown FLYING all over the field, making plays in run game. #seniorbowl

UNC De Quinton coples and #Illinois OT Jeff Allen got into a shoving match after a practice rep. #seniorbowl

Quinton Coples is abusing Zebrie Sanders right now. #seniorbowl

Malik Jackson really standing out in the pit. Put Matt McCants on his behind. #Tennessee #Seniorbowl

And now McCants puts Jackson on the ground.

Courtney Upshaw not getting a lot of penetration so far vs. Glenn, Sanders and McCants

People laugh at me for putting Jeff Allen at guard, but doing work at LG in the pit

Thomas Melton:

Ted Thompson is watching the defensive line drills closely today. Also watching the offensive line

Kheeston Randall's stock has to be in free fall. Vlachos is handling him inside 1 on 1. Unbelievable. Wouldn't want to draft him

Patrick Edwards just pulled up limping during 1 on 1s. Looks like a hamstring.

Brandon Thompson came up limping after that last rep as well. Seems to be toughing it out, not sure what happened.

McCants, Sanders and Brown just got bull-rushed every rep they got in 1 on 1s + couldn't anchor once. Very bad portion of practice for them.

Jeff Allen looked pretty good at left guard today, but I think he can play left tackle. Cordy Glenn looked good against everyone but Coples.

Gorgeous deep ball from Lindley was dropped by Rainey. Didn't adjust to the ball well, stopped running

Lindley with a wobbly ball on a very windy day. Kellen Moore should praise god for being able to practice in the morning before it picked up

Weeden has the arm to cut right through the wind. He will give some team a pretty good 6-8 years at quarterback

Josh Norris:

Maybe it has already been said but Jeff Allen is taking snaps at left guard while Glenn is at left tackle

Ingram also getting a lot if reps inside during one on ones. Like him better as a DE/DT than 34OLB

Much like Akiem Hicks last week at the shrine game, Matt Mccants doesn't hold himself like an athlete. Arms by his side, tentative.

My biggest issue with Ingram is that he consistently overruns plays, bad angles in the backfield opening the edge

Evan Silva:

McShay on Brandon Weeden at Senior Bowl: "Best QB through 2 1/2 days. Hard to find weakness in his game. I think he's ahead of Nick Foles."

McShay on Kellen Moore: "He's been outstanding. Anticipation is as good as I've ever seen. ... I've been really impressed w/ Kellen Moore
."

Michael Tanier:

I think Coplrs and Glenn would gladly set fire to each others houses after the whistle. #SeniorBowl.

Criner just made two great catches while I was on tbe phone

Its not even worth mentioning when Thompson blows up a run.

And Coples just brought the Baylor RB down from behind

-----------------------------

Scott Wright:

Georgia CB Brandon Boykin is looking great this afternoon at the #SeniorBowl. Fantastic hips and sticking to South WR's like glue!

-----------------------------

Shawn Zobel:

Texas A&M's Jeff Fuller has dropped two easy passes already today and we aren't out of individual drills yet

Fuller has all the talent in the world to be a top receiver, he just hasn't put everything together yet

Saying UL-Lafayette CB Dwight Bentley has exceeded my expectations would be an understatement. He's looked fantastic

Georgia OL Cordy Glenn is establishing himself as arguably the top OL in attendance. Playing LT today and is excelling at it.

Impressed with Baylor C Phillip Blake's ability to anchor at the point of attack. Very good strength to take on and neutralize the defender

Illinois' Jeff Allen was kicked inside to guard today and played very well. Polished technique with deceptively quick feet and good strength

UNC's Quinton Coples makes it look easy off the edge. Not sure what his true position is, but he's a fantastic talent with great athleticism

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Inside the Panthers

Wisconsin's Russell Wilson is a dual-threat quarterback, and the former N.C. State quarterback met with the Panthers this week in Mobile. Wilson said he had “good conversations” with the Panthers, and is confident he could quickly learn the system after his adjusting-on-the-fly transition last season at Wisconsin.

“They did a lot of different stuff,” Wilson said of the Panthers. “They've got a lot of talent obviously on the offensive side of the ball. A lot of explosive players, including Cam. They're exciting.”

Wilson is projected as a fifth- to sixth-round pick by most analysts.

--Joseph Person

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chat: Chat with Mel Kiper - SportsNation - ESPN

Who is performing the best at the Senior Bowl this week?

Mel Kiper (1:09 PM)

Doug Martin, RB, Boise State; Mike Adams, OT, OSU; Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia; Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt.

-------------------

Hey Mel, i have a question about Cam Johnson. Whats his potential in the nfl and where do you see him going in the draft?

Mel Kiper (1:10 PM)

He's the kind of guy that you think about in the 3-4 round area. Pass rushers bring with them some value. He's a very good athlete. He'll test out very well at the combine. He could be a 3-4 OLB. He was a tremendous basketball player in high school. Tremendous athlete. He could be attractive in the third round, maybe even higher than that.

---------------------

I've been hearing that Mike Martin, DT Michigan, has played very well too. What round do you see him going?

Mel Kiper (1:13 PM)

He had a solid career. That's the thing about Mobile, you hope that good players play like good players. It's a coupld of days in practice and game where you throw some stars together. He's got great technique. Plays well. Quick. He's the kind of guy that you would expect to do well in this scenario. He's been well coached. It's helped him go head to head in practice with David Molk, a highly rated center. No surprise that he's able to hold his own and show promise. He's a third round guy.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wes Bunting:

LSU TE Deangelo Peterson can be a mismatch TE in NFL, but inconsistent attention to detail, plus talent tho #seniorbowl

Most disappointed this week with #NorthCarolina WR Dwight Jones, thought he would be much better, #seniorbowl faller

-----------------------------------

Joe Everett:

Vikings scout talking to WR Joe Adams, #Arkansas after Day 3 of South practice

------------------------------------

Ryan Lownes:

I am not a Dwight Jones fan. Too many lapses in effort & concentration. Fairly well spoken, but may lack appropriate motivation to be great.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wes Bunting:

Arkansas WR Joe Adams has the speed to run away from defenders, but not the cleanest of route runners, will drop the football #seniorbowl

I agree, #Arkansas WR Joe Adams has speed to take top.off an NFL defense and will go top three rounds

--------------------------

Joe Everett:

Eagles scout talking with RB Vick Ballard, #MississippiState for a long sit down.

---------------------------

Eric Galko:

Think Melvin Ingram is best suited for 5-tech in NFL. Seems best crashing inside and getting low, gaining inside leverage. Versatile though.

Shane Hallam:

colts scouts chatted with Janoris Jenkins, Melvin Ingram, and Jake Bequette after practice.

eagles, #rams, #chargers all chatted with Courtney Upshaw after practice.

Saints chatted with TE Ladarius Green after practice.

browns scout talked to UNC LB Zach Brown after practice

Vikings chatted with UAB OT Matt McCants and Arkansas WR Joe Adams after practice

Great day of practice. Teams may be intrigued RT @mriforgot: @ShanePHallam how'd Kirk Cousins look in practice today
?

Ryan Lownes:

browns scout talked to UNC LB Zach Brown after practice" RT @ShanePHallam Brown is a nice fit in Cleveland for their second First (22.)

Alfonzo Dennard still will grade out highly on film (which > Senior Bowl), but post-season will drop his stock a round. Mid 2nd-Early 3rd Rd

Josh Norris:

Basically, it should have been obvious before the week that it would be tough for Polk to impress in this kind of setting. Not his game.

Polk is methodical, patient, & has incredibly vision coupled with balance which helps him break tackles. Thats what makes him appear explos

Polk is not comfortable with these blockers or WRs blocking in front of him, needs to understand how they block downfield for him to weave.

Polk knew the Washington offense like the back of his hand, could weave in and out of lanes and knew when to burst. He's had 2 padded pract

Polk is not as explosive as Martin or Pead that can pick up speed instantly, but he's still a great runner. Can't show off tackle breaking

Tough to judge how a RB handles full on tkls when they are rarely allowed in practice. First contact, sure but Polk bounced off tkls at Wash

Now with Dennard, after the first few reps with Vikes staff it was obvious he was going to struggle. Same with Fleming. Talked with a scout

We agreed that we wish Dennard and Fleming were on the South roster with Raheem Morris in press cog as opposed to off cog with Vikes.

Dennard/Fleming may press 3-4 times a practice with North squad, and if they lose one of those its considered a bad day. Small sample size.

Bluntly, if you are saying Dennard/Fleming are having bad weeks than you didn't do your homework. Obviously they would struggle in off cvg.

Both have all season. They are put in a situation to fail this week by being forced to play in off coverage.

Said this before, but CB is one of the most scheme specific positions to grade for. Makes it difficult for media types. All about the fit

Evan Silva:

Multiple NFLscouts reportedly say #Nebraska CB Alfonzo Dennard will have to move to safety after a rough Senior Bowl

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wes Bunting:

Have to say that #Georgia CB Brandon Boykin and #NorthAlabama CB Janoris Jenkins were the most impressive DB's at the #SeniorBowl this week

------------------------

Eric Galko:

Weeden-Joe Adams across middle this week is impressive,working well together;Teams looking at Weeden in 2nd should consider Adams in 3rd IMO

Wednesday South Practice: Biggest Winners: Brandon Weeden, Sean Spence, Brandon Boykin, Janoris Jenkins

--------------------------

Josh Norris:

I don't doubt some scouts are saying Dennard should move to S, just disagree. Wonder if those scout's teams teams don't covet physical CBs.

Ryan Lownes:

Senior Bowl simply doesn't emphasize Dennard/Leonard Johnson's strengths which = press-man coverage. But teams will see through that.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL Network Wednesday coverage - South squad - Final day of full pads

Mayock on Dwight Bentley: Only 5'10, 176. He's competed all week long. Got nicked up a little bit yesterday and we wanted to see if he could go. He talked the trainers into it and he knows he has to have a full week of practice.

Mayock on Ryan Steed: What I like about this kid is how long he is. 5'10, 190, but he has 32 inch arms. He loves to get up and play press man coverage. Love the way he competes.

Mayock on Sean Spence: Undersized LB. We're getting caught up in how small he is. He flies around, has a violent disengagement. I like the kid.

Charles Davis on Chris Rainey: We're talking about size and he doesn't have a whole lot of it and he's had a history of being dinged a little bit. You go back and watch what he can provide. His speed is incredible. Watching him against his former teammate Janoris Jenkins yesterday, the CB, who may be the top CB here, Rainey ran right by him on one play in one-on-ones. You can move him into the slot. We saw him carry the ball in team drills. He can be a return man and he can block kicks (6 at Florida).

Charles Davis on Emmanuel Acho: He's a guy that I'm not sure is going to be a top level draft pick. He's smart in terms of academics. He finds his way to the ball. Type of kid that is going to be very difficult for you to think about cutting. His blood lines I like alot.

--------------

Cordy Glenn nearly put Kheeston Randall flat on his back in a run blocking drill.

Mayock said that Tony Jerod-Eddie has looked like a better football player this week than he had expected to see.

Cordy Glenn kept blocking Quinton Coples after the whistle and Coples didn't care for that so he kept his arm on Glenn's shoulder and then Glenn pushed the facemask of Coples.

------------

Nice ball skills from Janoris Jenkins in a defensive back drill in which the DB backpedals and then runs the route for the WR down the field and then going up to make a play on a ball.

-------------

RBs vs. LBs pass block drill

Advantage to the LB in this drill.

RBs are in the backfield and have to pass block an oncoming LB with 5 yards of separation between them at the start.

Terrance Ganaway vs. Keenan Robinson - Power move by Robinson into the chest of Ganaway and then a dip under him to get to the QB.

Terrance Ganaway vs. Sean Spence - Bull rush by Spence, which results in Ganaway going backwards. Ganaway almost re-anchors but Spence grabs the top of his jersey and pulls him down and gets to the QB.

Vick Ballard vs. Jake Bequette - Big time bull rush from Bequette, which rocks Ballard back big time and then nice speed by Bequette to turn the corner and get to the QB.

Alfred Morris vs. Emmanuel Acho - Acho tries going wide, Morris gets his left arm on him and dips his head way too low, and Acho does a swim move over the top of his arm and easily gets to the QB. Poor technique by Morris.

Terrance Ganaway vs. Zach Brown - Ganaway dips his head and Brown gets deep into the pocket with nice speed but Ganaway keeps ahold of his jersey, then Brown spins back up into the pocket and gets to the QB as Ganaway was falling off the block.

Terrance Ganaway vs. Nigel Bradham - Big bull rush by Bradham and Ganaway rocks back but does a good job of anchoring and re-setting his feet but Bradham just throws him to the ground with ease.

I'll have more soon.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

One-on-ones (WRs/TEs vs. DBs)

Deangelo Peterson vs. Markelle Martin - Double move for Peterson and he had Martin turned all around going all sorts of ways. Tons of room to make the catch.

Patrick Edwards vs. Casey Hayward (press) - Inside technique for Hayward. Little hitch in Edwards' get off, Hayward stays with him, Edwards plans his inside foot in the ground at 5 yards and runs an out towards the sideline and makes the catch with very good separation. Fantastic job on the route by Edwards. Not bad from Hayward initially but lost him on the dart outside.

Jeff Fuller vs. Janoris Jenkins (press) - Hesitation by Fuller at the line, fake inside and runs outside but Jenkins stays with him the whole way. Ball thrown to the back shoulder and well behind and it falls incomplete. Fuller didn't have much of a chance at the ball but he couldn't really separate from Jenkins.

Chris Rainey vs. Dwight Bentley (press) - One-handed stiff arm at 5 yards from Rainey to get separation but Bentley had Rainey's jersey in his hand until 5 yards. Short slant at 7 yards from Rainey and can't make the catch. The pass had a ton of heat on it and it was thrown a little high for Rainey. Bentley may have been called for holding.

Dwight Jones vs. Brandon Boykin (press) - Jones gets his hands on Boykin's shoulders and knocks him outside a bit, releases inside but Boykin stays with him. Jones then curls back to the QB at 10 yards, Boykin falls after a stiff arm by Jones, and Jones can't make the catch because Boykin gets up quickly and knocks the pass down. Jones did not do a good job of coming back for the ball. He just sat there at the end of the route.

Joe Adams vs. Antonio Allen (press) - Allen uses his long arms to really knock Adams off at the start out wide, Adams recovers but can't separate down the field from Allen. Adams came back to the ball to make the catch but he landed out of bounds. Allen did a good job of almost running Adams out of bounds and using the sideline as another defender.

Heath Evans, NFLN's on-field reporter, is really impressed with Brandon Boykin today.

Ladarius Green (at TE) vs. DeQuan Menzie (off 8 yards) - Green runs a 10-yard cross route and makes the catch. Menzie didn't really have much of a chance but bit a little bit when Green faked going outside.

Juron Criner vs. DeQuan Menzie - Menzie throws a jab at the line, Criner hesitates, head fakes after 3 yards, cuts inside and runs a corner route deep down field and jumps and makes a very, very nice over-the-shoulder catch. Menzie was a half a yard behind in coverage. Criner had to slow a little bit to make the catch and did a good job of keeping Menzie behind him so he couldn't make a play on the ball.

Ladarius Green at TE vs. Brandon Taylor (off 8 yards) - Green runs a 5-yard curl, plants, and runs a crossing route and makes the catch over the middle. Good job by Taylor to get there quickly.

Dwight Jones vs. Janoris Jenkins (off 9 yards) - Deep corner route for Jones and Jenkins was a yard behind running down the field with Jones. Ball thrown behind a yard and can't make the catch. Jenkins closed well on the ball right at the end. Nice job by Jones to separate deep.

Jeff Fuller vs. Brandon Boykin (press) - 10-yard out for Fuller and Boykin was right with him the whole time. Ball thrown wide and incomplete.

Brad Smelley at TE vs. Brandon Taylor (off 5 yards) - Smelley set him up thinking he was going outside, stuck the foot in the ground and darted inside but Taylor stayed with him fairly well. Smelley forced to dive for the short pass over the middle and makes a nice diving catch falling to the ground.

Patrick Edwards vs. Dwight Bentley (press) - Slight hop step from Edwards at the snap and a clean outside release for him, Edwards then fakes coming back to the ball after 15 yards, but Bentley stays with him down the field. Edwards ends up pulling up at about the 10 or so with some kind of injury.

Chris Rainey vs. Casey Hayward (press) - All kinds of interference the entire way by both players. Rainey ended up gaining separation due to it down the field and made the catch but that was because of the grab.

Jeff Fuller vs. Janoris Jenkins (off 7 yards) - 15-yard slant and an easy catch as Jenkins squatted and stopped his feet almost completely as Fuller was starting to slant. Ugly, ugly rep for Jenkins. Beat for a TD.

Joe Adams vs. Dwight Bentley (press) - Adams tries an inside release but Bentley uses his hands to stay on him and stay with him for the entire route. Ball looked to be thrown in another direction so there must have been a miscommunication.

Done with one-on-ones. More stuff later.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alfonzo Dennard - DB - Player

Nebraska CB Alfonzo Dennard has dropped out of the Senior Bowl with a hip flexor injury.
It's a tough end to a rough week for Dennard. There is at least one school of thought emerging that Dennard may headed for a switch to safety after being burned by lower-rated receivers in Mobile. Dennard was replaced on the Senior Bowl's South roster by East-West Shrine standout Josh Norman.
Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter
Jan 25 - 7:17 PM

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

One-on-ones (OL vs. DL)

Cordy Glenn at LT vs. Courtney Upshaw - Nice kick step from Glenn, anchors, locks onto Upshaw's pads and then rides him right around the back of the pocket. Great job by Glenn.

Matt McCants at RT vs. Melvin Ingram (2-point stance) - Ingram starts outside, comes back in, throws an inside hand punch to the head of McCants, gets McCants to dip his head and pushes him back into the pocket.

Ben Jones at RG vs. Tony Jerod-Eddie - Powerful bull rush again from TJE and Jones starts to retreat backwards but eventually locks on up top and but then Jones overextends his upper body and TJE rides him back into the pocket. TJE has shown impressive strength again this week.

William Vlachos at C vs. Kheeston Randall - Vlachos locks on with his elbows locked out and wins the rep after giving up slight pressure off the snap.

Will Blackwell at LG vs. Melvin Ingram - Ingram with quickness off the snap and basically runs straight back into the pocket but away from where the "QB" was. Blackwell smartly allowed him to run himself out where the action likely would have been. He does this way too much.

Cordy Glenn at LT vs. Quinton Coples - Glenn kicks outside, Coples darts inside his shoulder and gets into the pocket.

Zebrie Sanders at RT vs. Courtney Upshaw (2-point) - Straight bull rush into the pocket and Sanders locks on but by the time he locked on he was already standing over the mini-bag that is supposed to be the QB.

James Brown at RG vs. Tydreke Powell - Big time club move to the inside shoulder of Brown and he gets around him and into the pocket. Brown was way too slow at the start.

Philip Blake at C vs. Brandon Thompson - Blake sets up inside off the ball, Thompson goes the other way with pretty good quickness again today and gets into the pocket. Impressive.

Jeff Allen at LG vs. Tony Jerod-Eddie - TJE tries an inside move but Allen anchors very well, locks on, extends the arms and shuts TJE down with relative ease.

Matt McCants at LT vs. Malik Jackson - Jackson straight up bull rushes him backwards and McCants falls flat on his back. Never came close to getting any kind of base or anchor and Jackson didn't even appear to go at him THAT hard either.

Zebrie Sanders at RT vs. Melvin Ingram (2-point) - Sanders overextends outside and Ingram uses a swim move inside and flat out embarasses Sanders with ease. Easy pressure.

Ben Jones at RG vs. Kheeston Randall - Great job by Jones to anchor and re-anchor after Randall separates a bit, get his hands inside Randall's pads and move him to the back of the pocket.

William Vlachos at C vs. Melvin Ingram - Vlachos locked his hands on and they stayed there the whole time and he rode Ingram to the back and outside of the pocket. Nice job by Vlachos. Ingram could not separate.

Will Blackwell at LG vs. Malik Jackson - Good job by Jackson to knock Blackwell's left arm down, dip under and fight off Blackwell's block to get into the pocket.

Cordy Glenn at LT vs. Quinton Coples - Nice arm extension by Glenn and a good job of staying on Coples nearly the whole time. Coples was able to just barely disengage at the end as the whistle blew but he was already at the back of the pocket away from the QB.

Matt McCants at RT vs. Courtney Upshaw - Another impressive bull rush straight into the pocket. McCants was way too high there and Upshaw pushed him back like he was on skates. No contest.

James Brown at RG vs. Tydreke Powell - Powell with a very quick bull rush straight back into the pocket. Brown doesn't anchor very well and gives up alot of ground.

Philip Blake at C vs. Tony Jerod-Eddie - TJE with power off the snap but Blake sets and does a very good job of anchoring and just riding TJE right around the inside edge of the pocket.

Jeff Allen at LG vs. Brandon Thompson - Allen locks on but a little too high and Thompson does a good job with leverage and gets under Allen and gets the pressure.

Mike Nolan in attendance.

Cordy Glenn at LT vs. Quinton Coples - Both men lock on and Glenn gets rocked back just slightly and then Coples throws Glenn forward a little bit, disengages and gets the pressure.

Zebrie Sanders at RT vs. Melvin Ingram (2-point) - Sanders was late locking on and Ingram got to the inside of Sanders' pads and moved right into the pocket for pressure.

Mike Smith in attendance.

Ben Jones at RG vs. Tony Jerod-Eddie - Jones locks on but TJE is too strong for him and he just throws him forward to disengage and get into the pocket.

William Vlachos at C vs. Tydreke Powell - Powell with a nice pop at the start but Vlachos gets himself anchored and keeps him out of the pocket nicely.

Will Blackwell at LG vs. Kheeston Randall - Blackwell late getting his hands up and Randall gets back into the pocket with quickness and keeping Blackwell from locking at the end.

Matt McCants at LT vs. Malik Jackson - Jackson goes wide and very low, gets McCants to retreat backwards, but McCants ends up burying him into the ground inside the pocket. Poor job by Jackson of staying up.

Zebrie Sanders at RT vs. Courtney Upshaw - Upshaw tries going inside but Sanders locks on and prevents Upshaw from really gaining much ground.

James Brown at RG vs. Brandon Thompson - Thompson tries going inside and then uses a bull rush but Brown does a very nice job of setting his feet and getting underneath the helmet of Thompson to keep him from going anywhere.

Philip Blake at C vs. Kheeston Randall - Randall jumps across the line too early. Ball snapped and Blake locks on and does a wonderful job of anchoring and keeping Randall from going anywhere.

Jeff Allen at LG vs. Tony Jerod-Eddie - Allen locks on and TJE tries absolutely zero moves to get free and Allen pushes him WELL right of where the RT would have been lined up.

Cordy Glenn at LT vs. Malik Jackson - Nice job by Glenn to stay low and grounded and stops Jackson from gaining much pressure.

Horn blows and that part is done.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
11-on-11 observations

Malik Jackson beat Matt McCants for a would-be sack. McCants dipped his head and pads again and Jackson got underneath him. On the same play Rainey (slot WR) beat Casey Hayward (15-yard cushion) on a sluggo real bad and had 5-6 yards of separation but the ball was overthrown (Lindley) and thrown to the wrong shoulder. Hayward was caught looking into the backfield on that play to get beat. Brandon Taylor was in position over the top with help.

Another bad/fumbled snap, between Blake and Lindley this time.

Tony Jerod-Eddie with very good pressure against Philip Blake on a QB rollout.

Lennon Creer had a tough, impressive outside run on a pitch.

Brandon Thompson blew up a run play in which he was lined up as a DE in a 3-4 alignment. Got off a McCants block. On the next play Coples blew up a running play in the backfield and was also blocked by McCants. He's had a bit of a rough day at times when he's been on camera.

Creer with another tough run but this one inside. Very tough.

End of 11-on-11.

---------

Final thoughts

Mayock on the South OL: Going to read you some of my game tape notes from the Tennessee and Mississippi State games. Understands zone concepts. Excellent punch. Nice movement in the run game. Questionable vision on twist stunts and also drops hands in pass protection. Is he a grabber rather than a puncher?

Then you come out here and you want to compare to what you saw on tape to what you're seeing in a couple of these one-on-one drills and what I'm seeing is that he's competing at LT even though from game tape I thought he should've been a RT or inside player. I still think that's the case and the reason why is because of his feet. I think he's going to end up on the right side or inside and if a zone team drafts him, can he get that backside cut-off? He's massive, he's long and talented and will start at some position in the NFL.

---

Charles Davis: Look at the injury replacements. Lennon Creer was a late add to this game and was coming off the EWSG as the MVP. Malik Jackson did some nice things today. Did a good job of using his hands inside in pass rush drills.

Done.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jene Bramel

Looked like South OL would be more competitive early in drills, but usual DL suspects (Coples, Ingram, Thompson, etc) again outclassed them.

Coples still plays high, but won't be pushed back when engaged, stoned a RB coming off tackle with one hand late in team drills.

Zach Brown again strong in all phases, including flashing some power and short area quicks in blitz pickup drills with RBs.

Jake Bequette finally got chance to shine in blitz pickup drills. Beat backs w/ quick step & power rush. ROLB only position for him in 3-4.

Keenan Robinson also impressive as pass rusher. Showed good quickness around the edge and powered through block on more than one rep.

Liked Markelle Martin more often than not in 1v1 contests with WR/TE. Antonio Allen struggled w/ recognition & footwork to hang in man.

First long look at Janoris Jenkins, Dwight Bentley today. Both won regularly v WR. Jenkins in particular very quick feet, good anticipation.

Bentley had a little trouble consistently getting a jam and got him beat deep on a couple of occasions, but very good otherwise.

Casey Hayward had a rough start, lost leverage in early reps on inside breaking routes, but was very good in 5v5 pass drills again

Brandon Boykin very good again. Strong hands, quick recovery skills, stayed over his feet and didn't get lost when WR came out of his route

Wes Bunting:

Arizona QB Nick Foles looks a bit heavy footed getting away from center & doesn't generate a ton of torque from his lower half #SeniorBowl

Was really impressed with #OklahomaState QB Brandon Weeden tho, clean from center, balanced well, had a snap from the hips #SeniorBowl

The reason #Alabama DE Courtney Upshaw is going to go high is bc he will be on both 34 and 43 teams draft board as a pass rusher

The way #OklahomaState QB Brandon Weeden has thrown the football this week could def see the #Redskins taking an interest in him #SeniorBowl

My top five #SeniorBowl prospects.. 5. #SouthCarolina DE Melvin Ingram...thick, compact, can reach QB in a number of ways, sudden, versatile

My top five #SeniorBowl prospects... 4. #Alabama DE Courtney Upshaw, impressive strength on contact, can turn speed into power off edge

My top five #SeniorBowl prospects.. 3. #NorthAlabama CB Janoris Jenkins, toughest guy to separate from all week, fluid, "plus" closing speed

My top five #SeniorBowl prospects... 2. #OhioState OT Mike Adams, has an NFL LT build, good feet, gets hands on you its over

My top five #SeniorBowl prospects... 1. #NorthCarolina DE Quinton Coples, makes it look easy, combo size,power, length and quicks are "plus
"

Eric Galko:

REALLY looking forward to see if Josh Norman can impress many as he did last week against better WRs.Wonder if some NFL scouts stick around?

Senior Bowl about reaffirming prospects, I've been reaffirmed on Brandon Boykin, Janoris Jenkins esp this week.Both have 1st round potential

Courtney Upshaw said Cordy Glenn is the best OL he's faced. Glenn has been surprisingly impressive at OT this week. Fringe Top 5 OT possible

Marquise Maze is ALSO out for the Senior Bowl. No replacement named yet

Just watched Cordy Glenn contain Quinton Coples and Courtney Upshaw on back to back plays. As I said before, pleasant surprise at OT

Zebrie Sanders gets beat nearly EVERY time by a power rush. Can't see how he can get into Top 50 after this week. #SeniorBowl

With this OL angle, Matt McCants looking far more raw w/hand placement and keeping a study pass vs. power rushes. Very Raw

Matt Miller:

Really loving Zach Brown this week. Had him top 15 early this year. What an athlete!

---------------------------------

Josh Norris:

Josh Norman's addition to the Senior Bowl roster is just another reason why I don't understand NFL scouts leaving Mobile after Wednesday.

Theres a full day of padded practices tomorrow that a huge number of NFL teams will miss-Maybe it shows how little I know about their system

---------------------------------

Tony Pauline:

Josh Norman/CB/Coastal Carolina is being brought to the Senior Bowl and will be added to the North roster.

Evan Silva:

Mayock on Janoris Jenkins: "Gifted kid. Have to figure out what kind of kid he is. & when u hand him millions what kind of kid will he be."

Mayock on #Florida WR/RB Chris Rainey: "Reminds me a little bit of...Percy Harvin. Not as rocked up but...u gotta grind this kid (on tape)."

Mayock on #Arizona QB Nick Foles: "He's got big feet. Catch rock & throw guy. Really needs to work on his footwork, more than anything."

Mayock on #LouisianaTech RB Lennon Creer: "That kid's really helped himself in the last 2 weeks." Creer was E-W Shrine Game MVP.

Steelers scout Mark Gorscak on #Alabama LB Courtney Upshaw: "He is like (LaMarr) Woodley. Thick body guys. Powerful &play w/ their hands."

-------------------------------

Chris Steuber:

UtahState LB Bobby Wagner is an impressive athlete; did a nice job disrupting Chris Polk out of backfield in 1-on-1 drill.

BoiseState QB Kellen Moore is a pocket QB; has to work on his footwork moving out of pocket. Looked uncomfortable, created errant passes.

North Team QBs at #SeniorBowl are nothing more than mid-round options. Russell Wilson is the best one. If he was taller, possible R3 pick.

Liked #BC CB Donnie Fletcher during Stalk Block Drill. He abused #ASU WR Gerell Robinson. Robinson has trouble catching & blocking; not good

How about the flair of Vinny Curry wearing his #Marshall uniform. I like it. Curry is a baller; stays low, maximum effort... wants it.

CalPA OL Rishaw Johnson had a tough first day at #SeniorBowl. I'll give him a break, it's all new, as it's for all of these guys

Witnessed #MSU QB Kirk Cousins take 2 snaps during 11-on-11's. He fired a nice ball to near sideline & made a great touch pass down the seam

Really like size of #OhioState OT Mike Adams; looks the part. Good feet, but struggles against speed rushers, susceptible to inside spin

Love work ethic Quinton Coples displayed at #SeniorBowl. Great talent; pass rush upside. Received more attn in '11, but disappeared on film.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eric Galko:

Thing to keep in mind at OT: The South DL has the top 3 pass rushers in this draft. Mike Adams has faced much easier DEs than McCants, Glenn

Mike Martin could be best vs a zone blocking defense because of his quickness combined with leverage/lower body strength.

Vinny Curry's ability to come off snap low and with his developed rush moves, he could thrive in a quick, pass rushing 3-4 Defense at 5-tech

What Cincinnati's DT Derek Wolfe lacks in athleticism, he makes up for in fundamental rushing ability and taking advantage of poor technique

Matt McCants gets too narrow at times when he's trying to anticipate the edge rush. Needs to open up smoother, protect inside.

In many of the plays Cordy Glenn hasn't looked great at OT, he'd likely have inside help from OG. Glenn is really impressing me as I rewatch

When McCants has struggled, been from poor tech, not wide enough base. When Sanders has struggled, been lack of physicality/hand strength

It's really amazing how crisp Marvin Jones of #California has looked. Zero wasted motion, developed route tree, natural separation downfield

--------------------

Shane Hallam:

Michigan DT Mike Martin said he wants to challenge for the NFL Combine Bench Press record of 49 set by Stephen Paea #SeniorBowl

--------------------

Josh Liskiewitz:

OptimumScouting I liked Curry on film but he looked a lot more polished w/ his hands today than he did during the season. #Stud #SeniorBowl

---------------------

Ryan Lownes:

Some have compared NCSt's T.J. Graham to Mike Wallace. So where's this year's Antonio Brown? It might be #Toledo Jr. Eric Page. #NFLDraft

-------------------------

Chris Steuber:

Janoris Jenkins had good 3 days. But is guarded against speed. Double moves by WRs give him trouble. C. Rainey & D. Jones separated from him

As good as Melvin Ingram has looked the last 3 days, Courtney Upshaw is the better prospect. IMO, Upshaw is the best player at #SeniorBowl.

Chris Rainey has a different kind of speed. Could be a Darren Sproles type of player in a teams offense. Game changer, if used correctly.