• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Senior Bowl information

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Wright:

CB Alfonzo Dennard hasn't looked like a first round pick in any way so far. Fine when action is in front but can't turn and run

I've been saying this for months. Alfonzo Dennard isn't a first rounder. I'd like to see him make the switch to SS, where I think he can make more impact.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eric Galko:

Andre Branch isn't likely to attend the #SeniorBowl at all. #Clemson

-------------------------------------

Shane Hallam:

Washington RB Chris Polk told me he will run a 4.3 or 4.4 40 times. #seniorbowl

Melvin Ingram just sounds like a leader. Stern and well spoken. #seniorbowl

----------------------------------

Russ Lande:

Ohio St C. M. Brewster was bad today. He looked like a limited athlete and was beaten over & over in 1 on 1 drill.

LSU OG W. Blackwell really struggled today as he looked out of place athletically, was on ground a lot & beaten way too often for a good OG.

------------------------------

Todd McShay:

If Michigan DT Mike Martin took a play off I haven't seen it... Only 6-1, but 307 lbs and violent hands. There's a place in NFL for this guy

----------------------------------

Joseph Person:

S Carolina DE Melvin Ingram not sure what his best pos is -- also thinks he can be a playmaker at DT and LB.

-------------------------------

Chris Steuber:

The more I watch #Georgia OL Cordy Glenn, he reminds me of former #Arkansas OL Shawn Andrews, who was 16th overall pick by #Eagles in 2004.

Another SEC prospect I like at #SeniorBowl is OLB Melvin Ingram, who I compare to another former #Eagles 1st RD pick, Brandon Graham.

My fave prospect at #SeniorBowl is #Alabama OLB Courtney Upshaw. Of all prospects in Mobile, he'll have greatest immediate impact in NFL.

Prospect I'm most intrigued by at #SeniorBowl is #BoiseState FS George Iloka, my 4th rated safety. Great size; long & rangy. Versatile.

2 guys w/most to prove at #SeniorBowl are Janoris Jenkins & Jeff Fuller. Fuller has R1 talent, but injuries & inconsistency hurt his stock.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd McShay:

If Michigan DT Mike Martin took a play off I haven't seen it... Only 6-1, but 307 lbs and violent hands. There's a place in NFL for this guy

This guy is intriguing in the mid rounds.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This guy is intriguing in the mid rounds.

you think he will last that long? I thought he was a top tier DT/NT or am I thinking of somebody else?

Never mind, I read the report wrong. They said early round, not first round...

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wes Bunting:

Came away impressed talking with #Arizona QB Nick Foles tonight, smart kid, loves football, didn't throw OT's under the bus #SeniorBowl

#Talking with #Washington DT Alameda Ta'amu we discussed pad level, says its something he must improve, should anchor a 34 D #SeniorBowl

Discussed with #Wisconsin QB Russell Wilson playing in the pocket, says he can make all the throws and wants to prove it #SeniorBowl

Talked with #BoiseState QB Kellen Moore about who he thinks he compares to in #NFL...he said #Saints Drew Brees #SeniorBowl

#OhioState WR Devin Posey had a rougher day, dropped a couple balls, not a great burst and isn't going to run by anyone #SeniorBowl

The more I watch #Cincinnati RB Isiah Pead more I like the guy, ZBS guy, but can press the edge, stick foot in ground & explode #SeniorBowl

#OhioState OC Mike Brewster did a number on #Michigan DT Mike Martin for the most part today...MArtin=linear #SeniorBowl

One question that keeps popping up with NFL scouts is... "Where is #WestVirginia OLB Bruce Irvin? 34 teams want to see him #SeniorBowl

Shane Hallam:

Also confirmed tonight that #NotreDame WR Michael Floyd declined the #SeniorBowl invite. It wasn't due to injury...

--------------------------------

Cecil Lammey:

Doug Martin compares himself to Ray Rice or Jonathan Stewart...I hope John Fox is listening #broncos #nfl #seniorbowl

Josh Norris:

The only issues I have with Brandon Weeden is his release, specifically tapping the ball with his off hand after deciding when to throw.

Even that tap is included in his throwing motion because it lengthens the time between decision and release, should be much quicker without

Chris Steuber:

I'm not very impressed w/ WRs at #SeniorBowl, although Jeff Fuller & Dwight Jones intrigue me. Kendall Wright & Michael Floyd are missed.

Benjamin Volin:

#Gators RB Chris Rainey interviewed with the #Dolphins today. Another speed guy

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who's really, really underwhelmed by this year's WR crop? I really don't see what people are talking about when they say it's extremely deep.

Tell me I'm not crazy Pozz!

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Am I the only one who's really, really underwhelmed by this year's WR crop? I really don't see what people are talking about when they say it's extremely deep.

Tell me I'm not crazy Pozz!

I'm not real excited about this year's class. Quite a few of the WRs I like this year are project WRs. With the right fit and development I think this class could look alot better down the road but going in I'm not real excited about the class as a whole.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wes Bunting:

Day one winners from the North Practice at SeniorBowl are... 1. #OhioState OT Mike Adams, looks like a future #NFL left tackle

Day one winners from the North Practice at SeniorBowl are... #BoiseState FS George Iloka, can run, finds football, instinctive

Day one winners from the North Practice at SeniorBowl are... 3. #Virginia DE Cam Johnson, healthy, plus first step, can counter #NFLDRAFT

Day one winners from the North Practice at SeniorBowl are... 4. #Cal WR Marvin Jones, sneaky deep speed, adjusted well

Day one winners from the North Practice at SeniorBowl are...#Cincinnati RB Isaiah Pead...explosive, decisive, good burst outside

---------------------------------

Eric Galko:

Very physical. Sometimes too aggressive. Flipped hips well. Fluid, impressive in press transtions RT @NFLMocks: how'd Janoris Jenkins look?

Shane Hallam:

Clemson DL Andre Branch is unlikely to participate in the #SeniorBowl this week.

Evan Silva:

Alabama WR Marquis Maze says the #Jaguars are among teams showing the most interest in him at Senior Bowl

-----------------------------------

Scott Wright:

#Washington DT Alameda Ta'amu told me that the Houston #Texans have been showing a lot of interest. Really a down to earth, likable kid.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Draft Daddy: Blog

Day 1 Practice Notes: South.

After this morning's rain shower, Fairhope's usually immaculate grass field had sloppy conditions that favored the defense. Quarterback-to-center exchanges were messy and there was slipping by players on both sides of the ball. Receivers had to be extra sure of their grip on catches and everyone was challenged by the new N.F.L. footballs. All-in-all, it was a good test for players in less than ideal situations.

As usual, the first day of Senior Bowl practices are in shells, (just shoulder pads and shorts) and it can be difficult for players to judge the difference between full contact and half speed. As a side gig I might start a training course in how to succeed at the Senior Bowl. Rule 1: Except for hitting the QB, go full speed, even when they say otherwise. Without further ado, let's get to the practice notes.

TRENCH POSITIONS:

Georgia offensive lineman Cordy Glenn answered questions today about his positional future; there is no doubt that he can play tackle in the league, and in fact was the first team left tackle for the South in team drills. As expected he was a load in the run game and mauled players in 9-on-7 drills. For a man of his size, he has remarkable foot quickness and does an adequate job in pass protection. He certainly wasn't perfect against edge rushers, of which the South squad has several notable talents, but he does the job. With 35 inch plus arms, he's a chore to get around. Equivalent pro player comparisons might be to Marcus McNeill or Shawn Andrews (thanks to Chris Steuber for that last comparison, it is especially astute). Like Andrews, his value might peak at the middle of the first round.

North Carolina defensive end Quinton Coples was among the class of the South defense. Coples is a pass rush terror and had several clean wins in the Pit drills. He displayed up-field explosion and a decent variety of moves. On the down side, he was having some trouble getting off of run blocks against Cordy Glenn, but even in that respect he improved as practice progressed. These two players had great battles. There are still questions about this player's consistency, but if we use only today as a guide, Coples might be the highest selected player in town this week.

Alabama defensive end Courtney Upshaw is another outstanding South defender who will likely be selected extremely high in April's draft. He's excellent setting the edge against the run, and also can burst in the backfield to disrupt the pocket. He might not display impressive timed speed but he has excellent short-area quickness. He's great in pursuit and shutting down plays to his side of the field. There is much to like about Upshaw, but one notable aspect is his hand-play. He's got a violent punch that displaces the blocker, and that skill is hard to find among college seniors. Most project this player as a 3-4 outside linebacker, but he's likely scheme-diverse and could help any team.

South Carolina defensive end Melvin Ingram shares many of the same qualities as his South teammate Upshaw. He's stout against the run and aggressive rushing the passer. Like Upshaw, he's excellent in pursuit from the back side. Ingram lacks a refined punch, and neither player are likely to impress over 40-yards. But in the box area he's a versatile player that gets out of the blocks quickly and often disrupts the play. Ingram is a player which I look forward to watching in the upcoming full-contact practices, as he has a tendency for making big plays.

SKILL POSITIONS:

Arkansas wide out Joe Adams was impressive for his speed and ability to create separation. He's a solid route runner with above average hands and has potential to be a true deep threat. Although he weighed in light, at 174 pounds, he is built for speed and is helping his stock with his play on the field. This player was thought to be a sleeper mid-round target, and while that might still be true, the secret is quickly getting out.

Arizona quarterback Nick Foles is a smooth thrower that often takes what the defense gives. He will check down rather than force a bad throw, and while that isn't always exciting, the scouts appreciate that in a signal caller. Foles has great height and a live arm, but he also throws a catchable football. Past the top two, there is still a spot open for that annual third quarterback in the mid to late first round. Foles didn't seal that up with today's practice but he's put his name in the conversation.

Texas A&M wide out Jeff Fuller showed sure hands and had an impressive day. The highlight was a sweet diving catch along the deep sideline, bodying out the defender along the way. Fuller had a tough year but has always had the talent to make an impact. Fuller could be on his way to having a very profitable week.

Mississippi State tailback Vick Ballard made two excellent over the shoulder grabs along the sideline in skeleton drills. This was somewhat unexpected, as Ballard is known primarily for his tough running. Undoubtedly that skill will be on display when the hitting ramps up tomorrow, but for now the hands were a pleasant surprise.

Finally, Georgia cornerback Brandon Boykin and North Carolina wide out Dwight Jones had several excellent battles in coverage. Boykin is crafty and active, what he lacks in ideal measurables, he makes up in instincts and awareness Boykin is a player who could rise up the boards, not just for his coverage, but for his skills in the return game. As for Jones, he's a rare athlete, who, with a solid week, could capture the attention of scouts in an overall weak wide out year.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane Hallam:

Vikings coach Mike Singletary took a liking to #NCState LB Audie Cole, coached him up similar to Patrick Willis when he was down here

Russ Lande:

Georgia CB Boykin was outstanding today. Displayed elite athleticism, explosive closing ability and natural ball skills to break up passes.

Arkansas WR J. Adams was the best receiver on the South squad. He was explosive accelerating, quick out of his cuts & caught the ball well

Matt Miller:

Saw a lot of #Bengals scouts eyeing the defensive backs, notably corners Dennard and Fleming. Both have late 1 grades

Hearing #Broncos love RB Chris Polk. He's a legit Top 20 player this year

----------------------------

Michael Schottey:

Nothing I saw or heard today made me move off of Chris Polk as a 1st round RB, great kid

Even if (because of team need) Polk goes in the second, he is clearly a first round talent.

This is who we need in the 3rd. He could replace Ginn (for cheaper), as well as battle Williams for the slot. Worst case he'll add a deep threat at the 4th wr spot.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wes Bunting:

One question that keeps popping up with NFL scouts is... "Where is #WestVirginia OLB Bruce Irvin? 34 teams want to see him #SeniorBowl[/I]

[/I]

Yeah, wassup with him? I'm very intrigued about this kid.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wes Bunting:

Eric Galko:

Very physical. Sometimes too aggressive. Flipped hips well. Fluid, impressive in press transtions RT @NFLMocks: how'd Janoris Jenkins look?

[/I]

We'd be fools to pass up on this kid if he is available when we pick at # 30.