• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Senior Bowl information

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Draft Daddy weigh-in notes:

Draft Daddy: Blog

Florida State linebacker Nigel Bradham: 6'2", 237, looked to be in excellent condition.

North Carolina State linebacker Audie Cole: 6'4", 248, Athletic, reminds of Clay Matthews III.

Nebraska linebacker Lavonte David: 6'0", 225, Weighed in 15 pounds heavier than listed 210.

Nebraska defensive back Alfonzo Dennard: 5'10", 203, Tall enough, looked in great shape.

Arizona quarterback Nick Foles: 6'5", 244, Extremely tall, great height for the QB position.

North Carolina State wide receiver T.J. Graham: 5'11", 182, and built for speed.

Vanderbilt defensive back Casey Hayward: 5'11", 188, looked to be in great shape.

North Carolina wide out Dwight Jones: 6'3", 226, looked to be in great shape.

Iowa State defensive back Leonard Johnson: 5'10", 198, might be in the best physical condition of any athlete here.

Oklahoma State defensive back Markelle Martin: 6'0", 203, looked to be in great shape.

Iowa State offensive tackle Kelechi Osemele: 6'5" 333, tackle measurables (arm-length) but 10 pounds lighter than listed.

Cincinnati running back Isaish Pead: 5'10", 195, and in excellent condition.

Appalachian State wide out Brian Quick: 6'3", 224, looked to be in great shape.

Arizona State wide out Gerell Robinson: 6'3", 223, looked to be in great shape.

Furman defensive back Ryan Steed: 5'10", 190, looked to be in great shape.

Listed alphabetically by last name, the following players may have hurt themselves at the weigh-in:

Alabama wide out Marquis Maze: 5'8" 184, measured 2 inches shorter than listed.

Boise State quarterback Kellen Moore: 5'11", 191, measured 1 inch shorter than listed.

Wisconsin offensive lineman Russell Wilson: 5'10", 203, measured 1 inch shorter than listed.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just hope Janoris Jenkins is still conceivably draftable come draft day. He's a top 10 player in my opinion.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll pass along some things from NFL Network's live coverage right now of Monday's "practice" of the North team. (No South team coverage today). On Monday there is usually not nearly as much to pass along, especially since they aren't in full pads yet.

Weather: Mostly Cloudy - 76 degrees - Wind 5 MPH

Mayock on the QBs

On Kirk Cousins: More of the prototypical dropback guy. Listed at 6'3. Was only 6'2 1/4. He looks great. Good arm. Really intelligent kid. Apparently he has already taken over in the meeting rooms. Everybody knows he's kind of a take charge kind of a guy.

On Kellen Moore: 50 wins, 3 losses. 6-0 in his career against BCS competition. Completed 70% of his passes which is ridiculous as a 4-year starter. I saw him last year at the Manning Passing Academy and what stuck out, aside from the fact that he looks like he's 11 years old, was his anticipation and timing of his throws. Does not have a big arm. Can't drive it outside the numbers but nobody understands the game any better (than him).

On Russell Wilson: What I call the wildcard. He could be Doug Flutie. That's how good this kid is and what an innate understanding he has of making plays.

----------

They opened the show showing QBs doing individual drills. Nothing worthy of passing along on the field. Doubtful that there will be alot of stuff to pass along today in that regard.

---------

Mayock on Russell Wilson: He's a playmaker. I don't care how tall he is. He's got a good enough arm. He's a great athlete. I saw him play when he was a freshman at North Carolina State against North Carolina, on the road, in Chapel Hill. He was by far the best football player on the field. Keep in mind, he's a baseball player. He's been in minor league systems. He's special. I think the numbers in his final year speak for themselves.

--------

Burmeister question to Mayock: There are always first round CBs in this game. At least one. It's very early in the process but as you look at this group are there any first round talents jumping out to you right now?

Mayock: Well, everybody thinks Dennard is a 1st-round talent. 5'10, 203. Very physical. Only had 4 INTs in 32 starts but he's a playmaker. A little like Amukamara. My worry with Amukamara was that he had everything but ball skills. Struggled finding the football.

--------

Mayock on George Iloka: 6'3 1/2, 225. To me, if he has the range to play FS, he's your guy. If he doesn't, he might be big enough to play Will LB.

Mayock on Harrison Smith: I've heard a bunch of 2nd round grades on him and a smattering of 1st round grades. 7 INTs. Range and toughness.

Mayock on Leonard Johnson: Maybe my favorite guy. He's little now. He's not ranked as highly as Dennard but I put the tape on and all he does is compete, both in the run game and the pass game. I tend to fall in love with those boundary corners like Brandon Flowers and that's who he reminded me of.

I'll have more soon.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just hope Janoris Jenkins is still conceivably draftable come draft day. He's a top 10 player in my opinion.

He's my 2nd favorite prospect this year. Poe, Criner, Bryce Brown, and Brian Quick to name a few...

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin's Russell Wilson (40): Marginal height is the biggest strike against Wilson, who might be a first-round pick if he were four inches taller. Wilson is expected to measure in the 5-foot-11 range, but anything shorter will do severe damage to his Day 3 draft stock.

Everybody keeps saying stuff like this, and I don't understand it. Russell's offensive line at Wisconsin was TALLER than any in the NFL last year, and he set the all-time efficiency record. It's hilarious that people think his height will stop him. The only legitimate concern with Russell should be that he may not be fast enough to scramble in the NFL, and that shouldn't be enough to keep him from being a good NFL quarterback.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More from NFL Network's coverage

Some of those in attendance: Pete Carroll, SEA GM John Schneider, Ron Rivera, Packers GM Ted Thompson

-----

83 players drafted last year from '11 Senior Bowl. 12 first-round picks.

21 players from the SEC are in the 2012 Senior Bowl

------------------------------------

At the beginning of 9-on-7 the OL looked like this:

LT - Mike Adams
LG - Johnnie Troutman
C - Mike Brewster
RG - Kevin Zeitler
RT - Mitchell Schwartz

------------------------------------

One-on-ones

Brian Quick vs. Donnie Fletcher (10 yards off) - Fletcher grabbed Quick's facemask a little as he was coming back to the ball on a 10-yard curl. Ball bounced right off his hands.

DeVier Posey vs. Jamell Fleming (10 yards off) - Posey runs a 10-yard curl and makes a catch on a low ball.

Marvin McNutt vs. Alfonzo Dennard (10 yards off) - Dennard squats on the route and McNutt runs right by him down the field but can't make the catch in the endzone due to an underthrown pass.

T.J. Graham vs. Asa Jackson (10 yards off) - 10-yard curl. Graham with a nice burst and then good suddeness to quickly cut off the route and quickly come back to the ball.

Gerell Robinson vs. Donnie Fletcher (10 yards off) - Robinson sticks his outside foot in the dirt forcing Fletcher to open his hips outside and then Robinson darts inside and separates big time from Fletcher to make the catch. Fletcher was real tight.

Marvin Jones vs. Leonard Johnson (10 yards off) - Johnson beat on a post to the endzone for a TD.

Brian Quick vs. Jamell Fleming (10 yards off) - Out route and Quick jumps to make a 10-yard catch right at the sideline.

DeVier Posey vs. Alfonzo Dennard (10 yards off) - 5-yard curl route for Posey and he makes the catch. Posey lightning quick coming back.

Marvin McNutt vs. Asa Jackson (10 yards off) - 5-yard slant route. McNutt real smooth throughout.

T.J. Graham vs. Donnie Fletcher (10 yards off) - Fletcher opens his hips outside and Graham cuts inside, easily beats him, but the ball was thrown well behind Graham.

Gerell Robinson vs. Leonard Johnson (10 yards off) - 10-yard curl. Robinson ate up the cushion and made a nice leaping catch.

Marvin Jones vs. Alfonzo Dennard (10 yards off) - 15-yard curl. Jones ran right into Dennard, who sort of bounced off Dennard, nearly fell and then couldn't regain control coming back to the ball and it hit him in the facemask.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would love to grab Posey. As an Ohio state fan he pissed me off BIG TIME, but the kid can play

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#TexasA&M WR Jeff Fuller looked lean, cut up and with nearly 35 inch arms can really pluck off his frame #SeniorBowl

Yummy.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW. Fuller measured in at 6'4 1/8"

Color me in love.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yea I new he was tall but damn that is what I am talking about. I thought posey was taller than what he measured in at. I thought he was 6'3". Maybe I need to cut back the amount of beer i drink during games.... nah that's a stupid idea

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this draft class isn't great but wow it has a lot of potential sleepers.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vinny Curry at RDE not real quick bouncing outside to help contain the run on a play. Isaiah Pead with a real good cut in the open field. Got Trenton Robinson to fall. Both came in 9-on-7.

-----

One-on-ones (OL vs. DL) - Always hard to explain so everybody has a real good picture of what happened but I'll try. Advantage to the D in these situations.

Mitchell Schwartz at RT vs. Shea McClellin - Schwartz overextended a bit and McClellin got under him to get a little pressure in the backfield. 2nd rep: McClellin was stood up. Schwartz quickly got the inside of McClellin and rode him around the pocket. Darn near ripped his jersey off him.

Kevin Zeitler at RG vs. Kendall Reyes - Zeitler tried getting a hold of him inside and Reyes used a swim move to shoot right by him for the pressure. 2nd rep: Zeitler got a hold of him inside again but Reyes got Zeitler to overextend a bit and then did a good job of using his hands to disengage to get to the pocket.

Mike Brewster at C vs. Mike Martin - Fantastic job by Brewster to anchor and mirror Martin. 2nd rep: Martin tried slapping Brewsters arms down from the start but nothing was there. Brewster let Martin into his body a little bit but recovered right before the whistle.

Johnnie Troutman at RG vs. Billy Winn - Winn jumped offsides. Troutman thrown off balance after absorbing contact from Winn but got ahold of Winn's jersey and nearly threw him to the ground. Recovered nicely at the end but gave up a little ground. 2nd rep: Troutman at LG this time. Troutman with better job of anchoring this time.

Mike Adams at LT vs. Vinny Curry - Great job by Adams on the first go around. Composed. Good base. Used his length (arms) well. Curry went nowhere. 2nd rep: Curry goes low on Adams and got him off balance and to the ground. Adams with a hold at the end.

Kelechi Osemele at RT vs. Cam Johnson - Cam went wide and got under Osemele to get some pressure. Too much speed for Osemele. 2nd rep: Cam planted his outside foot into the ground, head faked twice and got Osemele off balance and then blew back inside for the easy win. Rough for Osemele.

Kevin Zeitler at RG vs. Derek Wolfe - Zeitler locked on from the start and shut Wolfe down the whole way. Little effort by Wolfe to try and disengage.

Commercial.

Mike Brewster at C vs. Mike Martin - Martin tried getting underneath Brewster but nothing. Martin used two hand punches to the chest of Brewster and still nothing. 2nd rep: Bull rush from Martin that rocked Brewster back and off balance a bit. Brewster then dropped his head and it was all over from there as Martin got pressure into the pocket.

Kevin Zeitler at LG vs. Alameda Ta'amu - Ta'amu got Zeitler going backwards a bit but he could never disengage from the block. Ta'amu's helmet was knocked off too. 2nd rep: Great hand placement from Zeitler again (inside) and Ta'amu went nowhere. Best job I've seen thus far.

One-on-ones done.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
11-on-11

Mike Martin beat LG Johnnie Troutman big time on a QB roll out.

Alameda Ta-amu blew up the next run play.

Cam Johnson at LDE got around RT Mitchell Schwartz for some pressure on Russell Wilson, who was just starting to step up into the pocket.

Gerell Robinson with a pretty bad drop on a slant from Cousins.

On field coverage done.

------

Final thoughts

Mayock: Thought Vinny Curry played with more power in one-on-ones and in team work than I had expected. Some real lower body strength and explosion.

Davis: Thought Kendall Reyes looked real good in pass rush drills.

They didn't have a whole lot of time for too much more at the end there.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More from twitter:

Wes Bunting:

#ApoState WR Brain Quick struggling to get out of breaks and catch ball, leggy
------------------------

Adam Caplan:

Weeden can really spin the ball. Outstanding release and good arm angle. Good to see him throw live.

-----------------------

Eric Galko:

Sean Spence of #Miami showing some great hands in drills so far. Cutting, quick slide impressive, four straight catches away from his body

Cyrus Gray of #TexasA&M not practice today, not in pads #SeniorBowl

Ryan Lindley channelling his inner Donovan McNabb, skipping balls to his receivers in the 15-20 range.

Janoris Jenkins bottled up Jeff Fuller on an inside route, tackled him despite not in full pads, and proceeded to spat with Fuller

Same Jenkins-Fuller matchup, Jenkins physical, shuts Fuller down, Fuller shoves off 10 yards down to get separaion

Weeden perfect deep ball to Juron Criner after Criner shook Ryan Steed at the LOS. If Steed can't get physical off the line, gets beat a lot

Big reason for my high praise for WR Dwight Jones: Consistently gets off press coverage

Dwight Jones showing strong hands, positioning well in traffic in 7 on 7. Breathing a sigh of relief that he's been performing well so far

------------------------

Shane Hallam:

RB Doug Martin looks more explosive than Polk, Herron, and Pead so far

------------------------

Josh Norris:

South roster, coached by the redskins, has Arkansas DE Jake Bequette at OLB, maybe because of their familiarity with Ryan Kerrigan.

In terms of release quickness, the ranking for the south squad goes Lindley, Weeden, Foles. Weeden's could be wicket but he pats the ball

By that I mean Weeden taps the ball with his off hand right before he's going to release it rather than just throwing.

Still can't get over how uncoordinated Foles looks pre release. Especially in his dropback, shoulders moving quite a lot. Lots of velocity.

DeAngelo Peterson getting with as joker TE, very underused at LSU, former WR

Weeden fumbles first snap from a true center

Already loving Raheem Morris DB coaching, more press corner work in first thirty minutes with only shoulder pads than all last week

Of the press work Jenkins, Boykin, and Steed most physical on the jam, wet surface limiting their back pedal

Great touch on a 17 yard out by Weeden, checked through progression on 7vs7

Facing two big armed QBs in foles and lindley, Weeden's touch could make him shine

Lindley is inexcusably low on half of his throws

------------------------

Benjamin Volin

Jeff Ireland is scouting the South practice, with Weeden, Foles and Lindley at QB

-------------------------

Scott Wright

Still VERY early, but so far I'm impressed w/ #NCState WR T.J. Graham. Explosive w/ burst, great feet and change of direction.

--------------------------

Shawn Zobel

Boise State QB Kellen Moore is going to be exposed this week. His arm strength and velocity are both worse than I had imagined

Appalachian State WR Brian Quick has dropped two passes already today. Not a good first impression

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Bitonti

UNC DE Quinton Coples was the class of the South practice; battling with UGA OT Cordy Glenn. #seniorbowl #nfldraft

No doubt that Cordy Glenn is a tackle. He was playing blind side for the South, and doing well. #seniorbowl #nfldraft

Alot of similarities between Bama De Courtney Upshaw, and South Carolina de Melvin Ingram. #seniorbowl

---------------------------

Matt Bowen:

QBs seeing all single-high safety looks at Senior Bowl practice today. Cover 1 (man free) + Cover 3 (3-deep, 4-under zone).

Wes Bunting:

Virginia DE Cam Johnson looks healthy, good first step, sudden counter, was impressive off edge #seniorbowl

BoiseState FS George Iloka has a burst out of breaks, finds football quickly, lil leggy, but good practice #seniorbowl

Washington DT Alemada Ta'amu is so powerful, sneaky quick hands and burst, but gets way too upright which limits him #seniorbowl

Very quietly #Cal WR Marvin Jones had in my view the best receiver practice on the North SQUAD #seniorbowl

Have to admit #MichiganState QB Kirk Cousins looks like a flame thrower in comparison with Russell Wilson and Kellen Moore

Nebraska CB Alfonzo Dennard had a tough time turning and running with receivers, didn't have a burst or 2nd gear, 4.6 guy? #seniorbowl

----------------------------

Eric Galko:

Foles not decisive in throws now, holding onto ball. Know it's Day 1, new Off/WRs. But wonder if his Arizona timing offense is to blame too

Quinton Coples agent? Is cheering up a storm here, but so far in drills/team work, he's been really impressive. #NorthCarolina #SeniorBowl

Zebrie Sanders giving up too much ground in pass protection, letting bigger rushers drive him. Coples dominated him just now

Leaving practice now. Notes up around 530. Some winners: Sean Spence, Quinton Coples, Jeff Fuller, Dwight Jones, Ben Jones, Brandon Weeden

-----------------------------

Shane Hallam:

OG Kevin Zeitler STONEWALLING guys in 7 on 7 drills. one of my stars of the day so far

DT derek Wolfe has been outstanding too

#michigan DT Mike Martin dominated #ohiostate C Mike Brewster in 1 on 1 drills #seniorbowl

seahawks scouts talking with QBs after practice. Kirk Cousins and Kellen Moore. #SeniorBowl

Texans scout has been chatting up #OhioState OT Mike Adams for awhile after #seniorbowl practice

Dolphins scout had no logo on his shirt, but i caught him chatting with DTs Derek Wolfe and Kendall Reyes after #seniorbowl practice

Bengals scout talked with RB Isaiah Pead for most of the time after practice #seniorbowl

Bears meeting with #OhioState WR DeVier Posey tonight.

#Chargers and #49ers both talked to #Marshall DE/LB Vinny Curry after North practice today. #SeniorBowl

Ravens had long conversations with WRs #Iowa Marvin McNutt and #OhioState Devier Posey after North practice today. #SeniorBowl

#Wisconsin OG Kevin Zeitler did some extra work after practice at center, working with #Vikings coaches.

Lions talked to Rb Boom Herron, LB Audie Cole, OL Mitchell Schwartz

Jets talked to CB D'Anton Lynn

Mike McCartney

Really impressed with @KirkCousins8 today at 1st @seniorbowl practice, which usually is a bit sloppy due to new coaches & receivers

Matt Miller:

Names who stood out today: Chris Polk, Audie Cole, Russell Wilson (lot of zip on this one), Mike Adams.

#Chiefs all over RBs, #Chargers all over DL at North practices today.

Josh Norris:

Foles takes two straight would be sacks in 7on7, holds the ball for mite than five seconds

Jeff Fuller has looked surprisingly solid, creating just enough separation and catching balls away from his body with strength

First full team action, Weeden with nice 15 yard in to a diving Joe Adams. Glenn controlled upshaw on left side.

Basin Thompson with two quick pressures up the middle, fast off the snap. Fooled by PA though.

Some foreshadowing? Melvin Ingram already wearing a redskins helmet. guessing he forgot his at home.

Bequette already showing lack of short area quickness Downfield, looking he was caught in quicksand by a quick inside move after the catch.

Ingram having a real tough time holding the edge on rollouts, either biting for PA fakes or taking too sharp of an angle.

Practice cornerback evaluations need to be taken with a grain of salt. Only a handful of players aren't limited to scheme.

For example, lots of press work today with Raheem Morris, which let Boykin, Jenkins, and steed show well. Den nard and Fleming would have.

How many cornerbacks can play well in both press and off coverage schemes? Not many. I wasnt at the north practice but it was clear...

On tape before this week that Fleming and Dennard would struggle turn and running from off coverage. They are physical press guys.

Tony Pauline:

Mike Adams/(T/Ohio State was an abslute beast today at Senior Bowl practice

Sorry: Sources from Ryan Tannehill's camp told me the QB will have surgery on his foot this week Not sure if he'll be ready for the combine

------------------------------

Joseph Person:

Russell Wilson throwing to App State's Brian Quick at North practice during Sr. Bowl week. Both could improve their stock a lot this wk.

Russell Wilson threads pass thru zone to Cal's Marvin Jones in 7-on-7 drill.

Panthers' coaching staff is at North practice

Benjamin Volin:

Michigan St QB Kirk Cousins has an absolute cannon, and Marshall DE/OLB Vinny Curry is playing like a beast today

-----------------------------

Scott Wright:

CB Alfonzo Dennard hasn't looked like a first round pick in any way so far. Fine when action is in front but can't turn and run

--------------------------------

Shawn Zobel

Alameda Ta'amu showing little-to-no pass rush in one-on-one's. Looks purely like a two-down DT who plays the run.

Michigan DT Mike Martin showed a lot in one-on-one's. Mike Brewster won the battle on their four snaps, but Martin flashed great strength

Interesting that Boise State's Shea McClellin is getting worked purely at linebacker. Didn't see a single rep in pass rush one-on-one's

Cincinnati DT Derek Wolfe showed well in one-on-one's. Underrated athlete

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shane Hallam:

Vikings coach Mike Singletary took a liking to #NCState LB Audie Cole, coached him up similar to Patrick Willis when he was down here

Russ Lande:

Georgia CB Boykin was outstanding today. Displayed elite athleticism, explosive closing ability and natural ball skills to break up passes.

Arkansas WR J. Adams was the best receiver on the South squad. He was explosive accelerating, quick out of his cuts & caught the ball well

Matt Miller:

Saw a lot of #Bengals scouts eyeing the defensive backs, notably corners Dennard and Fleming. Both have late 1 grades

Hearing #Broncos love RB Chris Polk. He's a legit Top 20 player this year

Michael Schottey:

Nothing I saw or heard today made me move off of Chris Polk as a 1st round RB, great kid

Even if (because of team need) Polk goes in the second, he is clearly a first round talent.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Russ Lande:

Cal WR Marvin Jones had a VG game today - He ran sharp routes, got separation from CB & caught the ball extremely well - Beat Dennard deep.

Boise St DL B. Winn had a good day today when lined up as a DE displaying good edge pass rush ability, but struggled when lined up at DT.

LA-Lafayette CB B. Bentley showed he belonged today. Displayed VG athleticism, explosive closing ability & VG awareness & instincts.

San Diego St QB R. Lindley struggled today. He lacked good arm strength, had a slow release and his accuracy was bad throughout practice.

Boise St QB K. Moore looked bad today. His delivery is elongated & slow, the ball lacked zip out of his hand and his accuracy was really bad

Nebraska CB A. Dennard struggled in practice today - Bad footwork, technique, hips and was beaten way too often in one on one drill.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go...Fuller, Polk, and Marvin Jones getting love.