• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Selfish Vick Costs Eagles the Arizona Game

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well...at least he's not cutler

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lots of players do this sort of thing. I don't think it's selfishness, per se, they just want to tough it out and continue to play. If he was clearly wrong, the coaching staff should have noticed it and pulled him (what should have happened with Alex Smith vs. the Seahawks with his separated shoulder, for instance). If they couldn't tell, well, that doesn't speak very highly of his play when healthy.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lots of players do this sort of thing. I don't think it's selfishness, per se, they just want to tough it out and continue to play. If he was clearly wrong, the coaching staff should have noticed it and pulled him (what should have happened with Alex Smith vs. the Seahawks with his separated shoulder, for instance). If they couldn't tell, well, that doesn't speak very highly of his play when healthy.

I would imagine that with as erratic as Vick's play is from game to game it would be tough to determine if that play was the result of injury or ineptness.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is nothing wrong with a player wanting to play...it just shows his toughness and that he is a leader on the team....Players used to play all the time with broken bones...Jack youngblood played the entire 79 playoffs with a fractured left fibula..

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At least Cutler put the team first. Vick wanted to be the star and finally win an easy game but he cost the team with his poor play which was more than likely a result of the broken ribs.

cutler cost them the champship game!! i wouldn't want him on my team cause he gave up!! i'd rather have romo atleast he played with broken ribs and i hate the cowboys

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Michael Vick played with*two broken ribs against the Cardinals - NFL - SI.com

............according to this story. He tried to hide the fact that his ribs were broken, and played shitty enough to cost his team the game. What a loser.

That's a pretty stupid statement. If you ask players if they're hurt, they'll say they're fine if they have any chance to play. Why do you think every player gave Cutler crap for pulling himself. It's the coaches fault for not pulling Vick.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is nothing wrong with a player wanting to play...it just shows his toughness and that he is a leader on the team....Players used to play all the time with broken bones...Jack youngblood played the entire 79 playoffs with a fractured left fibula..

There's plenty wrong with it when your performance is a detriment to the team.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Let's say he did tell Reid, can you honestly say a broken ribbed Vick is worse then Vince Young? I doubt it. Wasn't a month ago they wanted to put Hauschka or whatever ahead of him because he practiced horribly and didn't understand the playbook?

Besides that, I didn't see anyone wanting Frank to get benched cause of his ankle last week.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Absolutely silly way to look at it. Romo did the same thing a few months back and he was a hero.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let's say he did tell Reid, can you honestly say a broken ribbed Vick is worse then Vince Young? I doubt it. Wasn't a month ago they wanted to put Hauschka or whatever ahead of him because he practiced horribly and didn't understand the playbook?

Besides that, I didn't see anyone wanting Frank to get benched cause of his ankle last week.

With the proper information though, Reid could have made the proper decision. If he decided it was better to keep Vick in there then the outcome would have been on him.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty stupid statement. If you ask players if they're hurt, they'll say they're fine if they have any chance to play. Why do you think every player gave Cutler crap for pulling himself. It's the coaches fault for not pulling Vick.

You seem surprised. Next, "someone" will complain about Vick wearing his baseball cap incorrectly on the sidelines.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You seem surprised. Next, "someone" will complain about Vick wearing his baseball cap incorrectly on the sidelines.

lol Good point. I mean aren't these the fans who loved how Ronnie took part of his pinkie of so he could play? If it was Alex, I'm sure it would be a different story and they would love his heroics.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Bullshit. I guarantee you didn't hear anyone in the Bears organization saying anything like that.