• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Selfish Vick Costs Eagles the Arizona Game

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing wrong with a player wanting to play...it just shows his toughness and that he is a leader on the team....Players used to play all the time with broken bones...Jack youngblood played the entire 79 playoffs with a fractured left fibula..

It's the Players job to play if he thinks he can and/or the doctor says one way or the other, it's the coaches job to determine what's best for the team.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bullshit. I guarantee you didn't hear anyone in the Bears organization saying anything like that.

Correction, every player except the Bears. Do you really think they would slam there own QB who the team just gave away all their draft picks for? It was well publicized what the players in the league all said. If you don't believe me, read this. Although I don't see how any football fan missed all of this in the news for like 2 weeks.

Cutler's NFL contemporaries go after him on Twitter - Shutdown Corner - NFLBlog - Yahoo! Sports

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Correction, every player except the Bears. Do you really think they would slam there own QB who the team just gave away all their draft picks for? It was well publicized what the players in the league all said. If you don't believe me, read this. Although I don't see how any football fan missed all of this in the news for like 2 weeks.

Cutler's NFL contemporaries go after him on Twitter - Shutdown Corner - NFLBlog - Yahoo! Sports

Just as I thought; all speaking from ignorance since none of those players were involved in the game. The important thing was none of his teammates said anything. They knew the deal.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vick was 100% wrong for not telling the coaching staff that his ribs were broken. Chances are if he said he could play and wanted to play, they would have let him... but maybe it would have done him some good to get wrapped up and given a painkiller shot??

That is absolutely selfish of him to keep it to himself, I mean, it's rare that they pull a QB for that unless it's obvious he can't do anything because of the injury. Hell, maybe the team would have rallied behind him the way the Cowboys did with Romo. Your teammates love to know you're not giving up even with broken ribs...

I can't say it cost them the game though, because that team is so screwed up right now and has so many other problems like with how DeSean is playing at halfspeed trying to avoid an injury so he doesn't miss his free agency payday, and missing team meetings and being an overall distraction

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lol ok then. Stands up on sidelines, takes stairs at restaurants, seen going on walks with his girlfriend, do you really think he was able to do all that and not play better then Todd Collins and his 5.9 QB rating? I have a really hard time believing that. Do you expect any player on that team to say something anyway? They couldn't if they wanted to. No crutches, no surgery, dude just quit. I'm just saying if you're trying to help your argument, Cutler is the LAST person you should bring up. Everyone knows he bitched out cause he was getting hammered. I really just think you don't like Vick and needed excuse to get the hate out. I think the guys a scumbag but I like his work ethic now waaaaaaay more then Jay Quitler.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lol ok then. Stands up on sidelines, takes stairs at restaurants, seen going on walks with his girlfriend, do you really think he was able to do all that and not play better then Todd Collins and his 5.9 QB rating? I have a really hard time believing that. Do you expect any player on that team to say something anyway? They couldn't if they wanted to. No crutches, no surgery, dude just quit. I'm just saying if you're trying to help your argument, Cutler is the LAST person you should bring up. Everyone knows he bitched out cause he was getting hammered. I really just think you don't like Vick and needed excuse to get the hate out. I think the guys a scumbag but I like his work ethic now waaaaaaay more then Jay Quitler.

What I find hard to believe is that you would believe that someone as obsessively competitive as a professional athlete would just decide to quit for no reason in the biggest game of his life. Its absurd. You are right though I don't particularly care for Michael Vick. He's a lazy waste of athletic talent in my opinion.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Is anyone else confused?

So let's see... Vick allegedly hides an injury. Plays like shit. Therefore he's lazy. Maybe nothing to do with the fact that he's probably playing hurt, the backup QB option is shit, and it's the Cardinals @ Philly... - oh no, Vick's a lazy bastard. I'm baffled at the logic.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
cutler cost them the champship game!! i wouldn't want him on my team cause he gave up!! i'd rather have romo atleast he played with broken ribs and i hate the cowboys

I'd take Cutler in a half a second.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is anyone else confused?

So let's see... Vick allegedly hides an injury. Plays like shit. Therefore he's lazy. Maybe nothing to do with the fact that he's probably playing hurt, the backup QB option is shit, and it's the Cardinals @ Philly... - oh no, Vick's a lazy bastard. I'm baffled at the logic.

He's lazy in that he tries to get by on talent instead of studying and doing the work required to learn the game plan and the strengths and weaknesses of his opponents.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What I find hard to believe is that you would believe that someone as obsessively competitive as a professional athlete would just decide to quit for no reason in the biggest game of his life. Its absurd. You are right though I don't particularly care for Michael Vick. He's a lazy waste of athletic talent in my opinion.

Just because you're born with a gift, doesn't mean you like it or care for it. For all we know, the dude saw his arm as a paycheck. Not every player in the NFL loves football. Hell, we just witnessed that with Coffee. Plus, the guy didn't quit for no reason, he kept getting sacked and got that bitter face and quit. But I will agree with you that Vick is a huge waste of talent, although his second $100m contract disagrees with us.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's lazy in that he tries to get by on talent instead of studying and doing the work required to learn the game plan and the strengths and weaknesses of his opponents.

From the article you posted, where's your irrefutable evidence that Vick didn't study his opponent and didn't do the work required to learn the gameplan? Because the link says otherwise.

From the link...

With Vick off target and the Eagles still nursing a lead, the offense inexplicably continued to throw instead of turning to LeSean McCoy, the NFC's leading rusher.

To which Reid replies...

"In this case, in this game here, we felt like we could throw the ball against their defense because obviously we wanted to put up points... In hindsight, maybe we could have given him (McCoy) the ball more."

Sounds like a coach not in-tune with his QB and a QB trying to do too much while being hurt. The plan seems to have backfired on them instead of adjusting. But you conclude Vick was being lazy. There's nothing here about players being lazy - but that's what you concluded. Point to me where the article says Vick was being lazy?

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
FYI if you've read Joe's autobiography, he talks about how he never said he was hurt.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From the article you posted, where's your irrefutable evidence that Vick didn't study his opponent and didn't do the work required to learn the gameplan? Because the link says otherwise.

From the link...

With Vick off target and the Eagles still nursing a lead, the offense inexplicably continued to throw instead of turning to LeSean McCoy, the NFC's leading rusher.

To which Reid replies...

"In this case, in this game here, we felt like we could throw the ball against their defense because obviously we wanted to put up points... In hindsight, maybe we could have given him (McCoy) the ball more."

Sounds like a coach not in-tune with his QB and a QB trying to do too much while being hurt. The plan seems to have backfired on them instead of adjusting. But you conclude Vick was being lazy. There's nothing here about players being lazy - but that's what you concluded. Point to me where the article says Vick was being lazy?[/QUOTE]

Better go back and read the original post. I said this article indicates Vick was selfish, not lazy. The laziness claim came later and is about his overall career and how we wasted his talent.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the problem is Vick and part of the problem is the play-calling. McCoy isn't getting enough carries. When McCoy gets enough carries, the Eagles win most of the time.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Part of the problem is Vick and part of the problem is the play-calling. McCoy isn't getting enough carries. When McCoy gets enough carries, the Eagles win most of the time.

Vick is just too erratic to be counted on. And now, to add insult to injury, the guy who just signed a 100 million dollar contract has filed for bankruptcy today. I'd shit-can the fool before he brings the whole ship down around him.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A whole library, bro. A whole library.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bingo. It's a well documented demographic issue with that one.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone else confused?

What "logic" is that, EV?