• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second round - Battle of Alberta - Calgary Flames vs. Edmonton Oilers

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flames definitely played poorly in this series and the OIlers took advantage of many mistakes and Marky who just struggled throughout the series (although I thought he made some great saves tonight). Just feels like this was stolen from the Flames tonight. Maybe the Oilers still advance to the Western Conference Final in any event, but I feel robbed that we don't get to see a game 6.

Yeah. The Flames looked surprisingly slow and sloppy all series. The Oilers were allowed to let their skill shine and that's not how the Flames played in the regular season. Edmonton was the better team in this series.

But holy hell do I think there should be a game 6. That was probably the most surprised I've ever been on a video review in the NHL. Pure garbage.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flames definitely played poorly in this series and the OIlers took advantage of many mistakes and Marky who just struggled throughout the series (although I thought he made some great saves tonight). Just feels like this was stolen from the Flames tonight. Maybe the Oilers still advance to the Western Conference Final in any event, but I feel robbed that we don't get to see a game 6.
The officials/league have made themselves a massive part of incredibly important moments in these playoffs and it’s pretty deflating for fans.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draisaitl had 17 points in the series ???

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The officials/league have made themselves a massive part of incredibly important moments in these playoffs and it’s pretty deflating for fans.

You never want to put yourself in a situation where the officials/league can have an impact like that in a playoff game. I don't think the Flames gave up as many multi-goal leads all season like they did in this series against the Oilers. So many odd-man rushes given up as well, Marky was not good in this series, but the defense in front of him was very poor.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coleman's blade never left the ice. In order to kick the puck from that angle his blade would have come off the ice. Should have been a good goal.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wonder if the same call is made if it's game 7 instead of game 5 with the Oilers up 3 games to 1. I saw lots of rationalization from Flames fans last night saying the Flames weren't going to win the series regardless of that bs call. Sure wish I had that crystal ball as it could come in handy for sports betting and the stock market.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many Ex-Canucks on the team Dash.. you're talking like us now

Matty, the longer that review went on, I knew that goal was going to be waived off. The league was just looking for anything close to a distinct kicking motion to justify their case.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matty, the longer that review went on, I knew that goal was going to be waived off. The league was just looking for anything close to a distinct kicking motion to justify their case.

Without a doubt in my mind the league guided that series to a McDavid conference final appearance. . The battle of the Mc's is what the NHL wants. Watch the AVS get all the calls tonight

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer, lads.

Bad enough you lose to the Oilers.

Lose to the Oilers with Mike Smith as their goalie…

Don’t go off the deep end.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wonder if the same call is made if it's game 7 instead of game 5 with the Oilers up 3 games to 1. I saw lots of rationalization from Flames fans last night saying the Flames weren't going to win the series regardless of that bs call. Sure wish I had that crystal ball as it could come in handy for sports betting and the stock market.
They took back a Leafs tying goal in game 7 for a penalty they call one every 50 times.

They don’t care lol

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking of 1999 and Sabres fans last night. It also brought back some 2004 game 6 unpleasant memories as well.
Where was that kicking the puck call in 1989? lol