• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second round - Battle of Alberta - Calgary Flames vs. Edmonton Oilers

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Sabres fans join the misery club?
Oh Canucks and Sabres fans are tied at the hip. You know why?

marvel-cause-were-connected.gif

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The officials/league have made themselves a massive part of incredibly important moments in these playoffs and it’s pretty deflating for fans.
Who cares about them. As long as the betting sites and league marketing people are happy that's all that matters

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares about them. As long as the betting sites and league marketing people are happy that's all that matters
It’s true
I don’t even care about the game anymore - I do like to wager on them here and there however. Once Corey Perry retires I may not watch another game.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wanted calgary to win. I wanted Markstrom and Tanev and Toffoli to win. but damn am I HAPPY Sutter is not going to win lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dash with the Flames needing OT to win in game 7 in round 1 and now this disastrous 2nd round. Where they simply outplayed, one bad round or over rated from the regular season?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dash with the Flames needing OT to win in game 7 in round 1 and now this disastrous 2nd round. Where they simply outplayed, one bad round or over rated from the regular season?

Matty, I thought the Flames played quite well in the Dallas series and Otter was just incredible between the pipes for Dallas. I think against Edmonton, it just boils down to their top players being much better than the Flames top players and Smith outplayed Marky Also, Hyman and Kane really played well against the Flames. I think the most disappointing thing for me was the defensive breakdowns, yes Tanev being out was a big loss and even when he played he was not his regular self (who would be with all the injuries he was battling through), but Andersson and Hanifin were not even close to how they played in the regular season and the Oilers took advantage of the lack of foot speed of Gubberson and Zadorov.

Now we wait to see if Gaudreau re-signs with the Flames and what happens with Tkachuk as well, it's going to be an interesting off-season.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we wait to see if Gaudreau re-signs with the Flames and what happens with Tkachuk as well, it's going to be an interesting off-season.

yeah, THIS is as big an off season for Calgary as it is for Vancouver...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been thinking about this (not the Otto goal in '89) but kicked in goals in general and I used to think that we shouldn't allow goals to be kicked in due mainly to player safety issues (do you really want guys with razor sharp blades on their feet thrashing and kicking about in a goal crease?). However, since the NHL doesn't care about player safety due to the abysmal track record of the DOPS, I have changed my mind and I say let players kick the puck into the net. Let's remove any and all doubt and thus remove all reviews on all goals kicked in from this point forward.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been thinking about this (not the Otto goal in '89) but kicked in goals in general and I used to think that we shouldn't allow goals to be kicked in due mainly to player safety issues (do you really want guys with razor sharp blades on their feet thrashing and kicking about in a goal crease?). However, since the NHL doesn't care about player safety due to the abysmal track record of the DOPS, I have changed my mind and I say let players kick the puck into the net. Let's remove any and all doubt and thus remove all reviews on all goals kicked in from this point forward.
my brother always said since its so hard to do it should count as a skill.

he also thinks there should be 2 Olympics. one for clean athletes and one for Juiced up athletes and see which one gets watched most.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough to advance when your team has the worst goalie in round 2.