• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wingingit, what is your opinion on Trump's apparent nepotism in his appointees? To me, it's sickening and very alarming.

I think Trump buys or sells short stocks of companies just before he tweets about them. He's using his position as President as a pulpit to manipulate stock prices for his and his cronies' financial gain.
My opinion, have a good one!!!
Mine too, you too. :)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get this non-crony stuff myself. Just because he hasn't been in politics his whole life doesn't mean that he isn't into crony-ism, bigly!!! I'm sure big business never steals from the little guy to look after itself. No, that never happens.

I mean, just look at who he's appointed. A bunch of Wall Street (often failed but whatever). Multiple former Goldman Sachs execs? Yeah these guys wouldn't know a thing about stealing from taxpayers to pay out their bigwig buddies. THAT would never happen, right? :rolleyes2:

just had to fix one thing

Tillerson receives a $182 million golden parachute from Exxon and now he will have a hand in decisions that might impact that company ... BLIND TRUST BLIND TRUST they say !!! :L i say BLING BLING

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I'll bite,
Wall-I would rather my tax dollars be spent on a wall to slow down drug trafficking, slow the flow of people that have never payed taxes use health services, subsidized with my tax dollars. Regulate the flow of people coming, be vetted and pay taxes just like my family did coming in through Ellis Island, welcome but documented.

I'll just tackle the wall thing because it's probably Trump's most delusional idea.

It will take YEARS to survey the whole border. There is some seriously challenging terrain along that border, not even considering any hydrological features (and I'm sure there are many). Think about the consultation process (just geological/hydro) involved with any highway, pipeline, railway, etc. They HAVE to do that here or they will waste billions up and down the supply chain. Or the wall will physically fail within 10 years. Great!!

Okay, let's say you thoroughly and successfully survey the entire ~3000 km (2000 mile) border. That likely took 2-5 years. Let's say 2 for fun but I'd have my doubts that it could be done in 2 years. Now you have to build it. That is another 3-6 years. Let's say fast tracking is done. More expensive, ~$18B, but faster, ~3 years.

Awesome!! 5 years and let's say $20B and you've got a wall!! Now you've just got to man it. Indefinitely. Let's say, conservatively, that you need on average 3 guards for every 10 km. That ensures 24 hour coverage but just rotating surveillance. That's 900 guards who will have to be paid. I guess you could hire some Mexicans at low wages and that saves....oh wait. Nevermind. Gotta pay these guys an average of let's say 50K a year. That's $45M every year BEFORE all the training, management and infrastructure that will be needed. These guards out in the middle of nowhere are going to need a place to live after all. And food. And vehicles. And new services like water, electricity, heat, AC, etc.

Let's do all that and then still watch the majority of drugs, people and guns (going from gun happy USA to Mexican cartels) pass through already manned crossings, on planes and on boats. It's gonna be tremendous!!

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just tackle the wall thing because it's probably Trump's most delusional idea.

It will take YEARS to survey the whole border. There is some seriously challenging terrain along that border, not even considering any hydrological features (and I'm sure there are many). Think about the consultation process (just geological/hydro) involved with any highway, pipeline, railway, etc. They HAVE to do that here or they will waste billions up and down the supply chain. Or the wall will physically fail within 10 years. Great!!

Okay, let's say you thoroughly and successfully survey the entire ~3000 km (2000 mile) border. That likely took 2-5 years. Let's say 2 for fun but I'd have my doubts that it could be done in 2 years. Now you have to build it. That is another 3-6 years. Let's say fast tracking is done. More expensive, ~$18B, but faster, ~3 years.

Awesome!! 5 years and let's say $20B and you've got a wall!! Now you've just got to man it. Indefinitely. Let's say, conservatively, that you need on average 3 guards for every 10 km. That ensures 24 hour coverage but just rotating surveillance. That's 900 guards who will have to be paid. I guess you could hire some Mexicans at low wages and that saves....oh wait. Nevermind. Gotta pay these guys an average of let's say 50K a year. That's $45M every year BEFORE all the training, management and infrastructure that will be needed. These guards out in the middle of nowhere are going to need a place to live after all. And food. And vehicles. And new services like water, electricity, heat, AC, etc.

Let's do all that and then still watch the majority of drugs, people and guns (going from gun happy USA to Mexican cartels) pass through already manned crossings, on planes and on boats. It's gonna be tremendous!!

theyre gonna abolish the EPA so that problem is taken care of lol

/if you have a stake in companies up and down the supply chain, that can be highly lucrative ... Trump companies got paid bigly from the Trump campaign ... look for them to do the same with this project

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theyre gonna abolish the EPA so that problem is taken care of lol

/if you have a stake in companies up and down the supply chain, that can be highly lucrative ... Trump companies got paid bigly from the Trump campaign ... look for them to do the same with this project

Good point, but the wall will still likely fail (in spots) within a decade.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wal-Mart?

that might actually work ... their sales will drop after everything they import for US consumers gets slapped with tariffs ... this could be a new revenue generator for them ... and maybe they could put some bigly holes in that wall to get some of those goods they sell into the country duty free :thumb: MAGA!

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the walls will be falling apart as kenny brought up earlier ... you think anyone would notice if they covered the holes by hanging large tapestries (MADE IN THE USA of course ... probably by robots :noidea: ) of Commander Trump ?

kinda something in this style if you cant visualize it

s-l300.jpg

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize that the wall was introduced under Bush and 700 miles was already completed then halted...

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that the wall was introduced under Bush and 700 miles was already completed then halted...

You do realize it was a fence (or rather double fencing) that they tried to build.

And then there was this:

... the extremely high cost of complying with the Secure Fence Act's mandate—estimated at US$4.1 billion, or more than the Border Patrol’s entire annual budget of US$3.55 billion—was the main reason that it was not fulfilled.[8] In short, Congress failed to continue to fund the project past the initial $1.2 billion procured, in order to finish building the fence.

And that was for a fence. Trump has specifically talked about a wall. Does he mean a fence? I dunno. Does he know the difference? Who knows. But either way a fence was deemed unfeasible because it was ludicrously expensive. What exactly has changed?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize it was a fence (or rather double fencing) that they tried to build.

And then there was this:

And that was for a fence. Trump has specifically talked about a wall. Does he mean a fence? I dunno. Does he know the difference? Who knows. But either way a fence was deemed unfeasible because it was ludicrously expensive. What exactly has changed?

Trump cant even differentiate between the words "ban" and "ban"

/or can he????

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't spell Bannon without "ban"

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some new poll numbers - must be fake though as they're not flattering for the Prez:

C3rcH9pW8AACv55.jpg

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't believe he's still talking about how great his ratings were!! You're the fucking president you retard. You probably have more important things to communicate to leaders and the public.

Honestly how does this fucking twit have ANY support left.

Status
Not open for further replies.