• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost as bad as tweeting out your password.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex Tillerson confirmed as Secretary of State today. How soon do those Russia sanctions get eliminated by President Bannon er Trump?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like coffee.

Cmon guys, lets the president and his staff a chance.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops... Somehow multi-quoted dash in there. Was just supposed to be Comeds the Starbucks boycotter.

giphy.gif

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Sean, I don't think we can expect many more contributions from Frederick Douglass, him being dead and all.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Sean, I don't think we can expect many more contributions from Frederick Douglass, him being dead and all.

He's allegedly been dead since 1895. Sad! We haven't independently verified these claims. At this point this may be another incident of fake news coming from a low-class source like CNN or BBC. Really unfortunate.

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK I'll bite,
Wall-I would rather my tax dollars be spent on a wall to slow down drug trafficking, slow the flow of people that have never payed taxes use health services, subsidized with my tax dollars. Regulate the flow of people coming, be vetted and pay taxes just like my family did coming in through Ellis Island, welcome but documented.

Censoring Government Employees from illegally using Government resources for private and political use, which is actually illegal, Hatch Act, CFR.

Bannon didn't see that coming, Is his phone being used for national security or FOUO? nope!!!!!

I'm personally pro-choice, refugee children great, vet the parent though, see Ellis Island comment above.

If the sanctuaries are filled with fun loving, productive wonderful people, then why do said cities need the funding.

ACA-Hasn't happened and won't, overreaction.

Don't care about the foundation, especially if both Clintons just go away. The named countries have been shown to either support ISIS camps/training or don't have the strength to militarily to kick them out.
The President should liquidate everything he once owned (once owned!!), but only after Obie gives back all the money he made while in office minus his salary on book deals. Trump already said any money made at the hotels by foreign dignitaries would be sent to the treasury.

Overall reason I voted for Trump is he isn't a political crony and not a Clinton, which I have NEVER LIKED.

My opinion, have a good one!!!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall reason I voted for Trump is he isn't a political crony and not a Clinton, which I have NEVER LIKED.

My opinion, have a good one!!!

I think this resonated with a lot of folks, that "basket of deplorables" comment by Clinton didn't help either. I was surprised Trump won the Republican nomination and very surprised he won the election. Maybe he will surprise as president.

/And I guess we should all pray for Arnold and his ratings :D

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can report that Sean Spicer saw his shadow this morning meaning that he will be press secretary for at least six more weeks.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the sanctuaries are filled with fun loving, productive wonderful people, then why do said cities need the funding.
That's a strawman argument. NYC is the most populous and ethnically diverse city in the US. Whether or not it is considered a sanctuary is irrelevant. Removing anti-terrorism money for any reason is going to make it less safe.

Last edited:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant spell crony with the letters CON

just look at the appointments/nominations he has made ... these are patronage based ... alot of pay for play going on .. and i dont understand how this supposed stepping away from his businesses is acceptable and how he is being taken for his word ... how can this giving up control of the businesses to his children be seen as an arms length transaction ... just dont get it ... just so many conflicts of interest and opportunities to financially gain from his position of power ... and it filters up and down to everyone in his camp ... i saw our NHL buddy Vinny Viola is bidding for some airline that has govt contracts to fly illegals back to their country ... talk about sucking at the government teet ... you think that wouldnt influence policy?

/
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/01/...secretary.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Mr. Viola, co-owner of the Florida Panthers hockey team with an estimated net worth of approximately $1.8 billion, has been trying to swap his majority interest in Eastern Air Lines for a smaller stake in Swift Air, a charter company with millions of dollars in hard-to-track government subcontracts, according to people with knowledge of the negotiations who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

While Mr. Viola’s reasons for seeking a sale of Eastern Air Lines are not known, such a transaction would certainly reduce his exposure to the airline industry, which is heavily regulated by the federal government. But in exchange, Mr. Viola, a retired Army major, may find himself in the precarious position of being a government official who benefits from federal contracts.

Mr. Trump has asked an unusual number of extraordinarily wealthy businesspeople to join his administration, and ethics lawyers and government watchdog groups have predicted that their complicated financial lives could create conflicts of interest. Mr. Viola has remained largely under the radar, but his airline negotiations bring an unexpected twist, showing that even when appointees try to sell assets, the transactions can be bedeviled with ethical issues.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get this non-crony stuff myself. Just because he hasn't been in politics his whole life doesn't mean that he isn't into crony-ism, big league!! I'm sure big business never steals from the little guy to look after itself. No, that never happens.

I mean, just look at who he's appointed. A bunch of Wall Street (often failed but whatever). Multiple former Goldman Sachs execs? Yeah these guys wouldn't know a thing about stealing from taxpayers to pay out their bigwig buddies. THAT would never happen, right? :rolleyes2:

Status
Not open for further replies.