• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Allentown family who is fighting to have their relatives return to the United States after they were detained at Philadelphia International Airport and sent back to Syria under the immigration order told "NBC Nightly News" that they voted for Donald Trump.

“I understand he wants to make America safe,” Sarmad Assali said. "We're all on with this. I definitely want to be in a safe place. But people need us and we need to be there for them."

Assali and her husband, Dr. Ghassan Assali, who has a dentistry practice and received his degree from New York University, are originally from Syria but have been living in the United States for 20 years. Sarmad Assali's two brothers, their wives and their two children initiated their immigration attempts in 2003 while living in Syria. In December 2016, they were approved to join Assali and her husband in Allentown after the couple bought and furnished a home for them.

But early Saturday morning, after they landed at Philadelphia International Airport, Assali's relatives were detained. They were then sent on an 18-hour flight back overseas.

"Two security guards were waiting for them," Assali said. "They took them. They said, 'Are you Syrians?' They said, 'Yes.' They said, 'Come with us.'"

Read more: Family of Syrians Deported From Philadelphia Voted for Trump

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"May you get what you wish for" has never been a more apt curse.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Allentown family who is fighting to have their relatives return to the United States after they were detained at Philadelphia International Airport and sent back to Syria under the immigration order told "NBC Nightly News" that they voted for Donald Trump.

“I understand he wants to make America safe,” Sarmad Assali said. "We're all on with this. I definitely want to be in a safe place. But people need us and we need to be there for them."

Assali and her husband, Dr. Ghassan Assali, who has a dentistry practice and received his degree from New York University, are originally from Syria but have been living in the United States for 20 years. Sarmad Assali's two brothers, their wives and their two children initiated their immigration attempts in 2003 while living in Syria. In December 2016, they were approved to join Assali and her husband in Allentown after the couple bought and furnished a home for them.

But early Saturday morning, after they landed at Philadelphia International Airport, Assali's relatives were detained. They were then sent on an 18-hour flight back overseas.

"Two security guards were waiting for them," Assali said. "They took them. They said, 'Are you Syrians?' They said, 'Yes.' They said, 'Come with us.'"

Fuck them. They fucked their own relatives.

Holy shit the number of fucking people who voted for this guy who didn't apparently listen to his words. You're all fucking morons.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, on my list of people I have sympathy for these twats are about number 2,303,899,987.

Trump said he was going to do this shit and you thought you'd get a tax break because you are a high-earning dentist, and decided to cast your vote for a racist baboon?

Well fuck off.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm just getting soft in my old age, I mean you go through a 13 year process to emigrate to the States and everything looks good and the day before your plane lands in America, an executive order comes down and denies your entry and sends you back to your homeland. Yeah, I see the valid points above, but when you think of what's happening in certain areas of Syria these days, that's still a punch to the gut for those people.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm just getting soft in my old age, I mean you go through a 13 year process to emigrate to the States and everything looks good and the day before your plane lands in America, an executive order comes down and denies your entry and sends you back to your homeland. Yeah, I see the valid points above, but when you think of what's happening in certain areas of Syria these days, that's still a punch to the gut for those people.
You can feel for the family while still thinking their relatives are fucking morons, which they are.

I feel bad for people who've had these idiots do their dental work.

bbobs06+simpsons.JPG

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear ya dash. I'm just so furious with people who voted for that dyed-orange dishrag that I find it hard to empathize with their immigration issues.

You're absolutely right about what they might be flying back into though.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can there be Coach's Challenges for presidential elections?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are a propaganda film execution waiting to happen the instant they land.

Status
Not open for further replies.