• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they can get this passed just in time for Christmas?

Gun-rights supporters are eyeing a big win this week as a bill that would make concealed-carry permits valid across state lines heads to the House floor -- though it faces long odds in the Senate amid deep-pocketed opposition from gun-control advocates.

“This is just simple, common-sense legislation that says if you’re a law-abiding citizen … we’re not going to turn you into a criminal just for crossing an invisible state line,” bill sponsor Rep. Richard Hudson, R-N.C., told “Fox News @ Night.”

Hudson says the bill simply attempts to clarify the patchwork of state laws that confuse citizens who can unwittingly get arrested when traveling from state to state.

Major concealed-carry bill picks up momentum, steams toward House floor

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like an idiot, I complained about the effect of the tax code on graduate students, and so obviously I was told I was just taking advantage of the taxpayers and need to get off the government welfare and contribute to society in a more profitable way, so that was fun.

DQMw5RCU8AA8tHN.jpg:large

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm only 29 (in one month), and I make a little more than that, but the point stands.

Also, all my friends are gone because they graduated before me, so I'm isolated now, which makes the whole thing a lot more fun.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only 29 (in one month), and I make a little more than that, but the point stands.

Also, all my friends are gone because they graduated before me, so I'm isolated now, which makes the whole thing a lot more fun.

Just say and do inappropriate things around the undergrads. They'll be eager to get you out of there and will fast track your thesis defense. At least I'm pretty sure that's what got me through.

If you're wondering about how far you can go with your lewd, lascivious, outrageous behavior refer to Comeds and Chiles (2017) for a suitable methodology to avoid civil action.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just say and do inappropriate things around the undergrads. They'll be eager to get you out of there and will fast track your thesis defense. At least I'm pretty sure that's what got me through.

If you're wondering about how far you can go with your lewd, lascivious, outrageous behavior refer to Comeds and Chiles (2017) for a suitable methodology to avoid civil action.

While that might work for Comeds, it's not really my style. Students have attempted to be inappropriate with me, even, and my instinct response is a disapproving glare.

Of course, that's my instinct response to all social advances, so...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you talking about the time I ordered the bone-in wings appetizer and told her to hold the wings? That was never proven. I mean yeah I definitely said that, but they never prooved it. I pled not guilty.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they can get this passed just in time for Christmas?

Gun-rights supporters are eyeing a big win this week as a bill that would make concealed-carry permits valid across state lines heads to the House floor -- though it faces long odds in the Senate amid deep-pocketed opposition from gun-control advocates.

“This is just simple, common-sense legislation that says if you’re a law-abiding citizen … we’re not going to turn you into a criminal just for crossing an invisible state line,” bill sponsor Rep. Richard Hudson, R-N.C., told “Fox News @ Night.”

Hudson says the bill simply attempts to clarify the patchwork of state laws that confuse citizens who can unwittingly get arrested when traveling from state to state.

Major concealed-carry bill picks up momentum, steams toward House floor

It's inspiring to see how the Republicans consistently leave it up to the states to legislate locally without all that interference on a federal level.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List of folks that Trump and his supporters hate:

'tis the season.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roy Moore says he first noticed his future wife when she was around 15 years old

“When I was deputy district attorney, many years before we got married, I saw her at a dance recital and I was standing, oh, at the back of the auditorium and I saw her up front,” he said in the interview. “I remember her name, it was Kayla Kisor. KK. But I remember that, and I didn’t meet her there … it was, oh gosh, eight years later or something, I met her. And when she told me her name, I remembered.”

Doing the math....if they married when she was 24 and he first noticed her 8 years prior that means she was about 15/16. Didn't the subway guy go to jail for this? Heck if he wanted to get out of jail now just move to Alabama, declare Jesus and run for congress or senate as a Republican!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

John Dowd, President Trump's outside lawyer, contended to Axios' Mike Allen that the "president cannot obstruct justice because he is the chief law enforcement officer... and has every right to express his view of any case." Attorney General Jeff Sessions would disagree — or at least would have during the Clinton impeachment proceedings in 1999, as Politico points out.

Then-senator Sessions voted to remove Clinton from office because of a "continuous pattern to lie and obstruct justice," which he deemed a "high crime."

Keep reading 152 words
Full Quote:

"... the Constitution of the United States requires the Senate to convict and remove the President of the United States if it is proven that he has committed high crimes while in office. It has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt and to a moral certainty that President William Jefferson Clinton has persisted in a continuous pattern to lie and obstruct justice. The chief law officer of the land, whose oath of office calls on him to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution, crossed the line and failed to protect the law, and, in fact, attacked the law and the rights of a fellow citizen. Under our Constitution, such acts are high crimes and equal justice requires that he forfeit his office. For these reasons, I felt compelled to vote to convict and remove the President from office."

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought this was a good read:

God’s Plan for Mike Pence

A few key lines:

-Mike Pence was as fun of a college frat brother as you would expect he was.

-Paul Manafort had to fake a plane issue to get Trump to see Pence one more time as he was set on naming Chris Christie his VP.

-The GOP almost gave Trump $800 million to drop out after the Access Hollywood tape.

-"Mother" finds Trump reprehensible and vile.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Status
Not open for further replies.