• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WASHINGTON - A group of conservative Republican lawmakers introduced a resolution on Friday calling for Robert Mueller to recuse himself as the special counsel investigating Russia's interference in the 2016 US election and whether President Donald Trump's campaign team colluded with Moscow.

Reps. Matt Gaetz of Florida, Andy Biggs of Arizona, and Louie Gohmert of Texas say Mueller should step down because he was the FBI director in 2010 when US government agencies approved the sale of Uranium One, a Canadian energy company, to a Russian nuclear-energy firm. The deal required approval because Uranium One had mining operations in the US.

Republicans just introduced a resolution to remove Mueller from the Trump-Russia investigation

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WASHINGTON - A group of conservative Republican lawmakers introduced a resolution on Friday calling for Robert Mueller to recuse himself as the special counsel investigating Russia's interference in the 2016 US election and whether President Donald Trump's campaign team colluded with Moscow.

Reps. Matt Gaetz of Florida, Andy Biggs of Arizona, and Louie Gohmert of Texas say Mueller should step down because he was the FBI director in 2010 when US government agencies approved the sale of Uranium One, a Canadian energy company, to a Russian nuclear-energy firm. The deal required approval because Uranium One had mining operations in the US.

Republicans just introduced a resolution to remove Mueller from the Trump-Russia investigation

How is that even relevant? How much grasping at straws is going to happen?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They added an addendum that also pointed out that Mueller was at the FBI when that Jim Joyce fella blew that call that has WW all riled up still.

There are also rumors that he was alive when Scott Norwood missed that kick.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and the tuck rule.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just need to finish the back nine first...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do we know about the shooter? I'm not sure if it's a white guy and there's nothing we can do except send our thoughts and prayers. Or if it's a non white and we should change immigration policies and maybe classify some religions as hate groups.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do we know about the shooter? I'm not sure if it's a white guy and there's nothing we can do except send our thoughts and prayers. Or if it's a non white and we should change immigration policies and maybe classify some religions as hate groups.
Given that we're already trotting out the "it's a mental health problem not a gun problem" line, I'm guessing white guy.

Thoughts and prayers it is.

EDIT: I know the name is out there, but I haven't seen a picture yet.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No calling this guy an animal or saying those like him should be hung. It's just a terrible unavoidable good ole American, white, Christian tragedy. Has anyone mentioned dirty Hillary as a second shooter here? Unfair! #FakeNews #Covfefejalsdjwsal

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It bears repeating:

I salute all of our brave bystanders who involuntarily gave their lives to defend our 2nd Amendment rights.

Freedom isn't free.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd feel the need to chime in on the mental health v. guns narrative that the MAGAPOTUS spouted following this latest massacre.

It's alarming to me that this president can cite mental illness as a reason for this while his administration has worked hard to remove access to medical treatment for millions of Americans. Among those millions there are going to thousands of mentally ill people. Who better to identify mental illness than medical professionals? But his idea is to make these people pay for it themselves.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this administration is pretty much making it easier for many mentally ill people to buy a gun than it is for them to get treatment. I hate to use his own word but it really is sad.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It bears repeating:

I salute all of our brave bystanders who involuntarily gave their lives to defend our 2nd Amendment rights.

Freedom isn't free.
This is just wrong...and you know it.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it any more wrong than politicians 'sending' thoughts and prayers with no intention of even thinking about doing anything else to help curb these events?
I addressed what I think was a woefully misplaced/misguided opinion. Very far reach and in poor taste

What you bring up is a whole nother cluster...and it would be interesting to hear what you feel these politicians should do to prevent these things from happening...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very far reach and in poor taste

Agreed. The Texas' AG's suggestion is in very poor taste.

This mass shooter had a convinction for assault on his own family. Many mass shooter's have histories of domestic abuse or violence.

It seems like a very simple gun control step would be to create a lifetime ban on purchasing firearms when you are convicted of certain violent crimes or if/while you have any type of restraining order on you.

"But that won't stop those people from getting guns!" -Says a random dumb person who ironically votes for "law and order" candidates. Maybe. First of all, you don't not create laws because some people may get around them. Feasibility is one component among many to be considered. The argument doesn't stop there as much as a dumb citizen with no understanding of public policy would like it to.

Second, and most importantly, you can now arrest that person for attempting to get a gun. So you have an opportunity for law enforcement to intervene PRIOR to violence/mass shooting/etc. which will prevent some instances. We have speed limits, some people still speed. But you can repeatedly fine and reduce driving privileges for those who are offenders. This won't prevent all motor vehicle death. But it does allow us as a society to (1) curb the behavior or (2) remove the person from the road if they repeatedly show a lack of adherence to the law. We do this for cars... but not for guns because... NRA lobbyists and dumb gun owners who blindly yell second amendment

Third, you allow neighbors and communities to assist law enforcement by having a bright line rule. See your neighbor you know is not allowed to have guns with a gun, you can call the cops. No difficult decision process to go through in terms of knowing what the proper action is.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you bring up is a whole nother cluster...and it would be interesting to hear what you feel these politicians should do to prevent these things from happening...
Sensible gun control. "Well-regulated" as the 2nd amendment intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.