• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 10-12 years, all cars will drive themselves.
In 20 years, it will be illegal for people to drive a car themselves with a few exceptions.

Comments...

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 20 years, it will be illegal for people to drive a car themselves with a few exceptions.

Comments...

When I die, I want to go like my grandpa did peacefully in his sleep and not like his passengers screaming in his car.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As he spoke about bringing electricity to remote African villages, Perry linked his desire to use fossil fuels to the prevention of sexual assault.

“But also from the standpoint of sexual assault,” Perry said. “When the lights are on, when you have light that shines, the righteousness, if you will on those types of acts.

“So from the standpoint of how you really affect people’s lives, fossil fuels is going to play a role in that,” he added.

Rick Perry believes fossil fuels can prevent sexual assault

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comments...
I think it will be brilliant. I definitely get the appeal of leisure driving, but the various costs to society that self-driving cars will reduce or virtually eliminate far outweighs that to me.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comments...

How much road rage will occur when you're late for work and the self-driving car decides to stop at the red light instead of running it making you even later :D

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As he spoke about bringing electricity to remote African villages, Perry linked his desire to use fossil fuels to the prevention of sexual assault.

“But also from the standpoint of sexual assault,” Perry said. “When the lights are on, when you have light that shines, the righteousness, if you will on those types of acts.

“So from the standpoint of how you really affect people’s lives, fossil fuels is going to play a role in that,” he added.

Rick Perry believes fossil fuels can prevent sexual assault

Source: how well it's worked in this country.

Wait...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much road rage will occur when you're late for work and the self-driving car decides to stop at the red light instead of running it making you even later :D

Human error, poor driving, and curiosity that causes accidents and delays will mean roadways will be able to transport many more vehicles and people than before and make travel times more predictable.

Your car will probably learn when you need to leave for work and start honking at you if it gets too late. ;)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Human error, poor driving, and curiosity that causes accidents and delays will mean roadways will be able to transport many more vehicles and people than before and make travel times more predictable.

Your car will probably learn when you need to leave for work and start honking at you if it gets too late. ;)

I'd have to guess it would be accompanied by an increase in availability and efficiency of public transportation, as well, which would also relieve gridlock and speed up commutes. At least, that's a direction I would hope for.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Sessions could be in deep doo-doo...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to guess it would be accompanied by an increase in availability and efficiency of public transportation, as well, which would also relieve gridlock and speed up commutes. At least, that's a direction I would hope for.

Yeah, I'm sure it would change the nature of car ownership and commuting patterns a great deal. I'm sure a lot of people would still buy/lease their own car. But imagine the large car sharing ownership groups you could create with a lower cost but having a car available whenever you need it. Buses would likely become smaller and more frequent without the need to pay drivers and to improve fuel efficiency. And "taxi" services like Uber would be even more popular and cost less.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see self driving traffic to be more like:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Sessions could be in deep doo-doo...

Someone with skillzzz needs to put sessions head on this image

95afec3e257b6db76ec56fb02e9bdb1b.jpg

/wait... was it already done to that picture? :think:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm sure it would change the nature of car ownership and commuting patterns a great deal. I'm sure a lot of people would still buy/lease their own car. But imagine the large car sharing ownership groups you could create with a lower cost but having a car available whenever you need it. Buses would likely become smaller and more frequent without the need to pay drivers and to improve fuel efficiency. And "taxi" services like Uber would be even more popular and cost less.

Also, as cycling becomes a more popular commuting option, and as cities accommodate it with improved and wider-spread bike paths, gridlock falls even more.

I love cycling places provided I don't need to transport too much stuff and I'm sufficiently close to them. (Typically, I don't like to go more than 5 miles, especially in the summer, and especially if I need to be dressed alright for wherever I'm going, though that distance increases come winter, or for things which don't require me to dress well, and I can push the limit to 10 miles before it starts taking way too long to get there.) It's cheaper, obviously, and I don't have to worry much about parking. And there are places I can get to on my bike that are much harder to get to in a car, without even breaking any traffic laws. (Sometimes I get off my bike and walk it for a bit if that's more convenient.) I think a lot of folks think similarly to me about it, hence its increased popularity.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comments...

not sure about illegal to drive yourself but i can see a future world where maybe 1 lane of traffic on highways was allotted to "self drivers" ... I can see insurance and registration fees being made super expensive though :noidea:

Status
Not open for further replies.