• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone please explain to me how this isn't murder?

Transcript of the audio:

Mr. Castile, who had a permit to carry a gun, then says, “Sir, I have to tell you I do have a firearm on me.”

Officer Yanez then reaches toward his holster and says, “O.K., don’t reach for it, then.”

Mr. Castile starts to answer, but is cut off by Officer Yanez, whose voice is now raised. “Don’t pull it out!” the officer yells.

“I’m not pulling it out,” Mr. Castile says, and Ms. Reynolds also tries to assure Officer Yanez that her boyfriend is not grabbing the gun.

Officer Yanez again yells, “Don’t pull it out!” Then he fires seven shots, fatally wounding Mr. Castile. “I wasn’t reaching,” Mr. Castile says softly just after the gunfire stops.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Transcript of the audio:

Mr. Castile, who had a permit to carry a gun, then says, “Sir, I have to tell you I do have a firearm on me.”

Officer Yanez then reaches toward his holster and says, “O.K., don’t reach for it, then.”

Mr. Castile starts to answer, but is cut off by Officer Yanez, whose voice is now raised. “Don’t pull it out!” the officer yells.

“I’m not pulling it out,” Mr. Castile says, and Ms. Reynolds also tries to assure Officer Yanez that her boyfriend is not grabbing the gun.

Officer Yanez again yells, “Don’t pull it out!” Then he fires seven shots, fatally wounding Mr. Castile. “I wasn’t reaching,” Mr. Castile says softly just after the gunfire stops.

Well you know, he smelled the reefer so it's a good shoot.

Watching this yesterday is what made me take a break from talking about serious shit on here for the evening. It is just heartbreaking. Anyone reading this, make sure you are prepared when you press "play" (and at the same time know that it will still probably disturb you).

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has the NRA said anything about a law abiding gun owner being killed like this yet? :whistle:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't. It's murder.

And I say that as someone who comes from three generations of law enforcement on one side of my family, and two on the other. And who works a job that interacts with law enforcement, sometimes in a number of countries, daily.

There is no explaining or justifying that. None.

I just hate that it will be used to paint all cops with that same brush by people who already hate cops. I know it will be used as a training aid by cops. It is a perfect example of everything you are not supposed to do.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Transcript of the audio:

I couldn't convict on a murder charge. I think the moment of the shoot was a mistake, but it was a mistake that was created by the moments/actions of the officer leading up to it. So manslaughter or negligence, either of those I could do. But neither side would pick me for the jury anyway :wink:

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Transcript of the audio:

These were my immediate thoughts after watching this last evening.

I don't know why i watched the video of the shooting of Philandro Castile because i knew it would be terrible. But i can't believe the jury's decision after watching it.

I know the police only have seconds to react but if the officer felt threatened couldn't he have just backed away from the car and ordered him to come out with his hands up?

And if Mr. Castile would have exited the car with a gun raised by all means he would have been justified.

And if Mr. Castile would have exited the car empty handed and arms raised he would still be alive.

But he wasn't given either chance.

It's sad no matter what your opinion may be.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These were my immediate thoughts after watching this last evening.

I don't know why i watched the video of the shooting of Philandro Castile because i knew it would be terrible. But i can't believe the jury's decision after watching it.

I know the police only have seconds to react but if the officer felt threatened couldn't he have just backed away from the car and ordered him to come out with his hands up?

And if Mr. Castile would have exited the car with a gun raised by all means he would have been justified.

And if Mr. Castile would have exited the car empty handed and arms raised he would still be alive.

But he wasn't given either chance.

It's sad no matter what your opinion may be.

Yep, like I said above I think the actual shoot was a mistake rather than a malicious attempt to do harm, but the irresponsible actions of the officer leading up to the shoot were entirely what made the mistake happen.

"Don't reach for it". He thought he wasn't, the officer thought he was. But if you give a clearer, more specific order you don't have to worry about ambiguity.

Anyway, I may have to stop talking about this as it's ruining my mood again. Friday was a bad day for verdicts.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, like I said above I think the actual shoot was a mistake rather than a malicious attempt to do harm, but the irresponsible actions of the officer leading up to the shoot were entirely what made the mistake happen.

"Don't reach for it". He thought he wasn't, the officer thought he was. But if you give a clearer, more specific order you don't have to worry about ambiguity.

Anyway, I may have to stop talking about this as it's ruining my mood again. Friday was a bad day for verdicts.
The first shot maybe. 7 shots though??

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first shot maybe. 7 shots though??

If you honestly think that he's pulling his gun (and I believe that Yanez did think that) do you only fire once? Of course not. And it's not like the 7 shots were spread out enough that he would have gotten definitive proof that his idea about what was happening was wrong in between them.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this covfefe free trade covfefe?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Unlike anything I’ve ever seen”

Then he didn’t do much research. Canadian premiers and American governors have been collaborating on files that would typically be handled federally for ages, including against “Buy American” clauses Obama tried to pass during the recession and a carbon tax plan that was implemented unilaterally by Quebec, Ontario and California.

This is pretty par for the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.