• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DCcRqXiXYAI0NnA.jpg:large

his and hers for the beach going millennial couple that cant figure out the difference between wants and needs :noidea:

DCXmzT1WsAAAPlR.jpg

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his and hers for the beach going millennial couple that cant figure out the difference between wants and needs :noidea:

DCXmzT1WsAAAPlR.jpg

If the guy is wearing that then I think there may be some other things that they can't tell the difference between :wink:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saskatoon got a taco bell today lmao

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I did some digging and I managed to find the exact product used for both the cladding and insulation.

The panels used are Reynobond-branded aluminum and polystyrene bonding agent. The bonding agent is infused with semi-rigid insulation, and the product has both a Class "A" fire rating in the States as well as per the Canadian National Building Code (https://www.arconic.com/aap/north_a...tional_Building_Code_of_Canada_Fire_Tests.pdf).

The actual wall insulation, the stuff that is fastened just beyond the vapour barrier against the wall of the structure, is Celotex RS5000. This product isn't sold here far as I can tell (I use insulations all the time and have never heard of it) and their spec is as per British standards but under "Surface Spread of Flames" they have it listed as "Class 0". A search for what this certification means brought up the following:

Class 1 – Protects your surface from the spread of flames.

Class 0 – Protects your surface from the spread of flames AND limits the amount of heat released from the surface during a fire.

I'm not with the office of the fire marshal but I am very familiar with construction products and fire ratings. To me, these materials would not have fed a fire and would rather either stop its spread or, as it appears here, be overwhelmed by the ferocity of it.

They used the cheaper more inflammable ( :eyebrows: )version of the panels so yes it fed the fire ... panels that are only allowed to be used in ontario for structures under 6 storeys ... you linked the FR product which wasnt the product used

The video in the link below says for the 17 million dollar refurbishment project, they saved $8500 by using the cheaper product :L

London fire: Cladding blamed for inferno’s rapid spread restricted in Canada

The public housing block’s cladding had been changed in a 2016 renovation, but reports have emerged that contractors installed a cheaper, less flame-resistant material. The Guardian reported that they used aluminum composite cladding on the building’s exterior, but opted to use a plastic type called Reynobond PE, rather than Reynobond FR, which stands for fire-resistant.

Reynobond, the U.S. company that supplied materials for the Grenfell Tower renovations, also sells products in North America. However, it warns on its website that use of Reynobond PE is discouraged by the International Building Code, and in several countries, for taller structures

So the company warns against the use of the product in taller structures ... but turned around and supplied/sold it for use on this tall structure. They better call some lawyers not currently employed by trump and or his surrogates

Last edited:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget that last post ... its all this guys fault ... wtf???? :L

^
seems like something piers morgan would do

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They used the cheaper more inflammable ( :eyebrows: )version of the panels so yes it fed the fire ... panels that are only allowed to be used in ontario for structures under 6 storeys ... you linked the FR product which wasnt the product used

The video in the link below says for the 17 million dollar refurbishment project, they saved $8500 by using the cheaper product :L

London fire: Cladding blamed for inferno’s rapid spread restricted in Canada

The public housing block’s cladding had been changed in a 2016 renovation, but reports have emerged that contractors installed a cheaper, less flame-resistant material. The Guardian reported that they used aluminum composite cladding on the building’s exterior, but opted to use a plastic type called Reynobond PE, rather than Reynobond FR, which stands for fire-resistant.

Reynobond, the U.S. company that supplied materials for the Grenfell Tower renovations, also sells products in North America. However, it warns on its website that use of Reynobond PE is discouraged by the International Building Code, and in several countries, for taller structures

So the company warns against the use of the product in taller structures ... but turned around and supplied/sold it for use on this tall structure. They better call some lawyers not currently employed by trump and or his surrogates

The company doesn't need to abide by building codes so long as they aren't building anything. Legally, I don't think they have anything to worry about. If they provide the information on their site that they advise against useing the PE for taller structures, they've done their part to accurately convey the information. It's up to the building owner/contractors to choose the correct materials for their projects.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For my anniversary this year I think my wife and I are going to one of those places that offer a Flatliner experience. Anyone have any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.