• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DB0WoPrXcAQQoNp.jpg

DB0WoPqXYAQ_Sts.jpg

Man, that last paragraph could have used a proof-reader - "In sum, it is not established that there the President"

/It needs a dagnabit somewhere in there :D
Honest question: is it normal for a sitting President to have a personal lawyer speaking on his behalf? Doesn't the Justice Department represent the President in his capacity as President?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A statement from John McCain:

"I get the sense from Twitter that my line of questioning today went over people's heads. Maybe going forward I shouldn't stay up late watching the Diamondbacks night games.

"What I was trying to get at was whether Mr. Comey believes that any of his interactions with the President rise to the level of obstruction of justice. In the case of Secretary Clinton's emails, Mr. Comey was willing to step beyond his role as an investigator and state his belief about what 'no reasonable prosecutor' would conclude about the evidence. I wanted Mr. Comey to apply the same approach to the key question surrounding his interactions with President Trump—whether or not the President's conduct constitutes obstruction of justice. While I missed an opportunity in today's hearing, I still believe this question is important, and I intend to submit it in writing to Mr. Comey for the record."

In response, the Arizona baseball team tweeted: "¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question: is it normal for a sitting President to have a personal lawyer speaking on his behalf? Doesn't the Justice Department represent the President in his capacity as President?
Clinton had Robert Bennett as his lawyer during Lewinsky but I don't think he ever released statements on the White House's behalf.

Also, wouldn't it be the WH counsel that handles things like this anyway, not the JD?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DB0WoPrXcAQQoNp.jpg

DB0WoPqXYAQ_Sts.jpg

Man, that last paragraph could have used a proof-reader - "In sum, it is not established that there the President"

/It needs a dagnabit somewhere in there :D
I feel like most of the statement was written by an actual adult and the last two paragraphs were written by Donald Trump.

"We will leave it the appropriate authorities to determine whether this leaks should be investigated along with all those others being investigated."

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clinton had Robert Bennett as his lawyer during Lewinsky but I don't think he ever released statements on the White House's behalf.

Also, wouldn't it be the WH counsel that handles things like this anyway, not the JD?
I don't know. Maybe the JD represents the Executive Branch as a whole in these things, but the President would be directly represented by WH counsel?

It's hard to say because even the Lewinsky thing was a personal legal issue that morphed into the perjury charges and impeachment, so I would think if the President is accused of malfeasance in his official role that it wouldn't be under the scope of the personal lawyer.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The meltdown is glorious.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise that Seinfeld is reluctant to tour Africa...

giphy.gif

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duh, if you shave your head you can't keep the gold warm. It's guys with a lot of hair that have gold in there.

Stupid Mozambiquens.

:think: idk gold is a good heat conductor ... but then again you may be on to something :think:

tumblr_m8gwoy9K041r324lio1_500.gif

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Jeremy Corbyn's speech as his district's results are in, and they have a box in the corner showing Theresa May preparing for the results in her district.

And it appears that Elmo and the Black Knight from Monty Python are suiting up near her.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's real. The Black Knight's name is "Lord Buckethead". He got 106 votes.

pri_39568949.jpg

Elmo's name is Bobby Smith. He got 3 votes.
i-9E4os5.jpg

There is also someone running for the Raving Looney party. I didn't catch a name, but he is dressed like Boss Hogg.

AND, Theresa May's home Constituency is "Maidenhead". I am not making that up.

Look that up on Webster's.com if you don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.