• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC program with least amount of fans?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEXAS A&M had like 10 total fans for the last 20 years.
They were an extinct breed.
There was far more Oklahoma fans in the state of TEXAS to be the anti-Longhorn group.

Now, there are a zillion "lifelong" diehard Aggie fans everywhere with aTm stickers on their cars, wearing Yankees cap, and XXL Lebron James jerseys.
There are only a few core SEC fan bases (Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, Kentucky).
Florida has probably joined that group finally.

All the rest tend to come and go with whatever is hot at the moment.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEXAS A&M had like 10 total fans for the last 20 years.
They were an extinct breed.
There was far more Oklahoma fans in the state of TEXAS to be the anti-Longhorn group.

Now, there are a zillion "lifelong" diehard Aggie fans everywhere with aTm stickers on their cars, wearing Yankees cap, and XXL Lebron James jerseys.
There are only a few core SEC fan bases (Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, Kentucky).
Florida has probably joined that group finally.

All the rest tend to come and go with whatever is hot at the moment.

I knew that "12th Man" stuff was bullshit.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vanderbilt. Fewer students = fewer alums. And, it's Vanderbilt how many people are going to grow up Vanderbilt football fans with no ties to the University? Especially since Tennessee was good.

this

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't think of a better place to put this and didn't want to start a thread.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once saw a user on here say Vandy is kept in the SEC for the GPA? :noidea:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vanderbilt are wannabe rich people. Fuck those snobs who try to hide the fact that theyre inbred by showing that they have money
What's a wannabe rich people? I am a Vandy grad and I can assure you there are plenty of realtime rich people that went there, and I assume the same now. Face it, your parents have to come up with $40 - $60K per year ... nothing wannabe about that.

But, the fanbase is small because the class size is small ... 6700 undergrads, 5900 grad students. You read that right ... almost the same number of undergrads and grads. When I was there in the late 70s the grads outnumbered the undergrads and the rat bastards went after our undergrad snapper. But I digress. Think about that, they have to graduate about 10 years of classes to get 1 year of ASU, and 6+ years to get what UF or UGa get in a year. No wonder the stadium is small, and often with open seats. Well, size and the fact that we have historically sucked.