• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC not so deep this year...

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I feel that the SEC isnt as top heavy this season I feel threads like this are masked trash talking against the conference that has won the last 7 titles. I think that is looked at as acceptable by fans of all the other conferences to trash talk the SEC. What apparently is not acceptable is to defend the SEC. That makes you a conference troll. Hypocrisy at its finest.

My personal take, the SEC looks less top heavy. So in a season where the SEC is weakened which conferences look great or better than we thought? Cause from what I have seen no conference looks that great this season.

I think a lot of that comes from the sec biased fans. comes with the territory of 7 titles. not pointing anyone out on this board but I get plenty of bias comments from sec fans in general. example oh well if you put Arkansas or Kentucky in any other bcs conference they would dominate everyone and win the conference. and since last season we have gotten a lot of sec out o f conference matchup losses..northwestern pretty sure they knocked off 2 sec teams....Louisville beating florida. Clemson beat lsu and then Georgia this year...florida vs Miami this year....it raises the question if there were more ooc matchups would we see even more losses.

so yeah maybe its trash talking a conference. but a lot of the our conference is so tough the bottom teams would destroy any other conference is kinda where it comes from

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so yeah maybe its trash talking a conference. but a lot of the our conference is so tough the bottom teams would destroy any other conference is kinda where it comes from

What troll boards have you been posting on...because anybody that posts shit like that is a troll.

Of course the opposite is usually true...bottom team in one conference would be no better than bottom teams in another conference...and based on the two games I watched, USC is a bottom team in the PAC and would be in the SEC this year too.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of that comes from the sec biased fans. comes with the territory of 7 titles. not pointing anyone out on this board but I get plenty of bias comments from sec fans in general. example oh well if you put Arkansas or Kentucky in any other bcs conference they would dominate everyone and win the conference. and since last season we have gotten a lot of sec out o f conference matchup losses..northwestern pretty sure they knocked off 2 sec teams....Louisville beating florida. Clemson beat lsu and then Georgia this year...florida vs Miami this year....it raises the question if there were more ooc matchups would we see even more losses.

Never heard anyone say those things.

Generally what I hear goes the other direction, where you put a team like Boise St in the SEC and see if they will go undefeated.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol wasn't referring to the board...but fans I know/meet in person...work, friends etc...although ill admit the success of a&m in their first year in sec makes me question how many other texas a&m type teams are out there that if you inserted in sec they would have success....not undefeated but success