• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC and ACC say no to WVU

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they throw batteries at Les...

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC did not accept us because we don't supply enough of a market for them. It is as simple as that. The simple thought that Missouri will deliver the St Louis Market put them in front of us. Although WV is ranked 24 it market size because that included both PA and MD along with WV.

This has been a frustrating process.

They are dreaming...St. Louis is too involved in their pro teams really. And KC is split, not only geographically by the Kansas-Missouri border but by school loyalty to both schools.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC did not accept us because we don't supply enough of a market for them. It is as simple as that. The simple thought that Missouri will deliver the St Louis Market put them in front of us. Although WV is ranked 24 it market size because that included both PA and MD along with WV.

This has been a frustrating process.

I was hoping Pitt and WVU would be in this together.

The ACC rejecting you guys is asinine, if they want to bring "legitimacy" to the football conference WVU would do so instantly.

IrishFutbol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The ACC rejecting you guys is asinine, if they want to bring "legitimacy" to the football conference WVU would do so instantly.

WVU's claim to fame includes include getting blown out in their only NC shot, and a few decent years under RRod...and.....that's about it.

Not exactly the type of team I'd say brings instant legitimacy. Especially since they sucked when Miami and VT were still in the BE.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU-Pee.jpg

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the academic rail against WVU is pretty unfounded, but that is just me. The fan behavior at games has and continues to be a problem. As I have said repeatedly, I would take you in the ACC, because I do not think that the actions of a bunch of idiots should not taint an entire university but I can not see any other reason why the SEC would not have accepted you on spot....

.....unless.....

(does anyone else hear a warchant and see Howard's rock?)

YES! :amen:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are nuts.

WVU would be a nice add for football but they are a top 30 program, not one that would bring instant legitimacy to any conference.

You are greatly overstating their impact. They are a nice add for anyone, but not a difference maker.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are nuts.

WVU would be a nice add for football but they are a top 30 program, not one that would bring instant legitimacy to any conference.

You are greatly overstating their impact. They are a nice add for anyone, but not a difference maker.

How many top 30 programs does the ACC have now? 3?

I'm not saying they are Texas or anything, but it's not like the ACC is brimming with football greatness on the field that they should be passing up on top 30 programs.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many top 30 programs does the ACC have now? 3?

I'm not saying they are Texas or anything, but it's not like the ACC is brimming with football greatness on the field that they should be passing up on top 30 programs.

Virginia Tech, Florida State, Miami, Clemson, Georgia Tech and now Pitt all have bigger football markets than WVU.

Virginia Tech, Florida State, Miami, Clemson, Georgia Tech and probably North Carolina all have better on the field products.

The sixth best team does not "make or break" a conference. They would be a nice add, but not a game changer, at all.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia Tech, Florida State, Miami, Clemson, Georgia Tech and now Pitt all have bigger football markets than WVU.

Agree, but Miami and Pitt have apathetic fan bases, that don't travel.

Virginia Tech, Florida State, Miami, Clemson, Georgia Tech and probably North Carolina all have better on the field products.

Debatable, I'd put them third or fourth.

The sixth best team does not "make or break" a conference. They would be a nice add, but not a game changer, at all.

Fair enough, you seem to have this info on lockdown, but they would certainly be a better add than Rutgers or Uconn.

LebronPlaysPrisonBall

Hard out here on a PIP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Big East Game of the Week shows every Sat from Mass to Virginia and over to Ohio. They have a pre and post game show that comes on in these same markets. WVU since the "New Big East" was developed has been in that game 50-60% of the time. That plus their many, many games on National TV guarantee them existing in a better football market then CLEMSON.

That statement plus WVU not having a better on field product than Clem, NC and I'd go as far to say even UM and GaTech since the conference reconfigured was pure ridiculousness. I know you as a hokie have a little ax to grind against the Mountaineers and its understandable (I believe I remember them trashing Tech in 03' when they were highly ranked and begin that end of the season collapse that VaTech always seemed to have seasonally in Big East play)

As a person with no dog in the fight I have nothing against these teams but just as a fan of football who has lived in and outside of these areas WVU has been a MAJOR player recently. I know that you mean passion when you speak about these ACC teams markets (although Mia and FSU have national fanbases) but as someone in the marketing world if you just mean actual "eye balls" on certain schools in that last 5-7 years then WVU versus these schools is a no contest. It's just unfortunate that WVU's identity is attributed to being a part of the largest eastern conference's market and did not have the time (or backing from ESPN) to build that into a national brand. These other schools should just be glad they are locked into certain conferences or they would be on the outside looking in just like WVU is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Virginia may have had the best team in the country in 2007. Too bad they choked.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WARNING
couchburning.jpg

turd.jpg

Turdgate

picture_1.jpg

The black guy may possibly be a plant from a rival school, otherwise he'd be the only black guy in WV who doesn't play for the football or basketball teams. *rimshot*

medium_west%20fuckin%20virginia.jpg

Not a plant.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Actually for the middle picture, the black guy is probably a basketball player coming to support the football team.