• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell no! I want this one to eat them alive, as a Seahawks fan i want them to be down right ashamed of the way they played and NEVER put their fans through a game like that again.

The Seahawks looked worse than the Wazzu today.

Fixed it for ya

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was only able to catch the radio call of this one. Sounded rough. I was planning on watching a recording regardless of the outcome but it sounds like this was just a 3 1/2 hour shit show. I can't imagine it's worth watching. What sucks is the Bucs were real bad other than the first two drives, Seattle was just worse.

4th season of full house where uncle joey gets an awkward boner would be more exciting

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people saying this is just one game... no this is a theme. We have seen this offense and this oline play JUST like this in stretches during games just not for a whole game. Does it take a full game of this ineptitude to open eyes? from some of the post i have read it will take MORE than a full game.

Big changes need to be forth coming and not just writing this one off as a hiccup. Injuries happen to every team and are NOT an excuse. We have seen the Hawks even more devastated by injuries before and they played better than this.

So how many high draft picks has Cable had to work w/ at one time? That's what you're going to get when you're trying to develop players that played DE their entire careers; players that were drafted on potential rather than being ready to play now, etc...

For example, what has the FO done to help Cable fill the Center position after trading away Unger (whom Cable helped develop)? Pierre? Hunt a Rookie this year?

• 2012 we didn't even draft an OL...
  • 2013 we didn't draft one till the 7th round...
  • 2014, we drafted 2... One in the 2nd and one in the 6th...
  • 2015, we didn't draft one till the 4th round...
  • 2016, we FINALLY drafted one in the 1st round...

So with that said, what kind of support/players has Cable been given considering during that time, we traded away Unger and let Okung walk - easily our two best OL...

That is a 5 year window of us getting rid of our two best OL while not investing much into making our OL better... So is anyone surprised that we have a few hiccups each season when our OL doesn't play that great?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th season of full house where uncle joey gets an awkward boner would be more exciting

Ah yes, the one where he finger-bangs Michelle using Mr. Woodchuck. I am all too familiar with that particular episode.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes, the one where he finger-bangs Michelle using Mr. Woodchuck. I am all too familiar with that particular episode.

No no, the episode where DJ turns 16 and invites over Kimmy where they talk about boys and they find Joey in the closet recording them. Lol, it turns out Joey was recording them for a surprise party for their dads 50th.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be clear about this.

Cable is doing the best he can with the (lack of) talent he's been given by the GM and Head Coach.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be clear about this.

Cable is doing the best he can with the (lack of) talent he's been given by the GM and Head Coach.

That's what everyone is saying now, but the O-line was still borderline bottom third in the league when he had Okung and Unger and Seattle was first in the league in money towards the offensive line. He's done a decent job with the table scraps he's been given, but even with pretty good talent the O-line was never good.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The oline and the offense played great in the three games leading up to today. And nobody said shit about Bevell or Cable.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The oline and the offense played great in the three games leading up to today. And nobody said shit about Bevell or Cable.
Yeah, almost all seemed fairly content until yesterday...now the offense is "inconsistent" after a performance not consistent with the previous several. This is what happens to many fans though when too much value is placed on what is last seen. I call it IFS -- Idiot Fan Syndrome.

////////

Still a disappointing loss and a rough game to watch. Had RW not looked healthier and healthier and had Rawls not come back last week and looked good, I would have likened this game to the Saints and predicted a loss but I thought those 2 could pull us through. But in the end, it reminded me quite a bit off the Saints game. Had some chances there in the end but whiffed. Russell looked great running but was off with his passing; the OL was atrocious in the first half but improved to bad in the 2nd.

Early it looked like the D was going to have a rough day but they settled in a bit and made several plays to give the O a chance at the end but we were just too flat and punchless.

I'm not wringing hands too much on this one, but it's gotta get better from here and back to where we were...well...the day before yesterday. Will be nice to get the starters back hopefully next game.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how many high draft picks has Cable had to work w/ at one time? That's what you're going to get when you're trying to develop players that played DE their entire careers; players that were drafted on potential rather than being ready to play now, etc...

For example, what has the FO done to help Cable fill the Center position after trading away Unger (whom Cable helped develop)? Pierre? Hunt a Rookie this year?

• 2012 we didn't even draft an OL...
  • 2013 we didn't draft one till the 7th round...
  • 2014, we drafted 2... One in the 2nd and one in the 6th...
  • 2015, we didn't draft one till the 4th round...
  • 2016, we FINALLY drafted one in the 1st round...

So with that said, what kind of support/players has Cable been given considering during that time, we traded away Unger and let Okung walk - easily our two best OL...

That is a 5 year window of us getting rid of our two best OL while not investing much into making our OL better... So is anyone surprised that we have a few hiccups each season when our OL doesn't play that great?

2011 1st rounder Carpenter who is looked at as one of the Jets best Olineman. Not saying much but better than he was here. Then you look at the talent growth of players, We have seen very little. I do believe it has everything to do with the coaching.

When the Oline does good everyone is quick to point out the Job cable has done even me. When they are bad people tend to sit on their fingers, not me as most have noticed. Well this oline has been more bad than good ever since 2011.

Last edited: