• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Mariners at Our Texas Rangers 4/14 - 4/17

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we hit rock bottom, guys, but i don't think we have yet. I think having Cruz and even Kinsler back would have helped our production. Maybe not in the long haul, I guess. I guess Prince must think he has that all on his shoulders. Tough. Hard to gage this year, truly.

I bet you are right about Prince, Tigers fans said he doesn't do as well under pressure. Maybe he they were right. I still look for him to get it going soon though. He sure seemed like he was in better shape this season. As for Kinsler and Cruz, I guess you never know. I mean our offense played like this down the stretch last year too with them hear.

Personally, I think its a confidence or maybe a security issue with these guys at this point. Maybe a chemistry issue or something for that matter. Even though we are missing some key guys, I think we have some players that should be able to put up some numbers and be able to put up some points. I think part of our issue is that FO and the clubhouse are sort of not on the best terms. Not to mention the Nolan thing. Lots of bad pub- from Nolan, MY, Kinsler, Hamilton, ect. Maybe some trust issues developing there. Not going to take one side or the other but your players need to have there head in the game and not all these distractions. FO need to be avoiding all these media crap.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not signing Cruz was a good move. Too much $ for a streaky hitter and a below average outfielder. And with or without Cruz, this Ranger team wasn't going anywhere this year anyhow.

This team is plagued by 2 things: injuries and Dave Magadan. When you have such a weak and inept hitting team at a launching pad like RBIA you know you've got serious issues.

Team needs health, a new hitting coach, and Mitch Moreland to hit waivers.

I can handle the Cruz comment but as cheap as he went... he was a steal! Now, MM to waviers.... :laugh3:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz wasn't going to DH. He didn't have a position here once we signed Choo. I do expect us to be players in the Morales market after the draft. We will see. We could certainly use another productive bat in the middle of the line-up. I said that after we signed Choo and traded for Fielder.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of just thought we were already at record payroll and at budget by the time it was all said and done with Cruz. And since the QO came before the acquisition of Choo, I had just assumed it was off the table at the point. Still have no real knowledge though... just speculation. I agree, if he went that cheap, going that much more over budget for him would still have been very reasonable. Then you could trade someone to lighten the hit, I suppose.

I was saying most of the same things this offseason. I am still a big fan of the guy, try to follow him when I get opportunities.

Once the QO is offered, they can choose to sign it ay any point

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once the QO is offered, they can choose to sign it ay any point

I thought he turned it down initially though. Could he still have changed his mind? I also, agree with what Justin and Romeo posted. Cruz wants to play the field... signing Choo was pretty much the end of all Cruz talks. Still sucks that he went so cheap. I know you are not a huge fan but you got to admit he carried us at times. Choo however has been really good... just a different type of player with a different role.

Side Note: My wife's favorite player was Murphy and she was pissed when we didn't resign him. I told her it wasn't going to happen at the start of the last season but she was pissed to see we didn't have him anymore the other day. Ironically, now she seems to like Choo simply because its fun to try and say his name.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really know who does anymore. They aren't responding to him anymore either. I'm not sure he does the one thing that's he was known for, and that's relating to them while getting them to relax and play. They're all trying to do to much, and making a ton of mistakes while doing it.

I'll be the Washington guy here....least when he's ambushed for anything and everything that goes wrong. I can't defend any mangers moves 100%, and I can't get on board with blaming him for everything wrong with little to no credit when things go well. Over the top statements 13 games in always make me laugh. I think it only fair to acknowledge the good and believe it or not, I happen to think it's more than being a club house buddy to the players. I still find it amazing how little credit this guy gets with some posters here. It's as if Washington has controller in his hand with regards to execution. The players make plays or in the rangers case, not....either way, 13 games have been played without your catcher, 2nd baseman and your 3 and 4 starter. This could be 4-9 instead of 6-7. It's funny how the same people ready to panic were the same ones talking about getting outta April at 500.

I don't know what some here expected. The rangers lost their only defensive catcher and now playing guys that have no business catcher more than 50 games. This remains huge playing both the current catchers on the team. This team was all in on Martin, Moreland and Rios after adding Fielder and Choo. Thet expected solid years from all three. It was their decision going into this season. The general manger obviously had no real interest in Cruz or Morelos. This team was all in with Beltre playing 150 plus in spite of lingering leg issues the last couple of seasons, and fans of this team will have to ride this out. Nothing has changed other than 13 games have been played.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be the Washington guy here....least when he's ambushed for anything and everything that goes wrong. I can't defend any mangers moves 100%, and I can't get on board with blaming him for everything wrong with little to no credit when things go well. Over the top statements 13 games in always make me laugh. I think it only fair to acknowledge the good and believe it or not, I happen to think it's more than being a club house buddy to the players. I still find it amazing how little credit this guy gets with some posters here. It's as if Washington has controller in his hand with regards to execution. The players make plays or in the rangers case, not....either way, 13 games have been played without your catcher, 2nd baseman and your 3 and 4 starter. This could be 4-9 instead of 6-7. It's funny how the same people ready to panic were the same ones talking about getting outta April at 500.

I don't know what some here expected. The rangers lost their only defensive catcher and now playing guys that have no business catcher more than 50 games. This remains huge playing both the current catchers on the team. This team was all in on Martin, Moreland and Rios after adding Fielder and Choo. Thet expected solid years from all three. It was their decision going into this season. The general manger obviously had no real interest in Cruz or Morelos. This team was all in with Beltre playing 150 plus in spite of lingering leg issues the last couple of seasons, and fans of this team will have to ride this out. Nothing has changed other than 13 games have been played.

:agree:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I expected them to not be leading MLB in errors while averaging 3.5 runs. I don't know if you're referring to me, but I didn't say anything about getting out of April at .500. What is it that you think Wash does well right now? It's mostly on the players, but the manager and Magadan are at fault as well. He let a hot bat cool off out of spring, and now he switches off at 2nd no matter how well the other played the night before. Wilson's D alone should have him in the line-up tonight. JPA should never be in the line-up again, much less hit with the game on the line.

Last edited by a moderator:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully I don't get disappointed like I was on Saturday night at the game. Let's light Beavan up!
Roll the dice and see what happens. Who knows at this point.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even though I think it's time to move on from Washington, I do agree, the ridicule is over the top at times.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will someone please tell me where we rank in terms of the rest of the MLB offensively? We HAVE to be bottom 5, we're scoring 1 run every game.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some say he is great in the clubhouse but the game is played on the field.

Well said young man, well said.

For me, last night had to just bottom us out. Hell, I felt like I was watching Doug Rader's Rangers back in the 80s. That was some lackadaisical, uninspired play on any and all fronts. I take that back, Colby did excellent for most of his outing, but we probably went with him too long all things considered.

But JPA has got to be sent out. I'm assuming he's got options. Bring in the guy we just resigned (don't remember his name, and honestly it wouldn't matter if I did) and hopefully JP will regroup elsewhere.

That's the first time in a long time I've been disgusted. Disappointed I handle; not disgusted.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean offensively, not in power rankings. Surprisingly, our pitching has been keeping us in a lot of these ball games, even though its not been that pretty