• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Mariners at Our Texas Rangers 4/14 - 4/17

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that was a clunker last night. I'm going on Wednesday night and hoping for a better performance although it is unlikely with Darvish on the mound :-/ The Ranger have seemed to hit King Felix well in the past though

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is even if they finished below .500 Wash would get a pass because of injuries, I can see him signed to another 1 year extension after the year

Should JD get a pass bc of injuries, even though its his job to provide the team with depth? If so, then Wash should get same consideration.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are making a big mistake if the only guys we let Choice bat against are LHers in regards to his growth as a major leaguer.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that was a clunker last night. I'm going on Wednesday night and hoping for a better performance although it is unlikely with Darvish on the mound :-/ The Ranger have seemed to hit King Felix well in the past though
This team hasn't . They aren't hitting anyone.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are making a big mistake if the only guys we let Choice bat against is LHers in regards to his growth as a major leaguer.

He should play more, but I don't know if being DH is that much better for him.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should play more, but I don't know if being DH is that much better for him.

Agree. They should rotate him with other OFers and let one of them DH once in a while or give Martin the day off.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash is 1,000% correct.

Just 3 passing mentions of this? I didn't see this last night b/c I had already turned the channel.

But that call was a travesty. How can a guy be safe when the player has the ball in his glove and only loses as he's throwing the ball? Just stupid

That's ALWAYS been an out. That's just piss poor interpretation of the rule and they need to fix that.

That's going to get changed

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just 3 passing mentions of this? I didn't see this last night b/c I had already turned the channel.

But that call was a travesty. How can a guy be safe when the player has the ball in his glove and only loses as he's throwing the ball? Just stupid

That's ALWAYS been an out. That's just piss poor interpretation of the rule and they need to fix that.

You are correct. It will get changed.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well change the ball strike rule too, if it pops out of the catchers mitt it should be a ball right?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I had a bad feeling that we would really miss his production. He knocked in a ton of runs for us. Sure he may be streaky but does what we are missing the most right now... helps teammates find home plate. Do you know that the his agent didn't allow the Rangers to make an offer? I was just under the impression we were just out on him and had committed to MM. Really wish we could have signed him... He was really my favorite from the WS core. I bet ya he puts together a pretty impressive season with the Os.

This right here....... I remember people on this board were calling me crazy for wanting either Cruz or Morales. Even with our full assortment of players, I wasn't certain the lineup was good enough. We needed to sign one more good bat.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I look at it this way... The same play is made at first - they'll call him out. Foot is on the bag, ball in the glove... out.

When it gets transferred to make a throw, then that's the fielders problem. The "OUT" should still count. Period.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This right here....... I remember people on this board were calling me crazy for wanting either Cruz or Morales. Even with our full assortment of players, I wasn't certain the lineup was good enough. We needed to sign one more good bat.

Never had a problem with Cruz as long as he was playing DH, still think he was a very overrated player, but he had value you for us, 14 million plus a draft pick? not a chance... 14 million, sure, but only for 1 or 2 years at most

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We said you were crazy because you ignored the fact that Cruz wouldn't dh.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should JD get a pass bc of injuries, even though its his job to provide the team with depth? If so, then Wash should get same consideration.

I feel like most organizations tend to give FO and coaching a pass when such a rash of injuries happen, no one can really control the bad luck the club has had for the past 2 seasons. Wash will get consideration and that was kinda my point, he can continue to bungle baseball decisions all year but the record of the team will most likely be blamed on injuries and not poor management.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its early, but right now we just look like an average team. We may have decent pitching, but our hitting is atrocious. We have injuries left and right, but as of right now we look like an average team. Sorta like the cowboys. Every year everyone thinks they're gonna make the playoffs and have a chance, but that's only because they are the cowboys. If you look at their team and their coaching staff, you realize its only an average team.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I don't care about the call at the plate right now, we just scored one fucking run off of who?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't calling you crazy....not for that anyways.

I didn't think this offense would be as potent as most. Especially the bottom. I know you can't really judge it now because of the injuries, but they weren't scoring with Beltre in there. I think it will be better when he comes back, but how much better? We aren't hitting HR's and we aren't hitting with RISP. Same as last year. Magadan needs to go.

I'm going to the game tonight, and if we can't hit Blake Beavan I imagine it's going to get very uncomfortable.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason Beavan is starting is injuries because he has not pitched good in a while. We had better do some damage on offense tonight.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bc you know we aren't scoring any runs tomorrow night and not bc King Felix is pitching either